Error in privacy setttings

I understand NOTHING of this item. I create a privacy group, extends "none" and default "me only".

Nevertheless, any member can post a comment in a group I created, become member, etc.

So what's the purpose of this privacy settings ?

What does "extends" mean ?

It seems I can't change the pricacy settings of that group anymore afterwards or isn't that necessary ?

Quote · 10 Jan 2010

This isn't a bug post this is a post that belongs in dolphin 7 forum.  Please don't spam this forum with misunderstandings, its for confirmed bugs not help.

Quote · 10 Jan 2010

Sorry, but if something doesn't work properly, it is a bug to me.

Quote · 10 Jan 2010

Then post a bug, you posted a "how does this work, I can't figure it out" thread.  You'll get more responses and explanation in teh dolphin 7.

Quote · 10 Jan 2010

OK, this is the bug :

I create a privacy group, extends "none" and default "me only".

Nevertheless, any member can post a comment in a group I created, become member, etc.

Quote · 10 Jan 2010

That's a bug :)

Try to create a group and use the default me only privacy setteing and see if the same thing happens with comments.

I created Ticket 1698 because I can verify that the comment privacy restrictions on sites doesn't work.  If you confirm that private groups doesn't work I'll add to the ticket

Quote · 10 Jan 2010

I think I found the problem.

I created just 1 test profile and was using the admin profile as the second member. That's why the privacy settings were overruled (I guess).

I created a third profile now to see what happens and the ability to add comments, join the group, rate, etc. don't appear on the groups page anymore.

So I guess it is correct. Not sure yet, but at this moment it looks ok.

Quote · 10 Jan 2010

P.S. I created a group with privacy ME ONLY everywhere. So I haven't tried out the other privacy settings yet (friends, fans, public, etc.).

Quote · 10 Jan 2010
 tinymce editor has taken a hike on this one. and my formatting is all to heck, so sorry on that one annabel. Regards, DosDawg
When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 10 Jan 2010

No problem DosDawg, I guess I have to create more test profiles to check out everything.

And of course not use admin panel and the website on the same computer. My website automatically opens the admin profile when I run admin panel at the same time. So I always have to close the admin panel to test changed settings. Annoying ...

Quote · 10 Jan 2010

OK, this is the bug :

I create a privacy group, extends "none" and default "me only".

It's impossible to understand what you are trying to say here.  You are talking about two entirely different things.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 10 Jan 2010

Agreed. Maybe it would be better to open a discussion in the D7 forum first to see if someone can help you resolve it or at least define the actual bug before posting it here.

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 11 Jan 2010

Hi Houstonlively !

No, it were not 2 different things I was talking about. But I already mentioned that the problem was caused due to the fact that I was using the admin profile to test it. And because of this admin profile the privacy settings of the test profile I created were probably overruled.

Thus, I created a second test profile and the privacy settings seem to work fine.

Besides that, when you are testing you can't use the website and the admin panel on your computer at the same time, because the admin profile is automatically logged in on your website. Unless you log out every time you change screen. And  this is annoying and time-consuming. Hope you understand my explanation.

It took me a while to find this out so that's why I thought there was a bug in the privacy settings. But obviously there isn't ...

Quote · 11 Jan 2010

This thread can be deleted but I can't do it.

Quote · 11 Jan 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.