script won't run.

i go all the way through the process, follow all the instructions, then when i run the script it says "page not found", as though "upgrade" is the name of a member, and it is looking for a profile.

Quote · 14 Nov 2012

When you uploaded the upgrade directory were you logged on as "root" by any chance?

i go all the way through the process, follow all the instructions, then when i run the script it says "page not found", as though "upgrade" is the name of a member, and it is looking for a profile.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 14 Nov 2012

I used FTP to upload the patch. but I was probably also logged in to Cpanel if that is what you mean.

Quote · 14 Nov 2012

at this point i am ready to quit dealing with this and try a fresh install. but i have purchased mods so i am afraid i will have to lose them. i have done this over and over again using both Cpanel and Filezilla and I always get the same result, it just looks for a profile called "upgrade" and does not run the script.

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

i have been wondering if the path to the script is correct. I am just using mysite/upgrade   but maybe the server has a different path i should use.. waiting for their reply on that.

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

It's one of three things:

1. The "upgrade" directory isn't in your public_html directory

2. You didn't delete or rename the ".htaccess" in your upgrade directory

3. You were logged into the ftp as some account other than the user account when you uploaded the files.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 15 Nov 2012

are you saying that i need to create the directory called "upgrade" and then put the patch in there?

the other two things are eliminated. all i am doing is following the instructions from Trac. just like it says.

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

When you unzipped the upgrade it should be in a folder called "upgrade". Then if you drop that folder in your public_html directory the path would be www.yoursite.com/upgrade/

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

ok, what happened with me is it ended up in a folder with the same name as the compressed patch file, and then the upgrade folder was inside of that folder. That happened consistently. So should I move that upgrade folder to public_html? That leaves some files leftover in the parent folder of the upgrade folder named for the compressed patch file though.. jeez.. I have a ticket in with arvixe so maybe they can help me figure it out, too, and i thank you very much for your input.

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

No problem, glad to help.

You should unzip the folder on your home computer and upload the "upgrade" folder to public_html. You would also upload everything else to the public_html and overwrite the current files/folders. So basically everything that is in the folder you have that is named the same as the zip should be one directory level down from where it is. Does that make sense?

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

yes, it makes sense, but I'm scared  Undecided.. and i thought I already replaced the files.. so i am going to wait and see what they say at arvixe when/ if they get back to me.

you are saying the file named for the zip, should be in upgrade, and not vice-versa.. yes?

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

The folder that is the same name as the zip doesn't need to be on your server at all. The zip itself really doesn't need to either. You should unzip that file on your home computer and then ftp all the contents into the public_html directory on your server. That way all the files/dirs will overwrite what is currently there and the only thing extra is the one directory called "upgrade". Then you run the contents of that by going to www.yoursite.com/upgrade/ in your browser. Then after that's complete you delete that directory from the server. If you DID overwrite all the files/dirs then you should be able to move the "upgrade"  down to the public_html and it should run normally. 

If you PM me your ticket number I can send it to someone who can take a look at it.

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

I forgot to ask, is this a live site? If it is I don't know if I would upgrade to the beta version of 7.1. If you look at the forum today it seems to still have lots of problems.

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

that is true but my site is not ready either.. so i would rather just get on with it and deal with it, i will pm you.

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

Did you remember to delete the.htaccess file from the /upgrade directory?  It won't work until you do that.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 15 Nov 2012

Yes Houston, I did do that. The fix that MScott suggested worked. I did not feel 100% about how to do it, so the webhost was kind enough to do that. Now I am partially upgraded.

Where I am now is any modules that were not installed before the upgrade will not install as the message reads they are not compatible. So those files must not have made it. I also have a lot of language issues ie: _sys_sm_profile · _sys_sm_account · _sys_sm_logout  so that is going to keep me busy for a while, tweaking those.. So i will do a search for a solution on these modules and ask some questions and see what I can find.

Quote · 15 Nov 2012

Yes Houston, I did do that. The fix that MScott suggested worked. I did not feel 100% about how to do it, so the webhost was kind enough to do that. Now I am partially upgraded.

Where I am now is any modules that were not installed before the upgrade will not install as the message reads they are not compatible. So those files must not have made it. I also have a lot of language issues ie: _sys_sm_profile · _sys_sm_account · _sys_sm_logout  so that is going to keep me busy for a while, tweaking those.. So i will do a search for a solution on these modules and ask some questions and see what I can find.

Not all older modules will work with 7.1, but with that said most  will, I have been testing older modules this way on a TEST site..

all of the modules folders have an install folder..

modulefolder/install/config.php

example of file, look at the beginning of file for this

$aConfig = array(

/**

* Main Section.

*/

'title' => 'Your Older Module',

'version' => '1.6.2',

'vendor' => 'Sombody',

'update_url' => '',

'compatible_with' => array(

'7.0.x',

),

make is look like this,

$aConfig = array(

/**

* Main Section.

*/

'title' => 'Your Older Module',

'version' => '1.6.2',

'vendor' => 'Sombody',

'update_url' => '',

'compatible_with' => array(

'7.1.x',

),

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 15 Nov 2012

Test all functions of the module before loading on your production site

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 15 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.