Biz2: Free Dolphin 7.2.1 Template

Attached is a free Template for Dolphin 7.2.1

Unzip, and upload the 'templates' and 'modules' folders to your site's root.  Don't worry if you see a warning about the modules folder already existing.... nothing is going to get overwritten.

Switch to the template in admin, via the template switcher on the bottom menu, or by adding ?skin=biz2 to your site's url.

This is basically a beta version and there may be a few bugs that I haven't caught.... just post here if you see anything weird. This is only a support topic.  It is not a 'how do I change this, or how do I change that' forum. If you want to change something about this template, you are free to do so... just don't be a big pain in the ass by asking a ton of questions.  You are free to change this.  You are free to use it any way you want to.  You are free to not use it at all, and you are free to stfu if you don't like it.  You are free to go buy a template that you like better.

Sorry... no demo. I have it installed on one of my sites, but I'm not disclosing the url to all you whackos.  If you want to see how it looks, just upload it to your site..... OR Newt will be along shortly to download this template and show you a demo.

biz2.png · 541K · 2160 views
Biz2_V1.0.4.zip · 1M · 999 downloads
My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
20 Oct 2015

UPDATE: 1.0.4

• Various fixes and improvements

Template now supports Igor_L's PlayThru captcha integration https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/How-to-integrate-PlayThru-captcha.htm

To use PlayThru, follow instructions given in Igor_L's topic..DO NOT replace the BxTemplCaptchaReCAPTCHA.php  file included in this template

1. run this query:

INSERT INTO `sys_options` SET `Name` = 'sys_playthru_use_playthru', `kateg` = '14', `desc` = '<bx_text:_usePlaythru />', `type` = 'checkbox', `order_in_kateg` = '81';

2. Add this language key:

Key Name: _usePlaythru

String for English language: Use PlayThru Captcha in templates that support it

3, Enter Playthru captcha settings in admin (advanced settings > security)

If you do not want to use Igor's PlayThru captcha integration, skip steps 1 and 2 above... regular captcha will be used

To update from previous versions of this template, upload all files, overwriting all existing files.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
20 Oct 2015

Reserved for future use

20 Oct 2015

Mailbox error: when writing to another member, comes a popup "Please enter the recipient's nickname"

20 Oct 2015

Mailbox error: when writing to another member, comes a popup "Please enter the recipient's nickname"

So..... enter the recipient's nickname.

20 Oct 2015

I took a copy of the mail_box_compose_message.html from the base and moved it into biz2 so it works now

So..... enter the recipient's nickname.

20 Oct 2015

Reserved for future use

pollsHome.png · 50.6K · 404 views
20 Oct 2015

I took a copy of the mail_box_compose_message.html from the base and moved it into biz2 so it works now

Just delete that file from this template and it will then use the one in the base folder.  I put that file in with this template because I intended to make a few changes, but didn't... so it's OK to remove it.  Anybody with this issue should do this as well.

Download has been updated.

Unmodified html files have been removed. With any luck, I didn't break anything.

20 Oct 2015

Thanks!  Looks clean.  Was it intentional to leave off the profile photo and just have the cover photo on the profile page? 

21 Oct 2015

UNI or EVO  ?  thanks.

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
21 Oct 2015

UNI or EVO  ?  thanks.

EVO

21 Oct 2015

Thanks!  Looks clean.  Was it intentional to leave off the profile photo and just have the cover photo on the profile page? 

The profile photo on top of the cover photo was removed, because there's a profile photo block next to it, The redundant sub menu was removed also.  Too much unnecessary clutter in my opinion.  I designed this template for business/professional sites, and wanted a clean, simple look.  The only thing over the cover photo is the member's name an status message. Your own profile also has the 'Change cover' link in the lower right corner.

This is what the profile page looks like

profile.png · 362.1K · 1842 views
21 Oct 2015

OR Newt will be along shortly to download this template and show you a demo.

LMAO, he knows me too well.

Demo of this great template with the polls mod done. (Which looks fantastic!)

http://somepollquestions.com/

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
21 Oct 2015

I think you should rename that site to weonlyhavepollswithyesornoanswers.com

21 Oct 2015

Hi Houstonlively

Great work - I love it, especially the navigation Smile

However for my own preference I have added an image background
but I have a couple of things I would like to change if you can help me.

(1) How to make this area transparent as in the pic?
(2) How can I move the bottom menu up a bit more?

Many thanks

Capture.JPG · 17.1K · 382 views
21 Oct 2015

It's really a very good job, the colors are harmonious, and I really like the menu system. For cons, I understand your point of view when the maximum simplification of the model, but with "evo" to avoid redundancy because you are talking with, I simply removed the block of the profile photo, leaving only one included in coverage.
So yes if I decide to use your model only, I only have to return the profile photo block and all is well, but if I want to leave the choice to members between evo your template and, in one case, there will be redundancy profile picture, in the other there will not.
It is a shame to this point. Otherwise again it's really pleasing to the eye, thank you for your work.

The profile photo on top of the cover photo was removed, because there's a profile photo block next to it, The redundant sub menu was removed also.  Too much unnecessary clutter in my opinion.  I designed this template for business/professional sites, and wanted a clean, simple look.  The only thing over the cover photo is the member's name an status message. Your own profile also has the 'Change cover' link in the lower right corner.

Baloo
21 Oct 2015

Thank you so much for this template 

21 Oct 2015

Looks cool 

Umar Haroon
21 Oct 2015

Discovered some problem till now

1. Share button in submenu do not work

2. If status message of a person is too long then it breaks layout in HOME, PROFILE and ACCOUNT

I will Let you know if I find any more!

Screenshot (36).png · 212K · 366 views
Screenshot (37).png · 234.6K · 353 views
Screenshot (38).png · 151.9K · 364 views
21 Oct 2015

Discovered some problem till now

2. If status message of a person is too long then it breaks layout in HOME, PROFILE and ACCOUNT

I will Let you know if I find any more!

Thank you for the report. I will check it out.

UPDATE:

Edit common.css of this template, at or around line 177.  Make it look like this:

.thumb_username {
    float: left;
    width: 118px;
    padding: 5px 0px 0px 10px;
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
    overflow: hidden;
}

21 Oct 2015

For anyone that wants to change colors:

1. Install Firebug in the Firefox browser
  2. Turn of all caching on your site
  3. Inspect the element that you want to change
  4. Firebug will tell you the files and line numbers of the relevant CSS
  5. Make any changes you want.  You can see what it will look like in the browser before making the changes permanent. If you don't know how to use Firebug, learn. There are plenty of video tutorials on Youtube.
21 Oct 2015

I can not reproduce that problem. Does it work with your EVO template?

21 Oct 2015

RE:

For cons, I understand your point of view when the maximum simplification of the model, but with "evo" to avoid redundancy because you are talking with, I simply removed the block of the profile photo, leaving only one included in coverage.

As I said previously, you are free to modify this template anyway you want to. If you want the cover block to look like the EVO template, go ahead an change it.  Start by deleting profile_cover.html and profile_view.css from this template.

Like I said, this template is intended for business/professional sites... not one of those creepy dolphin based dating sites.  

21 Oct 2015

Here is deal. Am useless with css html thing. so as u said i downloaded the firebug. went straight to the outline. viewed source of the Avatar/profile picture, now plz tell me how to kill these bloody pictures from appearing in outline Tongue Out. will it be done in css or html? and what should i put there. Undecided display none ???

What does pictures in the outline have to do with this template? Are the pictures not there for every template?

21 Oct 2015

OK Folks, I'm only going to say this one more time. You are free to customize this template any way you like. This template is provided as-is. It DOES NOT include me customizing it to suit your own personal preferences. If there is a bug somewhere, I will do my best to fix it, but I'm not going to sit here and customize your entire fucking site, under the guise of "A change to this template".  If you don't like something about the design, change it yourself.  If you don't know how to change it, either learn how to do it, or hire someone that knows how.... it isn't going to be me.  Better yet, go use some other template that makes you happy. 

21 Oct 2015

It is working fine with EVO template. Not working with biz2 template.

Screenshot (40).png · 872.9K · 369 views
Screenshot (42).png · 220.5K · 339 views
22 Oct 2015

I can not reproduce that problem.

Yes, log out and look at the same page.

biz share online.JPG · 13.4K · 1691 views
biz share offline.JPG · 12.7K · 1654 views
22 Oct 2015

Also this area.. click on the circled image.

http://somepollquestions.com/m/poll/&action=poll_home

click here on biz.JPG · 58.6K · 1645 views
22 Oct 2015

RE:

Also this area.. click on the circled image.

http://somepollquestions.com/?skin=evo

Same problem..... not sure I can take credit for this one.  Problem also exists on http://demo.boonex.com

22 Oct 2015

You may be missing the share_popup.html file

If so, copy it from the evo template.

22 Oct 2015

I can not reproduce that problem.

Yes, log out and look at the same page.

Not a bug, but I see what you're saying. I'm using the base template functionality here, and this is how it behaves by default.  I want to keep those login & join links there, but I'll work on keeping the share link when logged out,

22 Oct 2015

You may be missing the share_popup.html file

If so, copy it from the evo template.

Yes, I copied it and now it is working fine!

22 Oct 2015

Template download has been updated with a few minor fixes and enhancements.  Unzip, upload, overwrite all existing template files

https://www.boonex.com/forums/?action=download&hash=RvXKF5mTWY

22 Oct 2015

Unzip, upload, overwrite all existing template files

Thanks...

22 Oct 2015

Download has been updated to v1.0.3

https://www.boonex.com/forums/?action=download&hash=CMFSEABQ3S

• Sub menu is now displayed on home page, but only for guests. The intent here, is to add pages/links in Page Builder/Navigation Menu Builder, visible for guests only.  I can't tell you what to put here.. think of something.
  • Misc icon changes
  • Facebook Connect button is blue.... just because I knew how to do it
  • misc CSS bugs fixed
  • Member menu colors changed to match the rest of the template
  • Poll result bars in 11 colors
  • Top login/join links removed - links are on sub menu on every page... that's sufficient
24 Oct 2015

Many thanks for this cool Template. well Facebook Connect button is blue, but you can not see the text.

24 Oct 2015

Many thanks for this cool Template. well Facebook Connect button is blue, but you can not see the text.

Show me a screen shot.  I presume you cleared your cache.

24 Oct 2015

NM.... Upload the attached file to /templates/tmpl_biz2

I forgot to include it in the zip file.... dammit  Other download links have been updated.

login_join_auth.html · 330B · 415 downloads
24 Oct 2015

dont know if i figure it wrong.

The baground of the home page is ash color while its black for the other pages.

and no link on cover page rather there is '' '' to represent them can i call it a bug?

24 Oct 2015

Clean layout HL. Always nice to see your contributions to the community as well as from others. 

Now let me get the changes I need made to this template and I'll forward them onto you when the list is ready

;-) Just kidding! Thanks again.

Jeremy
24 Oct 2015

The baground of the home page is ash color while its black for the other pages.

If you were attempting to spell "background", that's impossible... you'll just have to trust me on this one.

and no link on cover page rather there is '' '' to represent them can i call it a bug?

You can call " " a bug. Those are block quotes that encase the status message, but they should not be displayed when the status message is empty.  As far as the details about the profile cover, I believe I explained that already. 

One out of three isn't bad!

24 Oct 2015

Irrelevant content removed ...HL

25 Oct 2015

Layout Error, Birthday Block

This is for HL's template, from the photo your not even using his template;...and that is not a default module. You need to correct that with the creator.

25 Oct 2015

This is for HL's template, from the photo your not even using his template;...and that is not a default module. You need to correct that with the creator.

How in hell do some of these guys find their way home?

25 Oct 2015

How in hell do some of these guys find their way home?

On bike Tongue Out LOL

25 Oct 2015

ooo sorry I thought biz2 template is made by 

So where to ask this? Who made biz2 template??

26 Oct 2015

ooo sorry I thought biz2 template is made by 

So where to ask this? Who made biz2 template??

What part of: "from the photo your not even using his template;...and that is not a default module. You need to correct that with the creator.", didn't you understand?

You posted a screen shot of some other template.... not this one.  You also posted a screen shot of a third party module that has nothing to do with this template. 

I have better things to do, than deal with your confusion. 

26 Oct 2015

Its biz2 template only, the colors are changed as your's were not good!

Check out here: http://bit.ly/1Rx1RVN

26 Oct 2015

Its biz2 template only, the colors are changed as your's were not good!

Check out here: http://bit.ly/1Rx1RVN

That might be the case..

Still the module or block you point out is not a Boonex module, from the looks of it, it is an old outdated Birthday module that needs css work done. All that fall on the person that created the block/mod.

26 Oct 2015

HL

first of all template looks clean and good.

question: is it possible to show a different type of main menu on tablet or smartphone in your template

similar to sub nav on page?

thanks

26 Oct 2015
26 Oct 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.