ray chat not working

My ray chat is not working. the rms address is right. and all folder permissions are right but when members try to use it it just sits there forever saying connecting. the address is www.friendsensation.com please help

Quote · 20 May 2008

Same problem.  Several people have stated this also.  The question is -- does anyone have IM working in 6.1.1?  If so, please share.

Quote · 20 May 2008

My Im is not working also...its very frustrating...help! Would be amazing if everything worked Smile

Quote · 30 May 2008

Would be amazing if everything worked ~

I'd be happy to see everying working well but it's not....

Quote · 31 May 2008

Well these comments make me feel a lot better, I thought I was the only one, and heck, I cannnot even get any of my Ray addons to even register now with 6.1 running. BUMMER.

Cali

http://411.scottbruno.com

Quote · 30 Jun 2008

well i had everything working under 6.1.1  untill i upgraded to 6.1.2  now i have errors a plenty....  but mainly i now get the chat just loading forever without trying to connect to rms

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 1 Jul 2008

Ditto.  Having the same problem with CHAT just loading and loading and loading.  Plus no IM.

Arthur

Quote · 6 Jul 2008

you can set off the connection to rms.boonex.com if you have this on.
Then normally the chat must working, withoud video ofcourse...

Kids first
Quote · 6 Jul 2008

Thank you.

I have checked the settings for Ray.  The base is set correctly rms.boonex.com with ports at 10000 and 10080.

One clue.  After I go to base settings for Ray in my Admin, pull up the settings for Ray, and SAVE, the message is "Cannot Connect to RMS".

Are there firewall settings on my side that could affect this.

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

Nope, rms.boonex.com is mostly not responding...

You can got it working if you not select in admin - ray - base  the connection to boonex.

without its working only no video

Kids first
Quote · 7 Jul 2008

I am sorry. I do not understand your suggestion, killerhaai. I have all of the setting in Dolphin Admin set correctly for boonex, and in Ray Suite Pluggin. The problem is that it is not connecting to rms.boonex.com. The Chat doesn't work, and probably everything else that is Ray dependent.

My question is whether this is being blocked on my server's firewall, and how can I test that and fix it.

Arthur Rosenfield

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

he is trying to tell you to uncheck the use rms box   but my problem is i never use rms from boonex never have never will.....  but i still can not connect to chat weather i have it checked or unchecked    was looking to see what table it gets stored in or what file but i cant see to find it for the life of me....

anyone have a clue where it is...   if i load my backup of 6.1.1 files and DB it works fine...  owell i guess ill wait a few months for 6.1.3 :)

Quote · 8 Jul 2008

sorry ports needed for rms are 1935 1936 and 5080 i think but not 100%    but rms never works so its not your ports i bet...

Quote · 8 Jul 2008

Tried all that.  Still no CHAT.  I will wait for DosDawg so that I can rule out the possibility of the problem being the firewall settings on my server.

Quote · 8 Jul 2008

BIG APOLOGY TO **killerhaai**

You were correct.  The Base Setting "Use RMS" in the Ray Suite needs to be unchecked.  I thought I had tried that, before but it seems to work now.

DosDawg, I appreciate the offer to test your rms server.  Apparently, the firewall was not the issue.

Mostly, I have been reading that the boonex rms server is intermittently down.  I don't know if the unchecking "Use RMS" is the solution, or  I just got a lucky connection.

Thank you again, killerhaai and DosDawg.

Arthur Rosenfield

Quote · 8 Jul 2008

how to get a proper connection with boonex rms ?

to have video working ?

i had it in the past but no more

Quote · 3 Aug 2008

rms.boonex.com no long supported, said by boonex team.

Quote · 4 Sep 2009

Get your own RMS conection, this will solve 99% of the problems..

Quote · 4 Sep 2009

Hello guys!

Yes, BoonEx RMS is not supported anymore and I'd advise that you find a hosting provider who provides RMS as a free service such as Arvixe. Plkease, find more information at boonex.com/hosting.

Regards, Lyubov.

Quote · 4 Sep 2009

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.