Current UPGRADE is Beta?

Maybe I'm confused but I thought there would be a Beta testing phase and then a release of D 7.1.0; so many are installing and using on there live sites already,

the "upgrade" does not completely work and we are warned of that in the install directions that this is Beta.

The weird look of Unity and the confusing "Getting Started" page..

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 6 Nov 2012

Yea. I am confused also.

It's a big risk updating live sites with this. Yet tons of people are doing it.

Boonex has also changed the main download to the 7.1 beta also. I would have thought things would stay at 7.0.9 until all the major bugs have been worked out.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 6 Nov 2012

ME to. This is going to be a major mistake on their part..

I also see a new RMS server for 7.1 RMS-LINUX-v.7.1.0 yet not a single link to the install directions. I though wait, let me look at the old install directions for the media servers.. I have yet to find it.

The "Help" tab is gone from here now.. 

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

Clearly they don't want to wait any longer for 7.1.  I do know that the beta will be upgraded to final, but this is still unrecommended.  They should stick to 7.0.9 and offer 7.1 as an option with a warning that it's unstable and may explode/eat your hamster.

Right now this site feels like a beta.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 6 Nov 2012

Right now this site feels like a beta.

No kidding. I am running into all kinds of things that are broken.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 6 Nov 2012

d&c

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

anyone got license keys to work when doing a fresh install of 7.1 ??

I am on a remote system at the moment, so I cant debug the output (if any) or if the curl is working to Boonex.

Can anyone verify that a PRIME key will work on 7.1 ?

PixelSofa, Inc. - a fresh view of the web - www.pixelsofa.com
Quote · 6 Nov 2012

I am on a remote system at the moment, so I cant debug the output (if any) or if the curl is working to Boonex.

You won't, as the release is Beta..

When the "final" version is posted here, you will be able to register I would think.

[edit] My site that I upgraded took did not keep my license key..

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

This kind of reminds me of whenever I update the look of Zarconia.  Always forget to recreate a page's template file...

From the looks of it, the old pages are still there, but broken to various amounts.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 6 Nov 2012

Looks like video game time.. I hate the changes here..

[edit] one more thing.. the "A Minute Ago"  "Minute Ago" and "An Hour Ago" "Hours Ago" really SUX!!!

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

Fixed.

[edit] one more thing.. the "A Minute Ago"  "Minute Ago" and "An Hour Ago" "Hours Ago" really SUX!!!

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 6 Nov 2012

I can't create new forum topics...... 

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

I can not either. so it is just not you.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 6 Nov 2012

I can not either. so it is just not you.

I can here.. http://www.webcamhowto.com/forum/#topic/Testing-new-topic-post-for-7-1.htm

this site was updated using the patch.

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

Fixed.

Cool

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

I feel they made it very clear that this is beta, but still preferred over 7.0.9. In my opinion, a fresh install of 7.1.0 is still less buggy and more desirable than 7.0.9.

Honestly, I would not trust an place upgrade, ever. It leaves far too much out of your control and will most definitely yield undesirable results.

I'm in the process of a fresh 7.1.0 install & manually importing my database tables into it. So far so good, but this process definitely isn't for everyone. The biggest problems I've run into so far are with my custom template, but now that they've provided some documentation this should get better.

Also, if I remember correctly, they wont update the 'upgrade to 7.0.9' until this release is out of beta. 

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

Additional note - my permanent license registers and sticks. I haven't had it drop out on me yet. 

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

I feel they made it very clear that this is beta, but still preferred over 7.0.9. In my opinion, a fresh install of 7.1.0 is still less buggy and more desirable than 7.0.9.

Honestly, I would not trust an place upgrade, ever. It leaves far too much out of your control and will most definitely yield undesirable results.

I'm in the process of a fresh 7.1.0 install & manually importing my database tables into it. So far so good, but this process definitely isn't for everyone. The biggest problems I've run into so far are with my custom template, but now that they've provided some documentation this should get better.

Also, if I remember correctly, they wont update the 'upgrade to 7.0.9' until this release is out of beta. 

FowlNation?

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

License works fine on fresh install. 

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

I couldnt at first either on boonex.com

cleared browser cache and then it works fine.

Quote · 6 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.