restarting chat server

Is there any way to easily restart the chat server? With Zarconia hosting, the replies come so much slower (days even!) and sometimes I can't wait for that. Right now my server is down, and I have no idea how they used to restart it for me. I have dedicated hosting with a Plesk panel, but when it was explained to me a few years ago, I did not understand and never did get it to restart successfully.

Thank you!

Blythe

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.. although it does work the other way around!
Quote · 5 Mar 2019

You need to shell in and it is probably in /opt 

The installation instructions are a mess for Chat+  Alex told me to fix it and I told Alex I wasn't getting paid to do his job.

I would have to log into a server to see correctly because the installation instructions are still garbled.

Anyway find the run.sh file and execute it with ./run.sh

What is your server OS?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 5 Mar 2019

The installation instructions are a mess for Chat+  Alex told me to fix it and I told Alex I wasn't getting paid to do his job.

The price for this job is paid off very well actually, you even can't measure it in dollars, it will be a lot of thanks from other members.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 5 Mar 2019

The price for this job is paid off very well actually, you even can't measure it in dollars, it will be a lot of thanks from other members.

When Dolphin is released under the MIT license, I will write better instructions at that time. Cool

Quote · 5 Mar 2019

Thank you geek_girl! I do appreciate your answer! 

Still no answer from Zarconia on this, it's been 18 hours.. I'm about to go hunting that file...

My OS is CentOS 6.10

Thank you again! Blythe

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.. although it does work the other way around!
Quote · 5 Mar 2019

I guess one should ask by chat server do you mean RMS or ChatPlus?

Like geek_girl suggested it is probably in /opt folder/directory.

However, it could be in a subdirectory from there like:
/opt/rms
/opt/chatplus
etc.

File names to start chat are different for RMS and ChatPlus, but the process of starting or restarting is similar.

It's not that difficult once you learn the process.

Good luck hope they get back to you soon.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 7 Mar 2019

@gameutopia; Glad to see you here posting.  Your site was a good resource for me when I first came here.

Quote · 7 Mar 2019

Thanks geek_girl. It's nice to hear that someone got some use out of my website.

My online presence has been limited due to health problems. I'm trying to get online and develop more. I just don't know if that is going to happen, or how much more time it will amount to at this point.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 7 Mar 2019

Is there any way to easily restart the chat server?

If this is Chat + and you can access your administration section, look for the General tab and you will see it there.

You can also do it via SSH if you have access to that.

See the photo I've attached.

restart Chat +.JPG · 77.2K · 45 views
ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 10 Mar 2019

Ah if chat were working that would be easy... however, all I have is a blank square on my page...

I cannot figure out this darn thing.. and it keeps stopping!

chat+.jpg · 60.9K · 3 views
Quote · 26 Mar 2019

Ok, so now the chat has restarted.. but when I go to the page, and the "Click to Log In" button is there, I click on it and nothing happens.. just a white screen. Any ideas?

Quote · 26 Mar 2019

Ok, so now the chat has restarted.. but when I go to the page, and the "Click to Log In" button is there, I click on it and nothing happens.. just a white screen. Any ideas?

I do server work for a fee; send me a PM if you are interested.

Quote · 26 Mar 2019

Start over but make sure to NOT turn off "Show form-based login" until you're sure of all your settings and oauth credentials work.

You should then do a backup of the mongod database.

I'd not turn it off for a while if you can get around it.

There is no way to "get" to the admin side of Chat+ server once you're locked out.

email login.JPG · 71.4K · 17 views
ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 27 Mar 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.