Help, i forgot how to install "D" on local host..

I just dowloaded the latest version of Dolphin, but i forgot how to host it on my pc using Xampp and i am unable to find the guide i have been using in the past, can anyone please post me a link with the step by step guide?

I found other ones online, but they are all using something different, either not Dolphin or not Xampp.

Thanks!

Quote · 29 Apr 2016

You would do it the same as if installing to a remote server.  Create the database, copy the files to the proper location on XAMPP; then run the installation script.  Also, you can read the manual for XAMPP that explains how to install applications.  I don't use XAMPP but I do use AMPPS and you log into the main control panel where you can add a domain name, database, use FTP, etc.  It works just like doing a remote install.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 29 Apr 2016

Download the PDF's from the first post in this thread:

https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Installing-Dolphin-on-Your-Home-or-Office-PC.htm

It's all there. In my opinion Uniserver is much easier to use, but before the clowns put on their makeup and start performing, it's MY opinion.

If you wish to continue with XAmp, just read the Installing Dolphin PDF. 

Quote · 29 Apr 2016

but before the clowns put on their makeup and start performing, it's MY opinion.

I will have to remember this statement the next time you post asking for help; insulting members on the forum does not endear you to the community.

Quote · 29 Apr 2016

but before the clowns put on their makeup and start performing, it's MY opinion.

haha, your the one wearing the clown makeup mister Demmy.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 30 Apr 2016

I runned into some major issues, so i reverted from Vista to XP, also using an old version of Dolphin (7.1) and Xampp(1.7.4) for the same reason, much less error's messages, but i am still having some troubles.

Path Check:

"Site Url" and "Directory Root" are always ok and written in green with standard slash (/), "GD Library" is ok too,

however, for everything else, it's unable to find the correct paths, as they would be located on a local server instead of a web server, will i have to use backlash (\) instead of slash (/) ??

I also downloaded ImageMagik, but to which "Bin" folder i should install it? Maybe the one inside Apache???

And for "Php", should i insert the location of the Php.ini or Php.exe?? It only said "Php" here and i couldn't remember which one it was...

Sorry for the many questions but i am stuck

Quote · 30 Apr 2016

runned into some major issues, so i reverted from Vista to XP

What issues?

As GG stated that a simple XAMPP install would allow you to install a copy localhost for testing.

Quote · 30 Apr 2016

Hi Newton27,

so nice to see you are still here, you and Deano helped me so much in the past, thanks! :)

The major issues with Vista are now only a nightmarish memory, i reverted to XP and it's much better, but i am still having some installation problems as i listed up here :(

The screen i get now, on "Database", said  "MySQL error: access denied for user....using password:YES", but i inserted the correct password and username for the user i just created, with access granted to ALL databases, i think it's maybe something to do with the paths i mentioned before??

Now i can't even get access to PhpMyAdmin anymore, it says there are errors and cannot access it....

Quote · 30 Apr 2016

you and Deano helped me so much in the past, thanks! :)

PM me please.

Quote · 30 Apr 2016

I did try to PM, but it's not allowing me to do it....something changed on the forum?

Quote · 30 Apr 2016

I did try to PM, but it's not allowing me to do it....something changed on the forum?

Oh yes, I forgot about that.

Can you fill out the contact me form at the bottom of my site so I can communicate with you?

http://www.boonexsupport.com/

Quote · 30 Apr 2016

If anyone can help me with the installation's problems i have mentioned up there, it will receive my unreserved gratitude for it....still stuck   :(

Quote · 30 Apr 2016

Apart from what you can read here on the public forum, i haven't got any other kind of help....any suggestions?

Quote · 30 Apr 2016

Alright, i think i will delete Xampp and try this Uniformserver suggested on the Demmy's guide.

This is something completely new to me, in the past i only tried Xampp, Wampp, Ampp,...and the only one that i managed to run properly was the one i am using.

I will keep you update on the results.

1st Update:

Something it's telling me that maybe i should just give up

UniformServer.JPG · 64.3K · 246 views
Quote · 30 Apr 2016

Ok i finally found somewhere where i could download it...

Cannot run Apache "Apache failed to start" :(

I did try to change port, but it's still having the same problem, when Googling up for a fix, almost all results points down to the UniformServer website....which is down.

Quote · 30 Apr 2016

Anyone that knows someone familiar with these sort of technical's problems?

Quote · 30 Apr 2016

Go to windows 7 or 8 and run IIS...   problem solved. 

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 30 Apr 2016

i do not know why you are having such a hard time - installing xampp and then installing dolphin should take less than 5 minutes. Maybe you missed a step somewhere.

Anyone that knows someone familiar with these sort of technical's problems?

caredesign.net
Quote · 30 Apr 2016

If you install AMPPS; http://www.ampps.com/ then I could easily walk you through it; I just don't want to install a different stack.  I have installed AMPPS on both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 without any problems.  Then you log into the main page where you can add a database.  You can add a domain name that can be used locally; say dolphin73.com which is added to the hosts file

dolphin73.com 127.0.0.1

so you can use a domain name locally.  You can even set up ftp and just ftp into your local web server, upload the dolphin files as if  you were uploading to a remote server.  Then just point your web browser to dolphin73.com and see the installation page of Dolphin.  The ftp will even chroot the user for that website to the directory you tell AMPPS to use.for your website.

easy peasy.

Quote · 30 Apr 2016

If you use AMPPS then it will not take more than 5 minutes if your Internet Connection is fast enough to download it fast!

1. Download AMPPS from here http://ampps.com/download , Install it.

2. Access it at http://localhost/ampps/ , Select Social Networking from left tab > then Select Dolphin > Install it.

3. Finish. Enjoy!

Quote · 30 Apr 2016

does ampps have the lates version of Dolphin? I have never used anything other than a CentOs server - or Xampp.

caredesign.net
Quote · 30 Apr 2016

Can i suggest getting a shared hosting for your development needs instead of a localhost setup? OR if you have to setup a localhost then please move to windows 7 at least, A LOT of the apps these days do not even support XP anymore, its 2016 :|

so much to do....
Quote · 30 Apr 2016

Yes, AMPPS does ship with softaculous but I was not saying to use it to install Dolphin as that teaches you nothing.

Quote · 30 Apr 2016

I saw that IIS option while installing/disinstalling OS, as i wasn't sure of what it is, i left it unticked, thanks for the suggestion, i am going to find it back and put a tick on it's box.

Go to windows 7 or 8 and run IIS...   problem solved. 

I think somebody here on the forum, just disabled my rights to post new messages, but i can still edit this one somehow, so if you don't see my messages anymore, you know why, thanks Boonex, that's great.....

"Access denied. You must have advanced status at least to access this area or you are not logged in."

Quote · 1 May 2016

I think somebody here on the forum, just disabled my rights to post new messages, but i can still edit this one somehow, so if you don't see my messages anymore, you know why, thanks Boonex, that's great.....

No, no one disabled you or you could not have edit the message.  There may be a limit on the number of posts that a starter member can post within a given period; I don't know, it is just a guess.

Quote · 1 May 2016

does ampps have the lates version of Dolphin? I have never used anything other than a CentOs server - or Xampp.

2016-05-01.png · 448.3K · 414 views
Quote · 1 May 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.