Make forum directory always opened

Hi,

How to make the yellow directories are always open ? There are all closed and it seems there is no topics inside !

Tkanks for your help !

Quote · 2 Jun 2008

they are closed until they are clicked on. but i think you can change that, i will do some digging and see what needs to be done. insomuch as i dont think you even need that icon so the folder wouldnt be a player in that matter.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 4 Jun 2008

so did any one found out how to do that

Quote · 28 Jun 2008

Yeah anyone find out?

Quote · 4 Jul 2008

Has anybody figured this out yet?

Quote · 31 Jul 2008

I'm interested in this as well.

Quote · 23 Aug 2008

I didn't know anyone was looking for this and just found this thread while looking for something else.

What I did for Dolphin 6.1.4/Orca 2x was simply commenting out 1 line of code to make the directories/sub folders open by default.

Open:
/orca/classes/Forum.php

Find:
if (( isset($p['cat']) && $p['cat'] == $r['cat_uri'] ) /*|| 1 == $r['cat_id'] */)

And just comment it out:
//if (( isset($p['cat']) && $p['cat'] == $r['cat_uri'] ) /*|| 1 == $r['cat_id'] */)

(Updated don't forget this next step compile language) Thanks for pointing this out Stuart!!

After making the change to the file you need to login to your Dolphin admin panel and go to plugins Orca Forum and Compile Languages "en" link in the upper right corner or the orca admin area to update the changes and to take effect. If you have another language you will need to compile the one you are using.

Refresh page...and now they are all open for easier navigation.

Similar line for previous Dolphin/Orca versions just look for similar coding.

You can see this working here:
A Orca Forum with open folders by default:
http://www.dialme.com/orca/

Pretty much the same info as the forum but also here:

Article:
A simple article I wrote with pretty much the same as posted here.

gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 1 Sep 2008

Hello Gameutopia,

Nice one, but...

for this to work (for me anyway) you need to go to Open:
/orca/classes/En/Forum.php

Hope this helps!

Stuart

I didn't know anyone was looking for this and just found this thread while looking for something else.

What I did for Dolphin 6.1.4/Orca 2x was simply commenting out 1 line of code to make the directories/sub folders open by default.

Open:
/orca/classes/Forum.php

Find:
if (( isset($p['cat']) && $p['cat'] == $r['cat_uri'] ) /*|| 1 == $r['cat_id'] */)

And just comment it out:
//if (( isset($p['cat']) && $p['cat'] == $r['cat_uri'] ) /*|| 1 == $r['cat_id'] */)

Article:

gameutopia

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 1 Sep 2008

This maybe due compiling the "en" in orca admin. Similar to when editing files in the layout folder. After making changes in layout folder to certain files you need to recompile the language. So when you edit the /orca/classes/Forum.php file then go to admin and click the "en" to compile it writes the changes to /orca/classes/en/Forum.php or any other language you may have added.

If not and at some point you go back and re-compile your "en" language in your orca admin since you did not edit /orca/classes/Forum.php when you click the "en" it could write the original file back to /orca/classes/en/Forum.php That don't have your changes so you could potentially loose your changes.

I will double check this and update this. Thanks for the input Stuart.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 1 Sep 2008

Gameutopia, your right. I had to recompile and the file in the /En/ folder was overwritten. I am going to try changing both!

Stuart

This maybe due compiling the "en" in orca admin. Similar to when editing files in the layout folder. After making changes in layout folder to certain files you need to recompile the language. So when you edit the /orca/classes/Forum.php file then go to admin and click the "en" to compile it writes the changes to /orca/classes/en/Forum.php or any other language you may have added.

If not and at some point you go back and re-compile your "en" language in your orca admin since you did not edit /orca/classes/Forum.php when you click the "en" it could write the original file back to /orca/classes/en/Forum.php That don't have your changes so you could potentially loose your changes.

Quote · 1 Sep 2008

Gameutopia, I changed both files /orca/classes/Forum.php and /orca/classes/en/Forum.php then recompiled and it works. Thanks!

Stuart

Gameutopia, your right. I had to recompile and the file in the /En/ folder was overwritten. I am going to try changing both!

Stuart

Quote · 1 Sep 2008

I updated my posted reply above with the compile language info necessary for the changes to take effect.

Thanks for reminding me about this Stuart. Past orca versions there was no compiling language files. You just uploaded and done. Now after making changes to certain files it becomes necessary to do this. I guess the best practice would be to hit the "en" just in case, and of course a backup of any related files first.

I'll update my site with this info shortly.

gameutopia

Quote · 1 Sep 2008

Wahoo thanks Guys....SealedCool Works a Treat Foot in mouth

Quote · 1 Sep 2008

When I this and compiles I get this:

Warning: XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet() [xsltprocessor.importstylesheet]: /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/layout/uni_en/xsl/home.xsl:68: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document in /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/classes/en/BxXslTransform.php on line 87

Warning: XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet() [xsltprocessor.importstylesheet]: :template> in /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/classes/en/BxXslTransform.php on line 87

Warning: XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet() [xsltprocessor.importstylesheet]: ^ in /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/classes/en/BxXslTransform.php on line 87

Warning: XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet() [xsltprocessor.importstylesheet]: compilation error: file /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/layout/uni_en/xsl/home_main.xsl line 12 element include in /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/classes/en/BxXslTransform.php on line 87

Warning: XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet() [xsltprocessor.importstylesheet]: xsl:include : unable to load /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/layout/uni_en/xsl/home.xsl in /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/classes/en/BxXslTransform.php on line 87

Warning: XSLTProcessor::transformToXml() [xsltprocessor.transformtoxml]: No stylesheet associated to this object in /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/classes/en/BxXslTransform.php on line 88

Quote · 3 Sep 2008

Line, 86-88, in dreamweaver, are these:

$proc = new XsltProcessor();
$proc->importStyleSheet($xsl);
$res = $proc->transformToXML($xml);

in the file, BxXslTransform.php

Any ideas?

Quote · 3 Sep 2008

When I this and compiles I get this:

Warning: XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet() [xsltprocessor.importstylesheet]: /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/layout/uni_en/xsl/home.xsl:68: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document in /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/classes/en/BxXslTransform.php on line 87

Warning: XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet() [xsltprocessor.importstylesheet]: :template> in /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/classes/en/BxXslTransform.php on line 87

Warning: XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet() [xsltprocessor.importstylesheet]: ^ in /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/classes/en/BxXslTransform.php on line 87

Warning: XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet() [xsltprocessor.importstylesheet]: compilation error: file /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/layout/uni_en/xsl/home_main.xsl line 12 element include in /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/classes/en/BxXslTransform.php on line 87

Warning: XSLTProcessor::importStylesheet() [xsltprocessor.importstylesheet]: xsl:include : unable to load /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/layout/uni_en/xsl/home.xsl in /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/classes/en/BxXslTransform.php on line 87

Warning: XSLTProcessor::transformToXml() [xsltprocessor.transformtoxml]: No stylesheet associated to this object in /home/.manet/deciphagear/deciphagear.com/dolphin/orca/classes/en/BxXslTransform.php on line 88

It appears you have added a return or extra character after the ?> in the bottom of one of the php fil

es you changed.  Check them all - if you have any extra characters or lines after the bottom of the file- delete them.

Chris

www.convictionscommunity.com

Quote · 3 Sep 2008

I haven't, theres nothing after the ?> and I don't think that I've ever edited this file before either

the forum was working fine until I compiled :/ after doing the changes commenting out that line

^^

Quote · 3 Sep 2008

If you want to add something opened as default (by link : dolphin_url/orca)

so just open

orca\index.php

found here (line ~289):

default:
transCheck ($f->getPageXML(1, $_GET), $gConf['dir']['xsl'] . 'home_main.xsl', $_GET['debug'] ? 0 : 1);

comment this line

transCheck

and put next code:

$_GET['cat'] = $_GET['cat_id'] = 'total';
$xsl = 'home_main.xsl';
transCheck ($f->getPageXML(1, $_GET), $gConf['dir']['xsl'] . $xsl, $_GET['debug'] ? 0 : 1);

where 'total' is URI of destination Forum Category

Hope that help :)

Quote · 4 Sep 2008

You can add a rewrite-rule in the .htaccess for this.

Regards,

Praveen

----
Quote · 5 Sep 2008

A+ to gameutopia...worked perfectly!

Quote · 13 Sep 2008

Thank you gameutopia - worked well with my 6.1.4 site :)

Quote · 14 Sep 2008

Does anyone have a way of making this work on Dolphin 7?

Quote · 13 Jan 2010

Thank you very much it work for me

see here : http://www.gowaw.com/forum  &  http://buddyfor.com/forum/

Thank you again

Open:
/orca/classes/Forum.php

Find:

And just comment it out:

(Updated don't forget this next step compile language) Thanks for pointing this out Stuart!!

After making the change to the file you need to login to your Dolphin admin panel and go to plugins Orca Forum and Compile Languages "en" link in the upper right corner or the orca admin area to update the changes and to take effect. If you have another language you will need to compile the one you are using.

Article:

gameutopia

Quote · 30 Jan 2010

Any way to do this for 7.0.2?

My signature can beat up your signature!
Quote · 7 Aug 2010

Bumping this up for a solution for Dolphin 7.0/

Quote · 15 Sep 2010

I recall this solution working fine in Dolphin 7.0.2.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 15 Sep 2010

Works perfect! Now, how can I enlarge the sections to not cause overlapping text? (attached photo) Or should I just shorten the descriptions?

expand.png · 30.4K · 475 views
My signature can beat up your signature!
Quote · 15 Nov 2010

I cant find this on 7.0.4

any ideas how to open the folders?

edit: my mistake... clicking on forum idex has folders closed, but in forums IS GOOD!

Quote · 27 Jan 2011

Is there an update for 7.0.5 for this?

Quote · 22 Mar 2011

Is there an update for 7.0.5 for this?

When creating or editing a forum group, there will be an option for this that you can select.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 23 Mar 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.