Article Block Area Homepage

Would anyone happen to know where to change the width or fix this issue with the article/block area display on the homepage being too wide as pictured?

I have reduced the page width's in admin panel from the default 960px to 774px like the previous version. After making several css adjustments and changes to get pages to display and fit right, I just can seem to find this one.

It would appear that the preview length of the article is too much for this 774px display. I've looked all over where to reduce this. I can not find it in admin panel, the database, and /templates/base/scripts/bxbasindex.php refers to

$ret .= '<div class="rss_item_desc">';
$ret .= $sText;

rss_item_desc is in index.css in tmpl_uni but not in base index.css

You can see in the picture all the ddd's are kind of pushing the width too far.

Any ideas? I've been messing with this for way too long I'm about to give up.

Thanks!!

gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 9 Jun 2008

Did you try to insert a space or a line break in the middle of this dddddddddd... line ???

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 9 Jun 2008

Looks like that did the trick. I was just testing this and let the old "d" key run across the screen. I know it's pretty unusual that someone would actually do this, but hey you never know. I've seen a few things I would have never thought a member would do, but nothing ever surprises me anymore.

Now if I could just figure out how to disallow other members from editing others articles by:

articles.php?articleID=5&action=editarticle

All I have to do is change the 5 to say 1 or something and they get the tinymce editor. I doesn't appear that any changes another member might make to it will save, but I'd rather they not even get to the tinymce editor to even attempt to edit another members article.

gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 9 Jun 2008

That will not help you a lot as this is just a supposition... but there is maybe some function to check the length of words, lost somewhere in the script... maybe in inc/utils.inc.php ???

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 9 Jun 2008

game,

actually thats not unusual that somebody would string that long. this should be somewhere so that it wraps when it reaches the end of its allocated space. that is what i would think anyhow. i will try to find something on this as well. as that would annoy me to no end.

good luck,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 9 Jun 2008

@ DosDawg

I already found such long letters strings in some media title :-)

I think that the problem can be solved with some CSS adjustement (to hide the end of the string under another element) but I'm not a champion in this language :-))

Quote · 9 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.