[L[Forums Index]]

How do I get rid of the [L and the closing ].....it looks bad like that, sloppy

Quote · 19 Jun 2008

You have to login in as admin, then when you go to the forums, you will see a link that says Compile Languages: EN

Click on the EN link and you are done.

cheers

Quote · 19 Jun 2008

You have to login in as admin, then when you go to the forums, you will see a link that says Compile Languages: EN

cheers

great and effective! Thanks! 

Quote · 19 Jun 2008

This answers one of my questions. Thanks!  Cool

Quote · 23 Jun 2008

What happens when you recompile and that doesn't work? the brackets show up on the Forums Post on the Home page? How do I get rid of that one?

Dolaugh

Quote · 25 Jun 2008

When I click on Compile Languages: EN I get a popup box that says

"  [L[Language files compilation have been failed]] " and still have the problem

Quote · 7 Jul 2008

"  [L[Language files compilation have been failed]] " and still have the problem

if it says failed, just keep doing it, what browser are you using as well. this could make a difference. i was told one time previously that they just kept clicking it and finally it said success. so give that a whirl. otherwise depending on how old your site is, i would think about a fresh install, if you were like me, i was messing with all kinds of stuff trying to get that to go away and ended up trashing my orca, you could also try to drop that directory and then reupload it, and see if that gives you any gratifications.

later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 7 Jul 2008

Worked Great for me. Thanks!

Quote · 10 Jul 2008

I am also getting the errors but only with the Groups Forums!

I have recompiled in the General forums and it solved the issue there!  But not sure what to do next for the Groups forum

Quote · 10 Jul 2008

Just complie the same way from www.yoursite.com/groups/orca

From the land DownUnder
Quote · 10 Jul 2008

Just complie the same way from www.yoursite.com/groups/orca

Yep!  That worked great! But how did I miss that? Embarassed

Cheers

Mickey

Quote · 2 Aug 2008

I'm still having this problem. any ideas? I tried everything.

UPDATE: I have sovled the problem. It was due to the folders permissions.

Quote · 5 Jun 2009

Hi there!

I'm not sure if it's the correct place to post this, so sorry if not.

I compiled a new language for my Orca Forum and everything seems to work ok. However each time I enter my site the language changes automatically to the default one, "English", and I have to go every day to the admin panel and compile the "Spanish" language so that my forum works in Spanish and not in English.

My question is: Do I have to compile the language I want every day in order this works? or How can I do?

I want to use only "Spanish".

Thanks!!!

Quote · 6 Jun 2009

I'm still having this problem. any ideas? I tried everything.

UPDATE: I have sovled the problem. It was due to the folders permissions.

Can someone please advise which folders need permissions changed and to what?  Same problems but cannot seem to find correct permissions.  thnk

Quote · 30 Jul 2009

Thank you very much .. It really helpfuls and save my lot of time. Thank you again.

cheers

Quote · 19 Aug 2009

I cant seem to find this link any longer on my site, and the forums doing just that... any ideas? I tried to uninstall orca forums and it wont let me

Quote · 5 Mar 2011

I cant seem to find this link any longer on my site, and the forums doing just that... any ideas? I tried to uninstall orca forums and it wont let me

When you go to the Orca forums add this to the end of the URL

?action=goto&manage_forum=1

For some reason ever since 7.04 the ability to compile my forums went away.  This will get you there.

Quote · 5 Mar 2011

awsome it worked thank you so much, I just saved it as bookmark too just in case lol

Quote · 5 Mar 2011

I am suspecting your seeing this.

3-5-2011 6-20-03 AM.png

When what you should be seeing is this if your logged in as admin.

3-5-2011 6-19-12 AM.png

So going directly to that link is just a hack. The forums are still broken and should be fixed before you try to upgrade dolphin again.

So far the only fix i have seen for this problem that works is to uninstall the forums, delete the forum folder and re-upload from the full dolphin zip archive and reinstall the forums.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 5 Mar 2011

I'm not seeing any of that.  I don't see any of those menu options as shown in your screenshots.  Just the basic forum categories.

Quote · 6 Mar 2011

Might be because the thread was started back in 2008? lol

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 6 Mar 2011

Check the dates of the last four posts.

Quote · 6 Mar 2011

I'm not seeing any of that.  I don't see any of those menu options as shown in your screenshots.  Just the basic forum categories.

Well, then yours is really broken. 7.0.4 and up are supposed to look like my second screenshot. Or maybe it was 7.0.3.  Hmmm, hell i can't even remember when the forums were changed.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 6 Mar 2011

deano92964,

You were correct that did work the way you mentioned for some reason, but now I have this error when displaying forum posts on the home page once logged in. It shows for showing forum post area. Any ideas?

forum error

Quote · 8 Mar 2011

this appears to be directly related to your template not being compatible.

deano92964,

You were correct that did work the way you mentioned for some reason, but now I have this error when displaying forum posts on the home page once logged in. It shows for showing forum post area. Any ideas?

forum error

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 8 Mar 2011

I was afraid of that, drats... anyone wanna dig a little for me? lol

Quote · 8 Mar 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.