target in news

I am trying to target my news in a new window. I select open in new window. I view the html source that shows target="_blank" but when i post the news article it does not save the target info. So basically it loads in the current window meaning my user has to click back to get back to the website. I have tried this numerous times and also tried posting and then updating the link afterwards in the edit a news post area. But nothing has worked.  Please help.

Quote · 9 Jan 2010

mr. hank,

sir this is not necessarily a bug, and this should be posted to the correct forum topic so you can receive the appropriate attention.

I am trying to target my news in a new window. I select open in new window. I view the html source that shows target="_blank" but when i post the news article it does not save the target info. So basically it loads in the current window meaning my user has to click back to get back to the website. I have tried this numerous times and also tried posting and then updating the link afterwards in the edit a news post area. But nothing has worked.  Please help.

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 9 Jan 2010

Thanks DosDawg. It seemed like a bug because the target feature does not work. I dont believe that it is me screwing it up. have u been able to add a news item, select open in a new window in the link settings and have it work? I have no problems moving it to a different forum, but I thought it was a bug because i was able to re-create it time and time again.

thanks,

Hank

Quote · 9 Jan 2010

Whatever you call it, it's extremely annoying.

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/1700

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 10 Jan 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.