Migrate to new host

I recently just signed up for a new web host and want to migrate my website running Dolphin from my old host to my new host.

Is this possible?

Quote · 21 Jun 2012

Yes.  Copy the files over to the new server and edit inc/header.inc.php with the new path and domain (if that information changed).  Then clear the cache, cache_public, and tmp directories (except for the .htaccess file).  You then need to also copy the database over.  Just export the database from phpMyAdmin and either recreate the database and database user, or make a new one and update the information in inc/header.inc.php.  You can import the database backup to the new database from phpMyAdmin.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 21 Jun 2012

i see nathanP gave you an answer some hours ago. are you getting this taken care of or are you needing a little assistance. typically as a courtesy and to relieve strain on the client we move the dolphin sites for them. 

might want to talk to your new hosting provider and ask them if they provide that service? 

and if you need help if they are not offering, then hit me up on here, i will help you get it moved and running again. 

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 21 Jun 2012

Hello DosDawg can you let me know about your services as I am wanting to transfer to a new host or maybe just move my test domain to my main domain.

Quote · 12 Dec 2013

Hello DosDawg can you let me know about your services as I am wanting to transfer to a new host or maybe just move my test domain to my main domain.

He is no longer here at BoonEx nor offers Hosting any longer. You can check my signature though :)

Nothing to see here
Quote · 12 Dec 2013

LOL! People really need to glance at the post age around here. that was posted 539 days ago ... How many years is that? Wait, I gotta find some more fingers..... brb

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 12 Dec 2013

LOL! People really need to glance at the post age around here. that was posted 539 days ago ... How many years is that? Wait, I gotta find some more fingers..... brb

LOL. Yea i know. Seriously. The system should automatically lock posts beyond a certain date. Still readable, but not able to post.

I requested a moderator hide one of my old topics due to the number of people referencing it and using old code posted there on new versions of dolphin.

So maybe old posts should just be auto archived for historical reference only.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 12 Dec 2013

Well it did get a response even with a post so old, so there is probably something to be said for leaving them here or put into an archive section.

Thanks everyone.

Quote · 12 Dec 2013

Not enough fingers with all of us here  put together lol . I will likely be hitting you up before long for hosting as well zarcon . Didnt even launch my new site and made a bad choose already. Cough grunt groin HF... you know the rest lol

Quote · 12 Dec 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.