underscores everywhere...

Hi,

I'm new to dolphin and just installed 7.1 version. I'm having a problem with lots of "_" appearing both in the modules I add, and in admin control interface. Attached are a couple of screenshots.

I searched forums for a solution to this but couldn't find anything. Please help.

Thanks

Menus.JPG · 18.8K · 283 views
Admin.JPG · 58.4K · 290 views
Quote · 27 Nov 2012

Those are language keys. Looks like your languages are not getting compiled when the module is installed.

Go into admin then tools then host tools and go to the permissions tab. See if all of your permissions are properly set.

Verify the langs folder has writable permissions.

Go to admin then modules then add and manage modules. Select all installed modules and recompile the languages

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 27 Nov 2012

Thanks for the reply! I followed the steps you suggested -- my permissions are all green (and I manually verified that the write access is set for the langs folder). I tried installing/uninstalling the modules but it did not help.

I was able to manually resolve the problem by copying over the mappings from "modulesboonexphotosinstalllangsen.php" to "langslang-en.php". But I'd still like to fix the cause. When I just installed Dolphin, the "lang-en.php" did not get copied to the "langs" folder, I had to copy it manually. Maybe these problems are related?

My 2 guesses are (1) permissions (but I verified manually they are set correctly), and (2) back/forward slashes. I'm on Windows, so there may potentially be problems if back slashes are hardcoded. 

Will aprecisate any insight into how I can debug this.

Thanks!

Quote · 27 Nov 2012

Aha, I figured it out. The problem was that there was no languages imported. I went to Language Settings and imported English by choosing lang-en.php, and then made it a default. This emptied the lang-en.php file. But I had a backup -- copied it over, and now everything is working!

Thanks deanno for your help!

Quote · 28 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.