Need some help with ugly template colors (see attachment)

I have used a program to get the color code for the dreaded pink color that plagues all my photo/sounds/video uploaded and enter information for it and used grep to seach the entire http directory which it found nothing... This elusive pink (and white for the logon box page) are very hard for me to find.. thus I haven't been able to fix them...

I need help on which files and hopefully code blocks I can edit to get these colors to compliment my current black colors of my website.

see attachment for .jpg pics of how utterly horrible these two problem are...

hopefully you can get me to the right files and locations to edit them.

eeww pink and white.zip · 59.1K · 379 downloads
Quote · 3 Mar 2011

I can't tell you what file to look at because you have your css cache turned on. But for the login in page you need to find:  .controlsDiv

and replace the background-color:#FFFFFF with something like background-color:#212121

Give me something to believe in...
Quote · 3 Mar 2011

i searched common.css and did not find any occurance of .controlsDiv so it must be non existant in the file or in some other file

Quote · 3 Mar 2011

I have made numerous changes in my template and the best tool to use for this is the Firebug addon for Firefox.  It will help you find the code for visual elements - text color and font, background color, etc - as well as play with values in the page directly so you can see the changes and later make them in the code.  Turn all caching off in admin and clear it often.  You may also need to clear the browser cache on your computer to see any code change you make.

Whenever possible edit the css of your template, not the base template, which is where you will often see the code that controls the element you want to change.  This way updates made to Dolphin core code won't generally affect your site unless the change is something you haven't already set in your template.  Also realize that some visual elements are in html and not css.  Again, edit the html of your template.  Some elements can be tricky to find, but it can be done.  Best of luck.

Someday, Someway.
Quote · 3 Mar 2011

/templates/base/css/forms_adv.css   but i think it might be hard coded in a php file some where or   the data base    <div style="width: 800px; background-color: rgb(255, 218, 218);" id="accepted_files_block"> perhaps somebody can point you to  accepted_files_block or this is the code for the color you want to change #FFDADA;  if found in a css file

happy thoughts

Quote · 3 Mar 2011

Edit login box

templates/base/css/general.css

.controlsDiv
{
clear:both;
margin:10px auto;
background-color:#ffffff;
width:326px;
}

Quote · 3 Mar 2011

aweseome thanks very much i killed two of the dreaded whitey and pinkies...

now i got a pink bar problem. says ffcccc and when i go to replace them in files all hell breaks loose on the buttons and the pink bar for uploading video processing is still there... ergh..

Quote · 10 Mar 2011

look here

inc/classes/BxDolFilesUploader.php

Find this:

/***************************************************************************
****************************Semi-common functions****************************
****************************************************************************/
function _GenMainAddCommonForm($aExtras = array(), $aUploaders = array()) {

and this line

<div style="background-color:#ffdada;" id="accepted_files_block"></div>

Quote · 11 Mar 2011

Yes i found it with grep.. there are a few more pinkies that i can't find i'll post some pics later.. like on the upload status bar.. pink text and pink background.

pink check mark boxes as well.. thanks i would never have been able to do this without your help

Quote · 12 Mar 2011

yEAH I got rid of all that dreaded PINK!! BUT

I can not seem to change the text color for typing in windows from light gray to black or blue.

I did a grep search and replace and cleared all the caches. but still am plagued with that light gray text color that is very hard to read.

any ideas on where to find and change it.. it appears almost everywhere.

Quote · 13 Mar 2011

common.css

In the body section.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 13 Mar 2011

For those people looking for real help on changing this then here it is

If you want to get rid of that nasty pink color from your upload pages then just edit your

swf_upload_integration.html file found in /templates/base

Do a search for

<div id="accepted_files_block" style="width: 800px; background-color:#ffdada;"></div>

Then enter any color code you like in place of #ffdada

Then go to inc/classes and edit BxDolFilesUploader

Do the same search as above looking for

<div id="accepted_files_block" style="width: 800px; background-color:#ffdada;"></div>

Then change #ffdada to the same color you used on swf_upload_integration.html

It's really just that simple. I have no idea why all these people have to make it so difficult to do one simple task.

Quote · 26 Oct 2011

considering you are replying to a 8 month old post, i think this was resolved 6 months ago, but im sure somebody can use the suggestion you provided. 

BTW, how do you presume one would 'just search' for these strings? 

If you want to get rid of that nasty pink color from your upload pages then just edit your

Do a search for

It's really just that simple. I have no idea why all these people have to make it so difficult to do one simple task.

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 26 Oct 2011

Resolved 6 months ago really? Because I see no resolve posted here so what are you using a secret form to post the resolution on? If you can't share the fix you have found with the community in detail then no sense in posting period and that's enough said about that.

And if you have to ask the question how do you presume one would 'just search' for these strings? Then you probably shouldn't be messing with your code to begin with.

considering you are replying to a 8 month old post, i think this was resolved 6 months ago, but im sure somebody can use the suggestion you provided. 

BTW, how do you presume one would 'just search' for these strings? 

Do a search for

Quote · 26 Oct 2011

It was probably resolved when the member was permanently suspended.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 26 Oct 2011

Yeah, seems I remember that incident and I have to tell you, that template he was working on looked like a hacked copy of one that's for sale in the market.

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 27 Oct 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.