How to add a new language in trident ?

Should we create a new module from English?

Baloo
Quote · 1 Aug 2016

I would think so, there are only two language modules right now.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 1 Aug 2016

So it's fine to announce a Rc, but it is useless. I can not still wait until someone decides to make a module for French. Why n-BoonEx has he not integrated the ability to create a new language as in the pro version?

If I take the English module and I replace all instances of "en" with "fr" etc., does it will work?

Baloo
Quote · 2 Aug 2016

If I take the English module and I replace all instances of "en" with "fr" etc., does it will work?

I wouldn't think so.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 2 Aug 2016
If it works, I left the Russian module.

I replaced all instances ru -> en, Russian -> French, russian -> french.et replaced in .png template / images /

So I have a new French module that seems to work perfectly.

2016-08-03_22-40-48.jpg · 36.7K · 521 views
2016-08-03_22-39-38.jpg · 41.6K · 556 views
2016-08-03_22-41-49.jpg · 43.6K · 540 views
2016-08-03_22-43-00.jpg · 13.5K · 563 views
Baloo
Quote · 3 Aug 2016

Can you write a detailed instructions for the newbie please?

Quote · 4 Aug 2016

Hello, I want to give more details, but I would like someone from BoonEx confirms that this is the right way to be sure not to mislead anyone.

Baloo
Quote · 5 Aug 2016

@baloo is right.

The proper and easier way to create new language file is by cloning Russian language module. It has all needed files you need to make changes in. 

Actual translation have to be made in modules/boonex/russian/data/langs/ folder.

For the translation you can use appropriate english versions of the files, just rename then according to the Russian language modules example.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 6 Aug 2016

Ok, thank you Alex, but if I may, you should start doing some "howt to" if you want people interested in trident, on issues like this, because there we swim a bit in the unknown ....

I do not understand the Site Module for example ....

Baloo
Quote · 6 Aug 2016

This key is empty in English:

"_MEMBERSHIP_UPGRADE_FROM_STANDARD"

Anyone can give me its value?

Baloo
Quote · 6 Aug 2016

Idem

"_bx_persons_menu_item_title_more_actions"

Baloo
Quote · 7 Aug 2016

I think these two language keys are set to empty string intentionally.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 17 Aug 2016

Alex, Using this method, I first install one or the other, but not both, because I have this message error.

" A module with similar unique parameters is already installed. "

So I have to change something but what?

@baloo is right.

The proper and easier way to create new language file is by cloning Russian language module. It has all needed files you need to make changes in. 

Actual translation have to be made in modules/boonex/russian/data/langs/ folder.

For the translation you can use appropriate english versions of the files, just rename then according to the Russian language modules example.

Baloo
Quote · 2 Oct 2016

https://github.com/unaio/una/wiki/Creating-new-language-module 

Alex, Using this method, I first install one or the other, but not both, because I have this message error.

" A module with similar unique parameters is already installed. "

So I have to change something but what?

Quote · 4 Oct 2016

Thank you for these clear and precise information

Baloo
Quote · 4 Oct 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.