Support forum for IBDW EVO Wall - part 2

5 Nov 2012

I have "Allow post for sounds:" checked in the setting, but don't see can icon to post sounds on the wall.

please advise. thx

The module EvoWall supports the most part of the Boonex Modules (Photos, Videos, Sites, Ads, Events, Groups, Blogs, Sounds, Videos, Polls) but on the content box (message box) there are only some icons: Photos, Videos, Sites, Urls, Ads, Polls, Groups and Events.

For Blogs and Sounds there is not the icon, as for the 3d party modules.

The modules are supported, this means that you can see the posts for these modules (Boonex Blogs, Boonex Sounds, Modzzz Pets, Petitions, Clubs, Schools, ecc...)

See my products at http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/ilbellodelweb | Hosting: zarconia.net
5 Nov 2012

Today we have updated two files (it's available EvoWall 1.2.1)

If you have alredy installed EvoWall 1.2.0 you can overwrite these files:

1) install/config.php

2) bt_condivisione1.php

This update fix a little bug for the linkedin sharing.

See my products at http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/ilbellodelweb | Hosting: zarconia.net
5 Nov 2012

Version 1.2.1 of EvoWall in 7.1.0 doesn't show photos or videos on the wall after adding them. It adds the video to the database. Currently 5.7 of PhotoDeluxe isn't working for me properly, so maybe it's connected?

6 Nov 2012

I must report the error too (1.2.1 version). Uploading photos is strange, using the default method does nothing beyond ticking I have the right to distribute these photos and clicking on Continue. Then seemingly nothing else happens. Using the Flash method shows the photo being uploaded but then it finishes and nothing. No photos are shown EITHER on EVO or on the Photos (Boonex) module. However, the photos ARE there in my wall-photo album. Three tries, three photos uploaded. BUT without any news about this on the EVO, or at least in the Photos module.

By the way, I reported weeks ago that Photos aded via EVO DO NOT SHOW UP on the Photos in the Boonex photo module, nor do show up their albums (wall-photo albums) as well. There's no point to share on EVO, if the photo gets lost in the thread of new wall posts, going down with time, if it is not shown on the Photos module as well - does not make sense to share on EVO since if the Photos show the most recent additions (or are meant to), photos or albums, and the upload is not there, then how can it be found by members?

(Photo is added, true, but it sits in the album that is invisible from Photos module, so it kind of does not exist too)

P.S.: However, when someone adds avatar or rates a photo, it is shown on the EVO (but that's because they used different modules to achieve this, lol). Also, I haven't tried uploading a video but I suspect the same would happen what JoeWa tried...

Version 1.2.1 of EvoWall in 7.1.0 doesn't show photos or videos on the wall after adding them. It adds the video to the database. Currently 5.7 of PhotoDeluxe isn't working for me properly, so maybe it's connected?

7 Nov 2012

PS: Same thing when you simply write a URL in the comment box (it doesn't show in the feed after pressing send)

7 Nov 2012

Trying to share in-site link is giving me You have reached your daily limit or access denied, which is my _Access denied lang. key actually. Any idea why? My memberships are allowed and as far as I remember, I could share the links from the site as far back as 1.2.0? Well, my members shared in-site link as far as yesterday, damn! :)

9 Nov 2012

Also an idea for mod integration -  http://www.boonex.com/m/comment-translate - would be cool if translate was on EVO as well. ;)

9 Nov 2012

Thanks! In wich file I can edit the comment area?
I don't want it under the content but in a different box... So i want to put it in a different div.

10 Nov 2012

Also the question where I can find all the used language keys?
I want to translate some things into Dutch.

Such as...

... ( = nickname ) joined. --> Need to be: ... ( = nickname ) heeft zich geregistreerd.

10 Nov 2012

I'm also having trouble to find the file where I can add some things to the "post to wall" section. ( above the newsfeed )
My Italian is not very good ;)

11 Nov 2012

Any news on the functions not working for v7.1.0 via EVOwall v1.2.1?

12 Nov 2012

I'm unable to delete a new comment as a standard member, a comment written by me (admin can delete comments correctly, however). I have checked membership permissions and they are correct. Photos added via the wall are added and show in PhotoDeluxe, but do not show on EVOwall (same with videos).

12 Nov 2012

Can I turn off the post "... is now friend with ..."?
We don't want that in the feed.

12 Nov 2012

Can I turn off the post "... is now friend with ..."?
We don't want that in the feed.

Check the old thread as it has been answered before:

http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Support-forum-for-IBDW-EVO-Wall.htm

12 Nov 2012

I can't find the answer in all the posts. I try'd ALT + F, but with no right result...
Can somenone give the answer again or quote it?

12 Nov 2012

What would be great is for members to share their comments (not only photos, video etc) with other social sites directly on their personal pages. That would be cool.

You could auto set it, so anything you enter can be sent to twitter (first 140 letters), FB & LinkedIn and others if possible or desirable.

Any ideas if this is in the works or even close to being in the design stage?

12 Nov 2012

What would be great is for members to share their comments (not only photos, video etc) with other social sites directly on their personal pages. That would be cool.

You could auto set it, so anything you enter can be sent to twitter (first 140 letters), FB & LinkedIn and others if possible or desirable.

There are other modules that do this already like Social Publisher is one of them and there is one or two others.

12 Nov 2012

I mean what would be great is you do not need to have to go to other modules to do that. I as an admin like to go to my Index page (where I have the feed) and enter something every morning. What would be nice is that I can have that posted on all my other sites if i so wish (it should be optional), hope I am making sense.

If you take a look at LinkedIn, it has a little box at the bottom of your "What are you thinking?" area, which you can activate for Twitter, and any comment you place will be shared with Twitter, all the time. Which I think is neat.

There are other modules that do this already like Social Publisher is one of them and there is one or two others.

12 Nov 2012

No sign of life from for more than 8 days now? ;)

I'd suggest you read all the thread, old and new one, post by post, since many interesting info can be found there. ;)

, great idea. :) Why not to integrate more functionality into this wall anyway? So that I won't need to use X mods, just one? :) (For example, why not to upload/edit avatar from the wall? I don't have Mega Profile (or what's it called) and it is on other page anyway...?!)

13 Nov 2012

...yes, I ask to integrate 's modules into EVO, apart from modzzz and such! :))

13 Nov 2012

All of these additions posting to or recieving info from FB, Linked in, twitter etc can easily bog down your system, and even worse, get you classed as a spammer. I am often banned from FB for periods of upto 30 days already. I have removed the socail publisher module from my site because it is rubbish. I have 1500 FB friends and everytime some content gets to their wall that is not relevant it really pisses them off.

Social sharing is inportant to site growth, but dont overkill it....

Just my thoughts.

13 Nov 2012

Where can I change the structure of some "balloons"?

For example:
Now: ... ( username ) added the link: ... ( the url )
We want: ... ( username ) added a link. ( link is a shortcut to the url )

I looked in the language keys, but there I only find: '_ibdw_evowall_urlmess' => ' added the link: ',

Does someone know?

13 Nov 2012

I understand and in some manner do agree. I just wish for my content that I write on my News Feed to be duplicated on my own Feed in Twitter, LinkedIn and FB, So only when I write in "What are you thinking or doing?"in my own account page do I want to duplicate on the Feed on the other sites. Not what I write on my members walls. In any event these are not forced Shares, but can be controlled and set by the member themselves.

All the members on my site do not necessarily have accounts with all of the above mentioned sites. I do not much care for FB, but just to remain with the program, I wish to consider implementing this.

I hope I am making sense.

All of these additions posting to or recieving info from FB, Linked in, twitter etc can easily bog down your system, and even worse, get you classed as a spammer. I am often banned from FB for periods of upto 30 days already. I have removed the socail publisher module from my site because it is rubbish. I have 1500 FB friends and everytime some content gets to their wall that is not relevant it really pisses them off.

Social sharing is inportant to site growth, but dont overkill it....

Just my thoughts.

13 Nov 2012

If you share a photo, video, link etc. I like to add the person from which profile the content is from.
Example:

Now: '_ibdw_evowall_bx_photo_add_condivisione' => '<a class="usernamestyle" href="{profile_link}">{profile_nick}</a> <span class="actionx">shared a photo <a href="{entry_url}">{entry_caption}</a></span>',

We want: '_ibdw_evowall_bx_photo_add_condivisione' => '<a class="usernamestyle" href="{profile_link}">{profile_nick}</a> <span class="actionx">shared the <a href="{entry_url}">photo</a> from ... ( nickname + url to persons profile page )</span>',

Someone knows what i need to enter?

13 Nov 2012

perhaps.. read the forum... I provided the solution to this 13 days ago. find mqconditions

I can't find the answer in all the posts. I try'd ALT + F, but with no right result...
Can somenone give the answer again or quote it?

13 Nov 2012

Thanks! I did that, now I don't see that posts on newsfeed. Only it's still there when I view my profile page and a other member's profile pages. I don't want that message on any page.

What do I need to do?

perhaps.. read the forum... I provided the solution to this 13 days ago. find mqconditions

13 Nov 2012

When ya going to have this and 1 col and the mobile evo running on 7.1 ?

13 Nov 2012

When ya going to have this and 1 col and the mobile evo running on 7.1 ?

I'm using 1col and 3col on 7.1

13 Nov 2012

again... it's answered in the other thread... by me... 13 days ago...

Thanks! I did that, now I don't see that posts on newsfeed. Only it's still there when I view my profile page and a other member's profile pages. I don't want that message on any page.

What do I need to do?

14 Nov 2012

There are two mqconditions files, one is for home/account ,the other for profiles. I told you on your own EVO forum, so I'm surprised you ask for this here. ;)

What do I need to do?

14 Nov 2012

Lol, your link is something we've been asking for ourselves. ;)

This one's for the developer - what reason is there for the notification for example for X likes your post, if you want to know more go here - you justgo to member.php and must scroll trough the spy to find exactly the same notification of X likes your post, but where, no clue. The only thing is making this a bit less tedious, and it's the fact that EVO can be found on three pages only, so it's just your lucky guess if the content you look for is at your homepage, your profile or X's profile (member.php is less likely, obviously and in the end you find stuff from homepage at your profile anyway too - though member who has less knowledge of this can still be confused and made disgusted by this after all, just guessing if to go to profile this or that, then scroll for the second time through the old news on the EVO to find his/her stuff thatwas liked or commented...awful!).

How difficult it can be to create real notification link directly to the relevant content -- just like bloody FB has, does, works, rules the world?? ;)

(Not mentioning - again! - that adding a photo via EVO makes it go down to the old news fast WHILE it does NOT show up on the Boonex Photos or Albums at all. I blame 7.1 for not sorting this out by now lol but the fact even sharing links or vids works faulty now without response is making me to wonder...)

Where can I change the structure of some "balloons"?

For example:
Now: ... ( username ) added the link: ... ( the url )
We want: ... ( username ) added a link. ( link is a shortcut to the url )

I looked in the language keys, but there I only find: '_ibdw_evowall_urlmess' => ' added the link: ',

Does someone know?

14 Nov 2012

Any news on standard member's wall posts being non-deletable by the user?

14 Nov 2012

on 7.1 are any of you having issues with the avatar not showing on 1 col and on evowall?

14 Nov 2012

I just completed a fresh install of 7.1.0 and added no modifications. I installed all your modules with new activation keys. A standard user is still unable to delete his/her own post. It's really strange! It's the same login credentials that I sent via PM yesterday. Can you look into it for me please? Many thanks!

15 Nov 2012

Sorry for the delay,

some problem these days but we are back...

If you use Dolphin 7.1, you can try the demo of the modules at this address:

http://bambinisinasce.com

This can help to understand if it's a problem on your site or of the modules. On this demo site you can try EvoWall, 1Col, 3Col, MegaProfile and Photodeluxe.

About the problem of the post, users cant delete their posts, we can reproduce this issue, but if you use the Boonex Timeline, try to remove the timeline block, and then check if you can delete the posts.

We are sorry for this period...we answer always in few hours on the forums.

From tomorrow we'll back at work and we can check the single reports.

We hope you can understand.

Regards

15 Nov 2012

We cannot reproduce this on your site and we do not have Timeline installed - this is a fresh, clean installation of 7.1.0 and EvoWall was the only thing installed with a new activation code yesterday and still the problem of non-deletion of standard members posts was present.

15 Nov 2012

We cannot reproduce this on your site and we do not have Timeline installed - this is a fresh, clean installation of 7.1.0 and EvoWall was the only thing installed with a new activation code yesterday and still the problem of non-deletion of standard members posts was present.

Ok, this means I must check your site because as you say on our demo site this issue is not present.

15 Nov 2012

An earlier post I made that is now lost in the thread is that I am having a major problem with new member registrations showing up on the homepage news feed who have not verified their email which means they are not active accounts. Any fix for this?

16 Nov 2012

OK, I tried it as a completely new user on your demo site... I added a comment and was unable to delete it.

16 Nov 2012

Hi Joe,

try now if you can delete the post when you are logged as a standard member.

Let me know

16 Nov 2012

About the issue under D7.1 when you post a content (Photos, urls, ecc...)

make sure your member are activated, because on D7.1 it's seems there is a bug http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Automated-profile-activation-question.htm

16 Nov 2012

An earlier post I made that is now lost in the thread is that I am having a major problem with new member registrations showing up on the homepage news feed who have not verified their email which means they are not active accounts. Any fix for this?

If you want you can deny the access to the unconfirmed users directly from the EvoWall settings.

16 Nov 2012

Unfortunately that doesn't work - the 'delete post' window pops up and the confirm button does nothing. The wheel in the background continues to spin and the content is not removed. "Deny access to the unconfirmed profiles:" in our EvoWall settings is unchecked.

16 Nov 2012

Unfortunately that doesn't work - the 'delete post' window pops up and the confirm button does nothing. The wheel in the background continues to spin and the content is not removed. "Deny access to the unconfirmed profiles:" in our EvoWall settings is unchecked.

Overwrite the file I've sent via email

16 Nov 2012

There are two mqconditions files, one is for home/account ,the other for profiles. I told you on your own EVO forum, so I'm surprised you ask for this here. ;)

What do I need to do?

There are 2 filter for the post, one for the account and the home page, one for the profile page.

This feature has been introduced in order to get more flexibility for the results (now you can have different type of results)

16 Nov 2012

on 7.1 are any of you having issues with the avatar not showing on 1 col and on evowall?

Hello,

no other reports for this type of issue, have you checked if you have js errors?

16 Nov 2012

This worked perfectly, thanks a lot! I guess you will update the Market post for this module for everyone else. I can confirm posts are now deletable. Great work as usual!

16 Nov 2012

This worked perfectly, thanks a lot! I guess you will update the Market post for this module for everyone else. I can confirm posts are now deletable. Great work as usual!

We have released the update for EvoWall (1.2.2).

If you have already installed the version 1.2.1 you can only overwrite the file called eleminazione.php

16 Nov 2012

Have you been working on a solution for when users "like" posts etc, to link directly to them?

Thanks

16 Nov 2012
16 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.