CPanel Directory Index Change Gives Error

Site is up and running...no probs with Orca....seemingly no probs with a/v chat.

When I go into my CPanel to add a DIRECTORY INDEX (Dolphin and such lie in a folder inside the root URL) ... after updating and when I click on Forums.... it starts giving me a page listing the file tree for ORCA....ugh.

Delete the Directory Index file from CPanel....it goes back to normal operation.

Then....I tried a re-direct....that was even worse....gave errors to the main Dolphin site... wouldn't open.

So my question to you all is: How do I get my URL www.mysite.com to bring up www.mysite.com/community/index.php?

Thanks again for your input!

~~ L

Quote · 7 Jun 2008

I sent you a message inviting you to have a look in your file inc/header.inc.php... But I'm not sure of that it is that you are looking for...

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 7 Jun 2008

i have read this post for 15 minutes and still cannot determine what you are talking about. what i think you have asked and what you are trying to do, is that you have installed dolphin on root, and now you are looking to point it to what appears to be a subdirectory or subdomain?

my best suggestion would be for you to run the install on that particular subdirectory, to avoid any potential problems with trying to move the site. but then again, you might want to just try to move it to that subdirectory. just creating a directory and doing that index as you call it wont happen.

unless i am just way off base on this. then i will be checking back for further clarifications.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 7 Jun 2008

I sent you a message inviting you to have a look in your file inc/header.inc.php... But I'm not sure of that it is that you are looking for...

Yes...I got you PM...Thanks for the tip. Smile

Quote · 7 Jun 2008

i have read this post for 15 minutes and still cannot determine what you are talking about. what i think you have asked and what you are trying to do, is that you have installed dolphin on root, and now you are looking to point it to what appears to be a subdirectory or subdomain?

my best suggestion would be for you to run the install on that particular subdirectory, to avoid any potential problems with trying to move the site. but then again, you might want to just try to move it to that subdirectory. just creating a directory and doing that index as you call it wont happen.

unless i am just way off base on this. then i will be checking back for further clarifications.

later,

DosDawg

Let me TRY to clarify Wink!

I have installed Dolphin in a FOLDER in the root...I did NOT install in the root (note to self....install in root in future).

www.mysite.com/community/index.php

When you type in www.mysite.com into browser, it does not redirect to the "community" Dolphin Site,

i.e.

www.mysite.com/community/index.php.

I went into CPanel (at my host) to add a Directory Index to let IE, FF, Safari know that they should look for the files in www.mysite.com/community/.

That is when the errors occurred in ORCA...just shows File Tree page.

To workaround this I have created a simple Flash Page that redirects to  the  proper directory, i.e. www.mysite.com/community. (Will create a better one later.)

So...until a bug fix to the code is found....installations in ROOT URL is the only (less problems) way to go.

Any input is always appreciated....

~~ L

Quote · 7 Jun 2008

later,

DosDawg

I have installed Dolphin in a FOLDER in the root...I did NOT install in the root (note to self....install in root in future).

When you type in www.mysite.com into browser, it does not redirect to the "community" Dolphin Site,

i.e.

I went into CPanel (at my host) to add a Directory Index to let IE, FF, Safari know that they should look for the files in www.mysite.com/community/.

To workaround this I have created a simple Flash Page that redirects to  the  proper directory, i.e. www.mysite.com/community. (Will create a better one later.)

So...until a bug fix to the code is found....installations in ROOT URL is the only (less problems) way to go.

~~ L

lrepton,

i think i will test this weekend, with an install on a subdirectory and then see if i can move the entire install from CLI command line and see what that blows up :)

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 10 Jun 2008

How'd it go?

later,

DosDawg

i.e.

~~ L

lrepton,

i think i will test this weekend, with an install on a subdirectory and then see if i can move the entire install from CLI command line and see what that blows up :)

later,

DosDawg

Quote · 10 Jun 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.