GoDaddy as of March 2011?

How is the GoDaddy Dolphin installation process as of March 2011?  My servers went down (was their fault) and now my email made with them is down for the third time so I need to change.  I've already got my domains with GoDaddy, I just think this would simplify everything.  Not to mention their servers are slow as heck!

BTW exact installation instructions with GoDaddy would be absolutely awesome as I am still a newbie.

Answer my questions and you get love!
Quote · 24 Mar 2011
Avoid godaddy, I'd recommend hosforweb
Custom Dolphin Development and Support, Professional Mods | http://www.boonex.com/unity/Adminmysite
Quote · 24 Mar 2011

That's who I'm using X_X

Answer my questions and you get love!
Quote · 24 Mar 2011

Installing Dolphin on a GoDaddy dedicated (virtual) server is pretty hard, because they normally

use a PHP version that is too low for Dolphin. So first thing you have to do

is to install PHP 5.2.x . If you choose CentOS for your server you may get it

by using the testing repository for yum. Afterwards everything is pretty easy

if you use an administration software for your dedicated (virtual) server.

On their shared hosting accounts I haven't tried it yet.

I switched from Godaddy to Mediatemple, they are not as cheap as Godaddy,

but the performance is much better you may scale fast, easy and without migration.

You also get PHP 5.3.x without doing anything.

That's my two cents.

Quote · 24 Mar 2011

thats ok hostforweb just droped a 40 gig website on me.  said they deleted a wrong user account and there is nothing they can do to get it back. 

Also would not host on godaddy if you paid the server bill.

Would much rather use terabyte-hosting thank you very much.

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 24 Mar 2011

The image that Godaddy uses for their virtual dedicated servers is really old. The first thing to do is update as soon as you get one but after that.. they are pretty solid.

Happiness is a warm gun.
Quote · 26 Apr 2011

I my dolphin site runing with godaddy on share hosting and is runing beautiful and my site been runing with out problem in godaddy I don't know how dolphin is going to be runing on VS or DS and I don't care right now maybe later I will be switching to DS

but godaddy is the  #1 hosting company right now and im happy runing dolphi n with godaddy with out problems

Post Reply - if you going to help - No for - bla bla bla bla
Quote · 26 Apr 2011

Avoid godaddy, I'd recommend hosforweb

I second the notion for hostforweb. I am running two sites with them and had minimum issues and they are fast with service tickets if needed.

Quote · 26 Apr 2011

My dolphin 7 site is also running on godaddy "unlimited" hosting plan.  The only complaint I have is for a few weeks, I had trouble connecting to my admin panel.  It would give me an intrenal server error, but all the other pages worked fine.  Recently this problem has been resolved.  Today I did compression on my site which is kind of a pain for godaddy.  You have to add a line of code to each individual page, but once it's done it's done.  My site is running fast and without errors now.

Overall I would recommend godaddy hosting.  It's affordable and reliable

Outdoor Community
Quote · 27 Apr 2011

My dolphin 7 site is also running on godaddy "unlimited" hosting plan.  The only complaint I have is for a few weeks, I had trouble connecting to my admin panel.  It would give me an intrenal server error, but all the other pages worked fine.  Recently this problem has been resolved.  Today I did compression on my site which is kind of a pain for godaddy.  You have to add a line of code to each individual page, but once it's done it's done.  My site is running fast and without errors now.

Overall I would recommend godaddy hosting.  It's affordable and reliable

Is this a line that other dolphin users can benefit from for speed

Quote · 27 Apr 2011

Is this a line that other dolphin users can benefit from for speed

Compression helps with speed yes.  I'm not sure if the line of code that Godaddy has me use would work on any dolphin site.  There are different ways to do compression based on who you have your hosting through.  If you want to try the code they gave me it's:

<?php if (substr_count($_SERVER['HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING'], 'gzip')) ob_start("ob_gzhandler"); else ob_start(); ?>

Put that in the first line for every page of your site.  If that doesn't work here is a good tutorial on the subject:

http://www.dialme.com/m/articles/view/Speed-Up-Dolphin-7

Outdoor Community
Quote · 28 Apr 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.