user profiles

When a user clicks a profile link for example www.domain.com/username 

It gives this error: Something went wrong! Please try reloading the page.

The profile is already active and confirmed. So, why wouldn't the profile load?

Quote · 15 Sep 2020

Hello jqc21!

May you please specify - do you have this trouble only with 1 profile or with every on your site?

Quote · 16 Sep 2020

I'm also a bit confused about what you're trying to do here. You access user profiles by clicking People in the main menu and selecting a profile by clicking the image or the name.

If that's what you're doing, you shouldn't get that error or a database error unless the site isn't configured properly, database is damaged or you've changed some code somewhere.

Quote · 16 Sep 2020

Go into the header.inc.php file; /inc/header.inc.php.  Find the following entry:

$site['fullError']         = false;

Change the false to true and save the file.

$site['fullError']         = true;

This will give you the full reason for the error; it can be trigger by a database error or a php error.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 16 Sep 2020

I changed the info to true in /inc/header.inc.php When clicking the profile from the account area here is the error I get now: 

An uncaught exception was thrown

Details

Type ArgumentCountError
Message Too few arguments to function BxTemplProfileGenerator::__construct(), 1 passed in /home/user/public_html/inc/profiles.inc.php on line 636 and at least 2 expected
File /home/user/public_html/templates/tmpl_facebook/scripts/BxTemplProfileGenerator.php
Line 10

Trace

#0 /home/user/public_html/inc/profiles.inc.php(636): BxTemplProfileGenerator->__construct(3)
#1 /home/user/public_html/profile.php(36): bx_check_profile_visibility(3, 3)
#2 {main}

Quote · 16 Sep 2020

Appears the error is being triggered by a script in your custom template tmpl_facebook

You will need to report this to the author of the template your using.

To verify it's a template issue, switch to the default evo template and see if the problem continues.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 16 Sep 2020

I switched to the default evo template and it worked. The profile loaded. I guess it's something with the other template.

Quote · 16 Sep 2020

@jqc21, please, please always tell us if you're using a third party template. Most third-party templates and a vast number of modules haven't been upgraded to Dolphin 7.4.2 and that's the cause of a lot of problems including this one. Anything to do with FB is likely to cause issues.

Quote · 17 Sep 2020

ok, this template is just a facebook type of style. It's doesn't connect to facebook.

Quote · 17 Sep 2020

What I meant was that a number of templates weren't upgraded to 7.4.2. FB 'style" templates have caused issues before and you may find yours isn't 7.4.2 compatible.

Quote · 17 Sep 2020

As an update to the post, I went to the default evo template to the BxTemplProfileGenerator.php file and replaced the contents of the file into the third party template file of BxTemplProfileGenerator.php and it worked. The third party file was modified alittle different. Hopefully it won't cause any more errors later on.

Quote · 17 Oct 2020

So is it possible to see what was different?

Quote · 18 Oct 2020

This is what was in the original template before changing.

<?php

bx_import('BxBaseProfileGenerator');

/**

* @see BxDolVoting

*/

class BxTemplProfileGenerator extends BxBaseProfileGenerator

{

function __construct( $sSystem, $iId, $iInit = 1 )

{

parent::__construct( $sSystem, $iId, $iInit );

}

}

Quote · 23 Oct 2020

And what has been applied and broke the work?

Quote · 26 Oct 2020

It was changed to the contents of the BxTemplProfileGenerator.php file in the evo template. The profiles wasn't loading with the other one.

Quote · 28 Oct 2020

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.