need some help please

Hi I bought two sets of licenses for two different websites... First off I have no news on either site in admin where and how do i remove the boonex news from the front pages of the sites?

2nd question can some one offer me a complete php.ini file that works, especially  with the ray video rules are set but  seems i cant upload anything over 8 mb and when i do upload smaller videos(in wmv format) they dissapear from the site  as sson as i leave the upload screen.

Thanks

JamesterDude

Quote · 28 Jul 2008

Admin Dashboard --> Builders --> Page Builders --> Home Page ::: That should answer your first question.

only VPS or Dedicated provide php.ini file access or work arounds. If your on a dedicated or VPS go into your WebHost Control Panel and edit the php.ini file in the configuration editor. This is really solid advice if you run cPanel. If not this could be loacted anywhere.?.?

Quote · 29 Jul 2008

Hello JamesterDude,

Depending on your host, this is usually possible. Not always but very often. You need to figure out if you have php as apache or php as cgi first, as this will be the factor in determining whether to use a php.ini file or .htaccess modification. Php.ini is for php cgi setup and .htaccess is necessary for php apache setup.

If you use one or the other wrong you will either get a 500 error or your changes will do not good. So you really need to figure this out first before applying changes.

A php.ini can usually just be dropped in your main directory, but occassionally it needs to go in cgi-bin or each folder you need to make the changes.

If you already have a php.ini file in your main directory just edit it for the changes. If you do not then create one and save it as php.ini.

Please check out this forum I posted to:
http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/?action=goto&topic_id=Upload-video-error

And this link for how to determine if you have php as cgi or php as apache:
http://www.dialme.com/articles/entry/-htaccess-php-ini-Help-Guide

Hope that helps!!
gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 29 Jul 2008

Hello JamesterDude,

Depending on your host, this is usually possible. Not always but very often. You need to figure out if you have php as apache or php as cgi first, as this will be the factor in determining whether to use a php.ini file or .htaccess modification. Php.ini is for php cgi setup and .htaccess is necessary for php apache setup.

If you use one or the other wrong you will either get a 500 error or your changes will do not good. So you really need to figure this out first before applying changes.

A php.ini can usually just be dropped in your main directory, but occassionally it needs to go in cgi-bin or each folder you need to make the changes.

If you already have a php.ini file in your main directory just edit it for the changes. If you do not then create one and save it as php.ini.

Please check out this forum I posted to:
http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/?action=goto&topic_id=Upload-video-error

And this link for how to determine if you have php as cgi or php as apache:
http://www.dialme.com/articles/entry/-htaccess-php-ini-Help-Guide

Hope that helps!!
gameutopia

gameutopia,

i must say that your last few posts you have been on your A game, and i am digging reading your posts again. there was a time when nobody was posting good information. mrpowless seems to have vanished again, and i havent seen any leader posts in some time.i see sammie is still hanigin in there and doin her thing. good post again dude, and keep the information coming.

JamesterDude-----in the future dude, please search the forum before you post. there is a ton of information available on the forum. you will find you are not the lone ranger in your hunt for these answers. where are you hosted, are you on vps or dedicated, or shared. have you checked to see if register_globals are OFF. if not get the hell off that server, and get on one that is configured to run the dolphin script.

holla all,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 29 Jul 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.