permalinks problem

hello everybody . 

first of congrats to Boonex for the successful release of the 7.1 beta. it is looking great. I have tried using the script and its working fine for me as of yet. perhaps the only problem i am facing is the permalinks. if i turn on the permalinks, everything on the site becomes a 404 error except the homepage ( which i think simply doesn't use the permalinks... obviously). and the 404 is not the page defined in dolphin. it is the blank page which is the server default with a slight amount of server info like what all software the server is running . you know ... the default apache 404 page. So id like to ask if this is a server configuration problem or something in the script. and how can it be corrected? my site is hosted on arvixe ( which is a host recommended by boonex ). 

hope someone can help :)

and once again ... gratz on the release of another great software !

Quote · 9 Nov 2012

As long as you uploaded the .htaccess file that comes with dolphin then the problem is server configuration.

Server must meet all requirements of dolphin. http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/wiki/DolTech

In this case, mod_rewrite must be enabled, and if you are running a dedicated or VPS then a common problem is normally Apache not setup to allow overrides in it's config file.

There are also some hosts that require that a extra line be added to the .htaccess file.

RewriteBase /

May need to be added after the line RewriteEngine On

That is rarely needed. Have see it required on very few hosts. GoDaddy and 1&1 Hosting are a couple of known ones. So do not add it unless it is required.

So first you start by verifying that the .htaccess file from the zip archive was uploaded to your site. Then move on to verifying proper Apache server configuration.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 9 Nov 2012

yep :) its working now :)

when uploading and unzipping zip with the web servers built in software , the .htaccess file does not get extracted. 

thanks for the suggestion 

Quote · 9 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.