D7 Albums: Automatically scroll to new photo

When viewing albums in D7, loading the next or previous photo always reloads the page.  The user then has to scroll down the page to view the next photo.   I don't know about anybody else, but I find viewing D7 albums quite annoying.

This light weight jquery plugin, will allow you to automatically scroll the page to the top of the new photo after a page load.  You still have the clumsy non-ajax content loading, but at least you don't have to manually scroll the page every time you look at a new photo.

Step 1. Make backup copies of all the files.

Step 2. Download and decompress this file on your computer: http://plugins.jquery.com/files/jquery.scrollTo-1.4.2.zip

Step 3. Upload jquery.scrollTo-min.js to your Dolphin site's plugins/jquery  folder

Step 4. Open inc/params.inc.php and find the following code, and add the line shown in red, then save to your server:

//--- Add default JS ---//
$oSysTemplate->addJs(array(
'jquery.js',
'jquery.jfeed.js',
'jquery.dimensions.js',
'functions.js',
'jquery.dolTopMenu.js',
'jquery.dolRSSFeed.js',
'jquery.float_info.js',
'jquery.webForms.js',
'jquery.dolPopup.js',
'jquery.scrollTo-min.js',
'common_anim.js',
'login.js',
'ie7_flash_fix.js',
'BxDolVoting.js',
));

Step 5.  Open the file: modules/boonex/photos/templates/base/view_unit.html

Change the first line from:

<div class="fileUnit">

TO:

<div class="fileUnit" id="scrollTo001">

Add the following lines of code to the very end of the same file, then save the file to your server:

<script type="text/.scrollTo( '#scrollTo001' );
</script>

When viewing album photos, the view photo page should now automatically scroll to the photo.... unless you screwed something up, that is.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 9 Aug 2010

Well.... this piece of shit forum won't let me post the final bit of javascript code, so the above post is basically useless. Will somebody from Boonex fix this shit already??? I've been complaining about it for 4 months now. What's it going to take?

Anyway, go view the sample album on my site, and you'll see what this would do for you.... had I been able to post the code in it's entirety, that is.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 9 Aug 2010

<script type="text/.scrollTo( '#scrollTo001' );
</script>

Quote · 11 Aug 2010

i would say now you can just write it in a text document and upload it to the forums...

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 11 Aug 2010

i would say now you can just write it in a text document and upload it to the forums...

I owe you a slice of rum cake for that.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 11 Aug 2010

I'd rather they just fixed it.  Why have a code wrapper that doesn't work?

Quote · 11 Aug 2010

Waoo houstonlively!

you read my mind man and agreed with you

when you click next to see the next photo, video and sounds the hole page realod and you have to scroll down the page to see the photo everytime you click next

this need to be fix I hope some one can add this like a ticket so they can get it fix because this is to much and annoying

Post Reply - if you going to help - No for - bla bla bla bla
Quote · 12 Aug 2010

<script type="text/javascript">
$('body').scrollTo( '#scrollTo001' );
</script>

This is the last part of code.  I finally got it to post correctly.  Add these lines of code to the end of the file as instructed in the very first post of this thread, and save to your server.  Clear the cache files on your server, and clear your browser. 

After this change is applied, the page will automatically scroll so that the top of the next picture is aligned with the top of your browser window. Nowhere near as smooth as an ajax content load, but might be less annoying than having to manually scroll to view every single photo.

Quote · 12 Aug 2010

I like your idea

but will be much better to click next to see the next photo with out reloading the hol e page scrolling to the top

this need to be fix by boonex developers to see the nex photo, video and audio with out reloading and scrolling up

Quote · 12 Aug 2010

That's not going to happen any time soon.... if ever.

Quote · 12 Aug 2010

Can you open a ticket for this I can't

Thank's

That's not going to happen any time soon.... if ever.

Quote · 12 Aug 2010

Very good :-))

Thanks Houston ;-)

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
Quote · 12 Aug 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.