Mandatory photo on join

Can any help me to make mandatory photo on join?

Is important for my site. Thank you very much!

29 Dec 2009

Access your database via MyPhpAdmin (example) and browse the sys_profile_fields table. Edit the ProfilePhoto entry (pencil icon) and put a 1 in the mandatory field. That should make it mandatory.

Chris

Nothing to see here
29 Dec 2009

Thank you very much Zarcon, I´m goin to try it right now!

29 Dec 2009

oops. This field is not here. here are: ID, sex, ... all except photojoin. I don´t know which one are those: Featured and aff_num

But photo join is not here. Thanks any way

29 Dec 2009

Are you looking in the database itself or in the Admin Panel? You should be in the database, looking in the sys_profile_fields table. If you have cPanel, log into it. Click MyPhpAdmin, click your D7 database. Click the sys_profile_fields table on the left. Click the Browse button (at the top ) and find the entry called ProfilePhoto (mine was on the second page).

Chris

Nothing to see here
29 Dec 2009

Zarcon I understand you, all fields in join are here, but in mi DB not here is what I got: this is a copy/paste:

Name
ID
NickName
Password
Email
DateReg
DateLastEdit
Status
DateLastLogin
Featured
Sex
LookingFor
DescriptionMe
DateOfBirth
Headline
Country
City
General Info
Misc Info
Admin Controls
Couple
Captcha
Security Image
EmailNotify
zip
DateLastNav
aff_num
Tags
TermsOfUse

And sure I got this field in my web. Thank you very much

29 Dec 2009

What you pasted are the fields in the Admin Panel>Builders>Profile Fields and NOT the database. Do you have cPanel access to your web host? You need to access your database NOT your Admin Panel.

Chris

Nothing to see here
29 Dec 2009

Sure Zarcon, this is from phpMyadmin

NameTypeControlinput element for selectorsExtra
ID system NULL  
NickName text NULL  
Password pass NULL  
Email text NULL  
DateReg system NULL  
DateLastEdit system NULL  
Status system NULL  
DateLastLogin system NULL  
Featured system NULL  
Sex select_one radio  
LookingFor select_set checkbox  
DescriptionMe html_area NULL  
DateOfBirth date NULL  
Headline text NULL  
Country select_one select  
City text NULL  
General Info block NULL  
Location system NULL  
Keyword system NULL DescriptionMe
Headline
Misc Info block NULL  
Admin Controls block NULL  
Couple system NULL Country
City
Captcha system NULL  
Security Image block NULL  
EmailNotify bool checkbox  
zip text NULL  
DateLastNav system NULL  
aff_num system NULL  
Tags text NULL  
TermsOfUse system NULL  
29 Dec 2009

LOL, that looks like it is from your Profiles table (sorry). Look in the sys_profiles_fields table instead.  Might be on page 2 of this table.

BTW, you are using Dolphin 7 correct? Just curious cause my profiles table is different.

Chris

Nothing to see here
29 Dec 2009

Ohh I did not see the next page botton, so sorry!

Now I write a 1 in mandatory field but not show * thanks a lot Zarcon!

29 Dec 2009

You need to clear your /cache folder except for the .htaccess file. You can then refresh the Join page and see that the * is now there for Profile Photo.

Chris

Nothing to see here
29 Dec 2009

Access your database via MyPhpAdmin (example) and browse the sys_profile_fields table. Edit the ProfilePhoto entry (pencil icon) and put a 1 in the mandatory field. That should make it mandatory.

Chris

How can one access MyPhpAdmin

29 Dec 2009

Chris

How can one access MyPhpAdmin

29 Dec 2009

wemegah, if you have access to cPanel for your web hosting, there is an MyPhpAdmin icon in there.

Chris

Nothing to see here
29 Dec 2009

wemegah, if you have access to cPanel for your web hosting, there is an MyPhpAdmin icon in there.

Chris

I have been having a problem with Profile Fields under Builder in the admin login. The profile field will not load. It says Loading and just sits ther forever

29 Dec 2009

Zarcon, WOW you are right, now my web got photo on join mandatory. Thank you very very much!!

30 Dec 2009

Chris

I have been having a problem with Profile Fields under Builder in the admin login. The profile field will not load. It says Loading and just sits ther forever

Please start a different thread for this issue.  Discussing to completely different issues will just confuse people.  We'll be happy to help you in your own thread.

30 Dec 2009

i try this but is nat working  for me when i click Join Now they can join on the site with out photo i want to make this work i'm getting many memeber and they dont upload the profile photo and the site look bad many members with no photo

Post Reply - if you going to help - No for - bla bla bla bla
15 Jan 2010

Hi, how to add the profile photo for the second person  in the join form when is select a couple ?

15 Jan 2010

excellent...Thanks Zarcon!

Ooops...spoke too early without testing. I was able to see  * appear but was able to join without uploading.

23 Jan 2010

Yes, certain. Is possible to register with out photo, but the most of the people as they see red* don´t know this so they upload photo, if not, the next page is avatar, so... at the end the most of them upload photos. Very good work Zarcon, thank you very much.

29 Jan 2010

That's true tho. Thx mdroca.

29 Jan 2010

Yes, certain. Is possible to register with out photo, but the most of the people as they see red* don´t know this so they upload photo, if not, the next page is avatar, so... at the end the most of them upload photos. Very good work Zarcon, thank you very much.

That's not a valid solution! If it's mandatory, IT SHOULD work!

A lot of my members, disregard the red * and still continue, by passing the avatar

29 Jan 2010

Hi, i made mandatory the upload of photo profile at the join in form, but some users, after joining delete the photo. So i have some profiles without photos...

How i can block this? I means if is only 1 photo (or avatar) the user can not delete it

Thank you...

29 Jan 2010

Hi, i made mandatory the upload of photo profile at the join in form, but some users, after joining delete the photo. So i have some profiles without photos...

How i can block this? I means if is only 1 photo (or avatar) the user can not delete it

Thank you...

That is a good question! I would like to know too

30 Jan 2010

Thank you...

No one know how? ... Thank...

30 Jan 2010

Is there a special way to clear cache through Dolphin admin or myphp admin? I clear cache through Firefox tools but I still don't see the * after setting mandatory to 1. Any suggestions?

30 Jan 2010

Is there a special way to clear cache through Dolphin admin or myphp admin? I clear cache through Firefox tools but I still don't see the * after setting mandatory to 1. Any suggestions?

In the Dolphin administration panel's dashboard, there will be an area to clear the cache for certain, or all parts of the web site (such as templates and database). The other way is to delete the contents of the ./cache directory (except for the .htaccess file) and the ./cache_public directory.

A note: clearing your web browser cache does little to nothing, since Dolphin's cache system saves the data to the server.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
30 Jan 2010

I looked but I'm not finding that area in Dolphin admin. Do you know what section that is in? I would rather not do the other way of clearing cache in fear of messing something else up on my website.

30 Jan 2010

You need to clear all the files,execpt the .htaccess,  inside the folder " Cache" , after that refresh the page on the browser...

30 Jan 2010

Magnus said there is a way to clear cache in the Dolphin administration panel's dashboard. I can't seem to find it.

30 Jan 2010

Magnus said there is a way to clear cache in the Dolphin administration panel's dashboard. I can't seem to find it.

It's on the dashboard page where you are presented with information on your web site. I'll provide a visual in a moment.

Edit: here you go:

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
30 Jan 2010

wow...how obvious was that one. I overlooked it. Thanks Magnus. One last question. Zarcon said to clear /cache folder except for the .htaccess file. How do I just clear that? The only options I see are: clean all, clean templates, clean db, and clean js/c

30 Jan 2010

wow...how obvious was that one. I overlooked it. Thanks Magnus. One last question. Zarcon said to clear /cache folder except for the .htaccess file. How do I just clear that? The only options I see are: clean all, clean templates, clean db, and clean js/c

To do this, you must use either a file manager on the web server, or a FTP client. Using either, you would then need to navigate to your directory where you installed Dolphin, and then to the /cache directory. You can select all the files (except for the .htaccess file) and delete them. This is perhaps the best way to empty the cache.

30 Jan 2010

after setting it to mandatory in the db
clear the cache

you still can signup without photo you just skip the little * so it's not a solution

30 Jan 2010

Yea  u right  prolaznik it's not a solution the memebers can still signup without photo

after setting it to mandatory in the db
clear the cache

you still can signup without photo you just skip the little * so it's not a solution

31 Jan 2010

Thank you...

Nobody know how to do?

31 Jan 2010

Thats correct, this is not a complete solution. It will "mark" it as mandatory but users can still join without it, This is about the only clue I have regarding a complete solution but I cannot get it to work properly. So if someone wants to take a stab at it:

Take a look at checkPostValueForSystem function in BxDolProfileFields.php file.

Its going to be somewhere in here..

Chris

Nothing to see here
31 Jan 2010

I check and wat i do now lol

________________________________________________________________________________

function checkPostValueForSystem( $aItem, $mValue ) {

switch( $aItem['Name'] ) {
case 'Captcha':
return ( $this -> checkCaptcha( $mValue ) ) ? true : _t( '_Captcha check failed' );
break;

case 'Status':
if( !in_array($mValue, $aItem['Values'] ) )
return 'Status hack attempt!';
break;

case 'TermsOfUse':
return $mValue ? true : _t( '_You must agree with terms of use' );
break;

case 'ProfilePhoto':
if (!isset($mValue))
return true;

31 Jan 2010

I check and wat i do now lol

________________________________________________________________________________

function checkPostValueForSystem( $aItem, $mValue ) {

switch( $aItem['Name'] ) {
case 'Captcha':
return ( $this -> checkCaptcha( $mValue ) ) ? true : _t( '_Captcha check failed' );
break;

case 'Status':
if( !in_array($mValue, $aItem['Values'] ) )
return 'Status hack attempt!';
break;

case 'TermsOfUse':
break;

case 'ProfilePhoto':
if (!isset($mValue))
return true;

Shouldn't you return the broken key with your true?

31 Jan 2010

I bring this post back to life because I think alot of us would like to have this. So in the BxDolProfileFields.php file, does someone know how to code the profile photo to be mandatory?

Currently under checkPostValueForSystem function it looks like this:

case 'ProfilePhoto':
if (!isset($mValue))
return true;

Other mandatory fields look like this (Terms Of Use)

case 'TermsOfUse':
break;

I attempted to do something like:

case 'ProfilePhoto':
return $mValue ? true : _t( '_You must upload a profile photo' );
return true;

Which WILL stop the joining process and display that message, however when you browse to a photo location and choose one, it still displays an error as if you didnt choose anything.

Any help form more experienced PHP programmers?

Chris

Nothing to see here
10 Feb 2010

I played a bit in that file but was not able to do it either....aint a programmer tho.

10 Feb 2010

Can we incorporate the same pedit.js check to the join page as the pedit page?  When editing the profile page after it is created, the pedit.js will check for mandatory fields marking and display an error if they are not filled in, even if no minimal value is set.  Does anyone know who to incorporate that to work with the join for error checking which should then throw an error if the photo is not set, I believe.

Nevermind, it is something else that is not checking the value.

10 Feb 2010

According to AntonLV, the function is checking in the checkPostValueForSystem function located in the BxDolProfileFields.php file. The only problem is he would not tell me "what" to change the code below to:

case 'ProfilePhoto':
if (!isset($mValue))
return true;

Chris

Nothing to see here
10 Feb 2010

The code is working when they click the submit with out photo they get the warning : You must upload a profile photo

but if u upload the profile photo they get the warning twoo " You must upload a profile photo

but is not working lol

According to AntonLV, the function is checking in the checkPostValueForSystem function located in the BxDolProfileFields.php file. The only problem is he would not tell me "what" to change the code below to:

case 'ProfilePhoto':
if (!isset($mValue))
return true;

Chris

10 Feb 2010

We've racked over this for a while today and haven't come up with a solution.

10 Feb 2010

True, seems like nothing we have tried has worked yet. But I have faith in our Boonexers (cough cough) and someone is going to post the solution.. yep... any minute now...

Nothing to see here
10 Feb 2010

I bring this post back to life because I think alot of us would like to have this. So in the BxDolProfileFields.php file, does someone know how to code the profile photo to be mandatory?

case 'ProfilePhoto':
if (!isset($mValue))
return true;

case 'TermsOfUse':
break;

case 'ProfilePhoto':
return true;

Which WILL stop the joining process and display that message, however when you browse to a photo location and choose one, it still displays an error as if you didnt choose anything.

Chris

I didn't try or test anything until now, just reading your post.

In:

case 'ProfilePhoto':
return true;

try to delete your last line - return true; - as you just tested the line above if true or false.

case 'ProfilePhoto':
break;

could maybe work ?

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
11 Feb 2010

I have been watching this thread in anticipation. Pls be our saviour MS.

case 'ProfilePhoto':
if (!isset($mValue))
return true;

case 'TermsOfUse':
break;

case 'ProfilePhoto':
return true;

Chris

I didn't try or test anything until now, just reading your post.

In:

case 'ProfilePhoto':
return true;

try to delete your last line - return true; - as you just tested the line above if true or false.

case 'ProfilePhoto':
break;

could maybe work ?

11 Feb 2010

Ok, during my tests, the variable $mValue in the ProfilePhoto case is always null regardless, so the test will allways pass and return true. So there is a bug in dolphins code elsewhere before this check.

Also the checks below it are pointless because the file is not uploaded at this point, so obtaining the file size and type can't be done here.

So you can do this to get around the issue for now until the problem as to why $mValue is null here.

Change This.

case 'ProfilePhoto':
if (!isset($mValue))
return true;

$sFileName = $GLOBALS['dir']['tmp'] . $mValue;

if (!file_exists($sFileName)) // hack attempt
return 'No way! File not exists: ' . $sFileName;

$aSize = @getimagesize($sFileName);
if (!$aSize) {
unlink($sFileName);
return _t( '_Please specify image file' );
}

if ($aSize[2] != IMAGETYPE_GIF && $aSize[2] != IMAGETYPE_JPEG && $aSize[2] != IMAGETYPE_PNG) {
unlink($sFileName);
return _t( '_Please specify image of JPEG, GIF or PNG format' );
}

// TODO: Add more checks ;)

return true;
break;

To This. Areas changed marked in red.

case 'ProfilePhoto':
// if (!isset($mValue))
// return true;

if ($_POST['ProfilePhoto'] == '') return _t('_You must upload a profile photo');

/* $sFileName = $GLOBALS['dir']['tmp'] . $mValue;

if (!file_exists($sFileName)) // hack attempt
return 'No way! File not exists: ' . $sFileName;

$aSize = @getimagesize($sFileName);
if (!$aSize) {
unlink($sFileName);
return _t( '_Please specify image file' );
}

if ($aSize[2] != IMAGETYPE_GIF && $aSize[2] != IMAGETYPE_JPEG && $aSize[2] != IMAGETYPE_PNG) {
unlink($sFileName);
return _t( '_Please specify image of JPEG, GIF or PNG format' );
} */

// TODO: Add more checks ;)

return true;
break;

In any case. I believe we have bug to put into trac. How to explain it to them though.

https://www.deanbassett.com
11 Feb 2010

In any case. I believe we have bug to put into trac. How to explain it to them though.

Zarcon and I came to the same conclusion that the variable is always returning null no matter what type of check we used (and we tested a bunch of different ones).

Are you going to put something in trac, I can try to explain it up but I'm not quite sure how to describe the issue.

11 Feb 2010

Zarcon and I came to the same conclusion that the variable is always returning null no matter what type of check we used (and we tested a bunch of different ones).

Are you going to put something in trac, I can try to explain it up but I'm not quite sure how to describe the issue.

@deano92964
well done it works
@mauricecano
yes it should go to trac just post a link to the forum post i think they will get the picture

thx guys :)

11 Feb 2010

I can't get the workaround to work on a 2 page join form, it just resets the page and clears the uploaded picture.

11 Feb 2010

Interesting. Well, when i have time i will setup a 2 page form and do some more tests.

Oh, and which page is your photo upload field on?

11 Feb 2010

I can't get the workaround to work on a 2 page join form, it just resets the page and clears the uploaded picture.

weird i did try it and it worked i also have a 2page join form but i do have the upload photo box on the first join page

11 Feb 2010

photo upload is on the first page.

11 Feb 2010

photo upload is on the first page.

in the sys_profile_fields table photo mandatory field did you set it back to 0

11 Feb 2010

Have you done anything else to try and make in mandatory? Besides this code change?

11 Feb 2010

I set it back to 0 in the table, but still a no-go.  Guess I have to wait till boonex fixes it which I'm sure will be soon lol.

11 Feb 2010

my results are the same as maurice too. Page resets upon submission and upload warning reappears. (Also changed the mandatory to 0 within DB.) Deano, is that the only code you've changed and it worked for you?

11 Feb 2010

Yes. I did nothing else. But i also have a single join page.

I have to ask. When you guys tried this, did you copy all of my code or just comment out the top 2 lines and add the 3'rd line. I ask because i also commented out the bottom section, if you missed those comments, the code will not work.

I will edit my post to point out all of the changed areas.

11 Feb 2010

I have to ask. When you guys tried this, did you copy all of my code or just comment out the top 2 lines and add the 3'rd line. I ask because i also commented out the bottom section, if you missed those comments, the code will not work.

I did comment out the entire code and added your line.  If you don't comment out the bottom part and try to add a photo it will return a hack error.

11 Feb 2010

I did comment out the entire code and added your line.  If you don't comment out the bottom part and try to add a photo it will return a hack error.

You commented out all of it? Including the bottom return true? Because that has to remain there. I edited my code to make it a bit more clear.

11 Feb 2010

made it exactly the same and still same issue.

11 Feb 2010

I'll do some further tests later to see if i can find another solution.

11 Feb 2010

One last question. Does you site have caching enabled or disabled in admin?

11 Feb 2010

Enabled

11 Feb 2010

After that fix is in place, did you try to empty the cache. I don't think the join form is cached in any way, but i am grasping at straws at the moment.

11 Feb 2010

After that fix is in place, did you try to empty the cache. I don't think the join form is cached in any way, but i am grasping at straws at the moment.

Another no-go, I turned off all caching and cleared everything out but the same issue.

11 Feb 2010

Ahhh fiddle sticks.

Ok. i'll have to play with this later and find another solution.

11 Feb 2010

Deano, It seems you are on the right track though. You could make a lot of friends here if you post everything that needs to be changed in one post. :) <Chanting.. deano.. deano..deano..You can dew it)

Nothing to see here
11 Feb 2010

Thanks!

I will be waching this topic lol

Ahhh fiddle sticks.

Ok. i'll have to play with this later and find another solution.

11 Feb 2010

Deano, I get the same results too, and now my eyes are tired :)

Anxiously waiting....

11 Feb 2010

Try to change this code:

if (!isset($mValue))
return true;

to this:

if (( isset( $_SERVER['HTTP_X_REQUESTED_WITH'] ) and $_SERVER['HTTP_X_REQUESTED_WITH'] == 'XMLHttpRequest' ))
return true;

The problem is that join form try ajax check at first ! but during ajax check file is not uploaded at all ! .. so the solution of the problem is to check if it is ajax request, and do not do any checking, after ajax request is done, the from is tried to be submitted without ajax - at this stage file is uploaded and checking can be performed !

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
12 Feb 2010

Try to change this code:

if (!isset($mValue))
return true;

to this:

if (( isset( $_SERVER['HTTP_X_REQUESTED_WITH'] ) and $_SERVER['HTTP_X_REQUESTED_WITH'] == 'XMLHttpRequest' ))
return true;

The problem is that join form try ajax check at first ! but during ajax check file is not uploaded at all ! .. so the solution of the problem is to check if it is ajax request, and do not do any checking, after ajax request is done, the from is tried to be submitted without ajax - at this stage file is uploaded and checking can be performed !

This does work in forcing the photo upload.  However if the check fails (i.e. they did not upload a photo) then this error is thrown from the system:
Warning: unlink(/home/public_html/tmp/) [function.unlink]: Is a directory in /home/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolProfileFields.php on line 476

12 Feb 2010

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/1856 - here is more complicated fix here - also it takes into account 'mandatory' profile fields value.

12 Feb 2010

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/1856 - here is more complicated fix here - also it takes into account 'mandatory' profile fields value.

Thanks for the work Alex.  This new change fixes it perfectly and doesn't throw the error about unhooking.

12 Feb 2010

Could some one post the fix here? Alex has closed the ticket...

Thanks for the work Alex.  This new change fixes it perfectly and doesn't throw the error about unhooking.

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
12 Feb 2010

Here is the link to the changes.  I would download the file and replace your existing one vs. trying to put them in by hand.

REMEMBER: You must set the field to mandatory and the only way to do that is to edit it in the database.

Changeset here: http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/changeset?old_path=%2F&old=13693&new_path=%2F&new=13693

12 Feb 2010

Many thanks for that!

Stuart

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
12 Feb 2010

There is another bug with this fix.  If you use the fix but have a 2 page join form, users cannot complete the join form.  Upon submit of the second page of the join form, an error is returned saying that the user failed to fill in some required information.  However there is nothing that the user forgot to fill in on the second page.

I currently have the photo upload on the first page of the join process, I have not tried what happens if you put the photo upload on the second page and try to submit from there.

12 Feb 2010

Thanks a lot AlexT and all guys that spended his time with this. Now it works perfect, tested with IE, Chrome, firefox.

12 Feb 2010

Thank you Alex :-)

Life is a fatal disease, sexually transmissible - Virginity is carcinogenic! Ask here for vaccine.
12 Feb 2010

AlexT... I think I love you.. dah dun da dun... But I wanna know fa shore.. dah dun da dun..

Thank you for assisting us in a resolution.

Chris

Nothing to see here
12 Feb 2010

Can someone post the modified BxDolProfileFields.php file somewhere? its a pain going line by line

12 Feb 2010

Can someone post the modified BxDolProfileFields.php file somewhere? its a pain going line by line

If you scroll to the bottom of that link you provided in your post, you will see the the option to:

Download in other formats:

Choose: Original Format

Chris

Nothing to see here
12 Feb 2010

Are you sure you are here:

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/browser/trunk/inc/classes/BxDolProfileFields.php?rev=13693

I can Original Format just fine.. in IE and FF (just to make sure)

Chris

Nothing to see here
12 Feb 2010

Works perfectly!

12 Feb 2010

A big hand for Alex but I like to thank everyone who worked so hard persistantly to get noticed by Alex and get this resolved....thank you! I guess if we team up again on another big issue, we can get things done like this :)

12 Feb 2010

Greate Job

Thanks!

13 Feb 2010

UFO360, I just wanna know "who" that is in the picture.. haha.. just messin.

Nothing to see here
13 Feb 2010

lol :  a Beatiful Girl from my friend site

13 Feb 2010

I'd llike to update on the continuing issue.  To make a forced picture on upload, you MUST place the upload box on the final join page, meaning if you have 2 page join form, the upload box must be on page 2.  Otherwise your users will never be able to join because the still looks for an uploaded picture on the 2nd join page.

13 Feb 2010

Ok is working fine but on the second page the new member can remove the photo or avatar how can this be automatic add with out going to thet second page

14 Feb 2010

Hi, great job for the mandatory photos, THANK !!

I ask few time and i try to ask again help for one issue : some users, after joining, delete the photo. So i have some profiles without photos...

How i can block this? I means if is only 1 photo (or avatar)on the profiles, the user can not delete it, otherwise don't make sens to have mandatory photos at the login !!

Thank

14 Feb 2010

agree this is the second problem now they upload the photo and than on the second page they can't delete it

I ask few time and i try to ask again help for one issue : some users, after joining, delete the photo. So i have some profiles without photos...

How i can block this? I means if is only 1 photo (or avatar)on the profiles, the user can not delete it, otherwise don't make sens to have mandatory photos at the login !!

Thank

14 Feb 2010

agree this is the second problem now they upload the photo and than on the second page they can't delete it

Thank

Just now i remeber (and found), that i ask the some also for D6.1.6 and myDatery give me this suggestion : http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/topic/About-the-delete-picture-.htm

But i never figur out (i'm not a programmer)... I hope can help you guys...

14 Feb 2010

I don't think this with help people he say : Don't have time right now to do the full tweak

so is no reason to make a crap topic like that i don't call that support

Thank

Just now i remeber (and found), that i ask the some also for D6.1.6 and myDatery give me this suggestion : http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/topic/About-the-delete-picture-.htm

But i never figur out (i'm not a programmer)... I hope can help you guys...

14 Feb 2010

QuoteFeb 12, 2010 00:560 likesLike

Here is the link to the changes.  I would download the file and replace your existing one vs. trying to put them in by hand.

REMEMBER: You must set the field to mandatory and the only way to do that is to edit it in the database.

Changeset here: http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/changeset?old_path=%2F&old=13693&new_path=%2F&new=13693

can anyone tell me if this has been intergrated into dolphin 7.0.8

i have downloaded the changeset file but im not sure if i need to replace the exsisting file. or just set photo upload to mandator in my database. And if it is nesicery to replace should i upload file .diff or the zip file,  If i understand corectly the file is php, so when i see the extenstion .diff i get lost because i am expecting a file .php   Is .diff the languege of dolphin? 

thankyou very much for clarifing this issue

8 Dec 2011

Hey guys I'm having slight trouble getting the mandatory photo on join working. I'm using D7.0.9 which may be the reason why I can't get it to work. Anyhow, after I merge the BxDolProfileFields.php file via FTP , clear out all the cache,  and the refresh my browser, I go to join and I'm confronted with this message in the "Join Now" block...

Profile Fields cache not loaded. Cannot continue.

I have set the profile photo as mandatory in PHPAdmin but I can't understand why the profile fields cache will not load. I poured over this topic several times and I must have somehow overlooked a crucial step. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

3 Feb 2012

You don't need to apply any fixes, fixes are included in default version and definitely available in 7.0.9. 

The only restriction to "upload photo" field on join is that it need to be placed on the last step, in the case of multiple pages join form.

Hey guys I'm having slight trouble getting the mandatory photo on join working. I'm using D7.0.9 which may be the reason why I can't get it to work. Anyhow, after I merge the BxDolProfileFields.php file via FTP , clear out all the cache,  and the refresh my browser, I go to join and I'm confronted with this message in the "Join Now" block...

I have set the profile photo as mandatory in PHPAdmin but I can't understand why the profile fields cache will not load. I poured over this topic several times and I must have somehow overlooked a crucial step. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

6 Feb 2012

Oh, now I understand. Thanks Alex so much for the clarification. Now I can move forward with what I need to do. You rock!

You don't need to apply any fixes, fixes are included in default version and definitely available in 7.0.9. 

The only restriction to "upload photo" field on join is that it need to be placed on the last step, in the case of multiple pages join form.

8 Feb 2012

What do I delete in this fix? Do I delete the full line or only the _temp and then add whats in dark green. Right?

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/changeset?old_path=%2F&old=13693&new_path=%2F&new=13693

Sometimes communicating your problem and putting it out there is enough to solve it
1 May 2012

What do I delete in this fix? Do I delete the full line or only the _temp and then add whats in dark green. Right?

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/changeset?old_path=%2F&old=13693&new_path=%2F&new=13693

3 May 2012

Alex,  so why do I still get new members signing in with no photos?

Sometimes communicating your problem and putting it out there is enough to solve it
3 May 2012

To make sure that photo is mandatory field:

1) check if 'Mandatory' field for 'ProfilePhoto' row in 'sys_profile_fields' table is set to 1

2) make sure that user is redirected to avatar cropping page, so he/she can crop uploaded image right away after join

But there are still situation when profile can be without avatar

- when user is joined via Facebook login (or some other 3rd-party integration) without avatar 

- when user did'n press 'Set Avatar' button on avatar cropping page

- user manually deleted all their avatars from avatar cropping page

4 May 2012

Alex you were right about  "when user did'n press 'Set Avatar' button on avatar cropping page".

Any ideas how to fix this?

Maybe we can set it up so that if they don't click "set avatar" then whatever image they uploaded will be valid and will be presented.

There must be some simple solution to this, right?

4 May 2012

I suggest to change text on avatar page to make it more clear for users that they need to press "set avatar button"

Alex you were right about  "when user did'n press 'Set Avatar' button on avatar cropping page".

Maybe we can set it up so that if they don't click "set avatar" then whatever image they uploaded will be valid and will be presented.

6 May 2012

That is a very good idea man. I should be able to find this text with Language Settings I guess.

Thanks Alex!!

I suggest to change text on avatar page to make it more clear for users that they need to press "set avatar button"

6 May 2012

I just applied the mandatory setting to the photo field on the join page, and it worked perfectly... it allows the user to crop their avatar, and when I copy/paste a user's profile link in a Facebook update on Facebook itself, it shows their profile pic as the thumbnail for the post.

Here's what's strange though... their photo still is not showing up in the Megaprofile block of their profile page. Any idea why that would occur? Here's my site's url: http://tinyurl.com/6vcdbra

Thanks!

6 Jun 2012

If your site use pre-moderation (admin approves each profile manually) then photo can't be copied from avatar to profile photos due to restriction in photos module - which don't allow not-active members to upload photos.

I just applied the mandatory setting to the photo field on the join page, and it worked perfectly... it allows the user to crop their avatar, and when I copy/paste a user's profile link in a Facebook update on Facebook itself, it shows their profile pic as the thumbnail for the post.

Here's what's strange though... their photo still is not showing up in the Megaprofile block of their profile page. Any idea why that would occur? Here's my site's url: http://tinyurl.com/6vcdbra

Thanks!

8 Jun 2012

So how can we fix this Alex? every problem has a solution, right?

Can we set it up so that it will happen automatically that the first photo the person uploads will be the profile image.

If your site use pre-moderation (admin approves each profile manually) then photo can't be copied from avatar to profile photos due to restriction in photos module - which don't allow not-active members to upload photos.

Thanks!

8 Jun 2012

AlexT: thanks! Very good information.

yuval: I'm with you... would be nice if there was a fix for that. Hopefully one can be discovered.

8 Jun 2012

The only way for now is to turn off pre moderation, so users becomes active after join.

If you need to control what they can do - then you can achieve this using membership levels.

So "Standard" membership level will have limited actions, and some other membership (for example "Validated") will have all necessary actions activated.

During checking admin need to change "Standard" membership to "Validated" membership manually if user passed the checking. 

Can we set it up so that it will happen automatically that the first photo the person uploads will be the profile image.

Thanks!

9 Jun 2012

The only way for now is to turn off pre moderation, so users becomes active after join.

If you need to control what they can do - then you can achieve this using membership levels.

So "Standard" membership level will have limited actions, and some other membership (for example "Validated") will have all necessary actions activated.

During checking admin need to change "Standard" membership to "Validated" membership manually if user passed the checking. 

Thanks!

Thanks, Alex. This looks like a good workaround.

11 Jun 2012

Unfortunately, this is not working as expected...

My settings are as follows:

Automatic profile activation after joining (checked)

Do not change profile status after editing profile information (checked)

Automatic profile confirmation without Confirmation Email (checked)

After proceeding past the join page, I am presented with the Avatar creation page. Here, I can crop the Profile Pic I just uploaded. In the box above the crop area, it shows a checked check box that states "Copy to profile photos album". However, once I proceed past that page, no images are saved in my Profile Photos album and the profile image is the same old standard silhouette image I was seeing before.

As you will see below, it does show the silhouette image in the "current avatar" area. However, if I "Choose File" and upload a new avatar image there, it shows the new avatar photo but still does not make it my profile image.

FYI, I am using Megaprofile, 1Col, 3Col, PhotoDeluxe, and SpyWall from IBDW. Could that have anything to do with this issue?

11 Jun 2012

FYI, I am using Megaprofile, 1Col, 3Col, PhotoDeluxe, and SpyWall from IBDW. Could that have anything to do with this issue?

Please try to reproduce this problem on http://demo.boonex.com to see if 3rd-party modules affects this. Also this is another problem and it is better to start a new thread.

12 Jun 2012

Please try to reproduce this problem on http://demo.boonex.com to see if 3rd-party modules affects this. Also this is another problem and it is better to start a new thread.

The problem did not reproduce on the boonex demo site, but then again that site does not have Megaprofile, etc installed. I will begin a new thread about my specific issue. Thanks!

12 Jun 2012
29 Dec 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.