user profiles

When a user clicks a profile link for example www.domain.com/username 

It gives this error: Something went wrong! Please try reloading the page.

The profile is already active and confirmed. So, why wouldn't the profile load?

Quote · 3d ago

Hello jqc21!

May you please specify - do you have this trouble only with 1 profile or with every on your site?

Quote · 3d ago

I'm also a bit confused about what you're trying to do here. You access user profiles by clicking People in the main menu and selecting a profile by clicking the image or the name.

If that's what you're doing, you shouldn't get that error or a database error unless the site isn't configured properly, database is damaged or you've changed some code somewhere.

Quote · 3d ago

Go into the header.inc.php file; /inc/header.inc.php.  Find the following entry:

$site['fullError']         = false;

Change the false to true and save the file.

$site['fullError']         = true;

This will give you the full reason for the error; it can be trigger by a database error or a php error.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 2d ago

I changed the info to true in /inc/header.inc.php When clicking the profile from the account area here is the error I get now: 

An uncaught exception was thrown

Details

Type ArgumentCountError
Message Too few arguments to function BxTemplProfileGenerator::__construct(), 1 passed in /home/user/public_html/inc/profiles.inc.php on line 636 and at least 2 expected
File /home/user/public_html/templates/tmpl_facebook/scripts/BxTemplProfileGenerator.php
Line 10

Trace

#0 /home/user/public_html/inc/profiles.inc.php(636): BxTemplProfileGenerator->__construct(3)
#1 /home/user/public_html/profile.php(36): bx_check_profile_visibility(3, 3)
#2 {main}

Quote · 2d ago

Appears the error is being triggered by a script in your custom template tmpl_facebook

You will need to report this to the author of the template your using.

To verify it's a template issue, switch to the default evo template and see if the problem continues.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 2d ago

I switched to the default evo template and it worked. The profile loaded. I guess it's something with the other template.

Quote · 2d ago

@jqc21, please, please always tell us if you're using a third party template. Most third-party templates and a vast number of modules haven't been upgraded to Dolphin 7.4.2 and that's the cause of a lot of problems including this one. Anything to do with FB is likely to cause issues.

Quote · 2d ago

ok, this template is just a facebook type of style. It's doesn't connect to facebook.

Quote · 2d ago

What I meant was that a number of templates weren't upgraded to 7.4.2. FB 'style" templates have caused issues before and you may find yours isn't 7.4.2 compatible.

Quote · 2d ago

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.