Moderators have disappeared

Sometime ago Boonex gave moderator privileges to some of the more seasoned members. Those moderators have now jumped ship. Andrew, can you please assign moderator privileges to myself, geek_girl or johnk42 so we can at least keep the forum clean of spammers while Dolphin remains breathing.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 26 Jul 2018

I suppose this why.

https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Is-Dolphin-Dead-or-Sleeping.htm#289478

Also your better off tagging him and sending a message on una.io.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 26 Jul 2018

I think if Boonex give more moderator privileges to others "seasoned members" is a good thing, anyway I can reassure that not all moderators have disappeared, I deleted all spam messages and have reported the spammer.

Templates and Modules for Dolphin 7.3 http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/Giovanni_m
Quote · 26 Jul 2018

YES! 

Andrew, it's time to wake up, before this community is completely died!

Please do this, assign moderator privileges to modzzz, geek_girl or johnk42. 

It's bad enough you don't care, but don't hinder those last few of us who do..

Sometime ago Boonex gave moderator privileges to some of the more seasoned members. Those moderators have now jumped ship. Andrew, can you please assign moderator privileges to myself, geek_girl or johnk42 so we can at least keep the forum clean of spammers while Dolphin remains breathing.

Quote · 26 Jul 2018

I suggest to all users of Dolphin to download your modules from your purchase list.  I think I will start on that tonight myself.  If there are any modules in the market you have an interest in, you might want to purchase them if the vendor is not very active; you won't have to worry about the active vendors as you can contact them through their active websites off of Boonex.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 26 Jul 2018

While many developers have moved on, I want to reassure my clients that I remain committed to providing support for Dolphin and my portfolio of products for as long as Dolphin will exist. I will also commence porting my products to UNA in the near future. For all outstanding product support requests, I am working slowly but surely to handle them. B.T.W, it's good to see that there are still some moderators around and on top of their game :)

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 28 Jul 2018

Thank you Modzzz for your commitment. I, myself, have purchased almost all of your modules for my site (not that I going to use them all, just in case, something happens to Dolphin *wink).

I firmly believed a Captain can not command and steer two ships.

Quote · 28 Jul 2018

I will also commence porting my products to UNA in the near future.

That's great news!

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 28 Jul 2018

All my modules were developed for my own Dolphin site and I also want to reassure everyone that my modules are and will be supported in the future.

It will depend on Boonex if my modules are going to be ported to una as I have no intention to buy a new license or pay a monthly fee, for software from the same code base, for which I currently hold a lifetime license.

Dedicated servers for as little as $32 (28 euro) - See http://denre.com for more information
Quote · 28 Jul 2018

Great to here that Modzzz as was getting worried as i haven't herd from you, can you please give me an update

Thx

While many developers have moved on, I want to reassure my clients that I remain committed to providing support for Dolphin and my portfolio of products for as long as Dolphin will exist. I will also commence porting my products to UNA in the near future. For all outstanding product support requests, I am working slowly but surely to handle them. B.T.W, it's good to see that there are still some moderators around and on top of their game :)

Quote · 3 Aug 2018

I believe your license will be transferred. I am also told that for the time being, developers can post their products without a monthly fee.

All my modules were developed for my own Dolphin site and I also want to reassure everyone that my modules are and will be supported in the future.

It will depend on Boonex if my modules are going to be ported to una as I have no intention to buy a new license or pay a monthly fee, for software from the same code base, for which I currently hold a lifetime license.

Quote · 3 Aug 2018

I believe your license will be transferred. I am also told that for the time being, developers can post their products without a monthly fee.

Modzzz, how much do you know about the UNA market and how UNA handles apps?  Would it be possible to sell modules for UNA outside of the UNA market?  Is it possible for end users to upload modules to their site by ftp and install them in the studio?  I don't like the way Apple forces it users to only go through them although the courts have upheld this.  Developers that want to create apps for Apple products have no choice, they are locked into the model.  It goes against the ideal of a free market.  At least the courts upheld jailbreaking.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 3 Aug 2018

Would it be possible to sell modules for UNA outside of the UNA market? 

Yes. They just won't be appearing in Storefront in UNA Studio. 

Is it possible for end users to upload modules to their site by ftp and install them in the studio?  

Yes. That's what we do with "tailored"  apps developed for specific projects with unique functionality.

We don't plan to limit what you can do with your site, and UNA is an MIT licenced open-source platform. UNA Market is more controlled, but that's a good thing - more reliable for non-technical users. 

Heart Head Hands
Quote · 5 Aug 2018

Nice to hear from you Andrew.

Perhaps a more often reply or shoutout would ease some of the angst among we, the site developers & users.

I've been in sort of limbo mode with the site we've been working on as I am hesitant to do anything until I know if development dollars should be spent on the existing dolphin site or in transitioning to UNA.

Its still a very nebulous & confusing conversation on the differences and advantages of one over the other. (kind of like CommonCore Math Wink).

With all the input I'd say I prefer a solid single focus and incorporate all positives (eliminating long discussed negatives) and having one platform, as in merging dolphin into UNA or vice versa. A clear and well articulated path with a more definite timeline of execution by Boonex would be greatly welcomed.

Look forward to more....

Would it be possible to sell modules for UNA outside of the UNA market? 

Yes. They just won't be appearing in Storefront in UNA Studio. 

Is it possible for end users to upload modules to their site by ftp and install them in the studio?  

Yes. That's what we do with "tailored"  apps developed for specific projects with unique functionality.

We don't plan to limit what you can do with your site, and UNA is an MIT licenced open-source platform. UNA Market is more controlled, but that's a good thing - more reliable for non-technical users. 

Quote · 6 Aug 2018

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.