Cache and Cache_Public (Site Acting Crazy)

Site acting silly, images disappearing?

Flash Apps not authorizing ?

Well this is what i and others have found out. Those links in your admin for clearing cache, well they dont work (imagine that).

FTP in or use a file manager from your control panel or ssh

FTP -- navigate to the directory cache, in that directory there are several files, one of which is .htaccess BE SURE not to remove the .htaccess file select all *EXCEPT* for the .htaccess file and delete.

File Manager (control panel) -- navigate to the directory cache, select all *EXCEPT FOR THE HTACCESS*, delete, making sure you have not deleted the .htaccess file.

SSH -- well i am not putting this one on here, because if things go awry, i will get blamed, but its doable from SSH.

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 14 Mar 2010

SSH -- well i am not putting this one on here, because if things go awry, i will get blamed, but its doable from SSH.

Regards,

DosDawg

AHHHH  you just dont know how thats all..... SHHH

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 14 Mar 2010

What's the diff between cache and cache public?   I usually go clear them both (except htaccess) with 'Zilla because.. well..  erm.. me-sheep.

I have all the checks off for enabling cache in the ACP, have read that unless site is very busy, it doesn't save much to cache, but then I assumed those files would stop being created.

What are your suggestions for cache management for a site with 50-100 visits per day average? 

For css?  for js? for html?  and images, there is a max image size in kb already set at 5. leave it?

Quote · 25 Mar 2010

I believe cache_public is where the js and css cache files are stored as users have to be able to download those files.

The cache folder is more of an internal thing, lots of user data is stored there to reduce the load on the database. Those files are not public and can be a security issue if accessed (a copy of all the users profile (including the encrypted password) is stored in those files.)

Light man a fire keep him warm for a night, light him ON fire & he will be warm the rest of his life
Quote · 2 Jun 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.