Problems on the Join and contact us Submissions

Hi.

An user of my website www.meetwebclub.com say that he have problems to make a new account on the join and the contact us when the user try to do use these forms the code number that have to appear say thata have an error on producing the security image. What can I do to fix that error and make my users join the website normally ?

Regards.

Quote · 1 Aug 2013

do you have your captcha keys?

caredesign.net
Quote · 1 Aug 2013

Hi.

I never use these captcha keys, I just moved my hosting and now having some problems.

What can i do in these case now ?

Quote · 1 Aug 2013

You do have captcha. You are using a 3 step join process and the captcha is showing at the last step (his site is Dolphin 7.0.x).

Change the permission of your simg folder to 777 and the problem should be solved. The simg folder is found immediately in your Dolphin root directory.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 1 Aug 2013

Hi.

I just change the simg folder to 777 on properties and now the image on the contac-us page on the website appears with a broken image, it doesnt read now. What else can I do to fix that problem ?

Quote · 1 Aug 2013

Also change the permissions of the simg/images folder to 777.

Hi.

I just change the simg folder to 777 on properties and now the image on the contac-us page on the website appears with a broken image, it doesnt read now. What else can I do to fix that problem ?

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 2 Aug 2013

Hi.

Does it have another change that I have to do ? I change the images to 777 and the image on the captcha at the contact-us page on the website is still broken.

Quote · 3 Aug 2013

My recommendation is to remove the captcha and put in a security question; such as , what is the colour of the sky, or a maths question.  For the contact us, you have to edit the contact.php file.

See this example for adding a question to the join form.

http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/D7-1-Simple-Spam-Bot-Stopper.htm

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 3 Aug 2013

Hi.

I contact the host supporting and they are asked me for more information like that:

I was not seeing any evidence of a Captcha on the Join page. Is that could be temporarily disable? On the contact us page the only error I was seeing was due to some incorrect permissions on a background image. The plugin does indicate that it is unable to generate the image, but wasn't giving any further information. Is this a separate plugin or one built into Dolphin ? Are you aware of any specific requirements for this to function as expected ?

Could you answer for me whats the problems to fix it ?

Regards.

Quote · 5 Aug 2013

Hi.

I contact the host supporting and they are asked me for more information like that:

I was not seeing any evidence of a Captcha on the Join page. Is that could be temporarily disable? On the contact us page the only error I was seeing was due to some incorrect permissions on a background image. The plugin does indicate that it is unable to generate the image, but wasn't giving any further information. Is this a separate plugin or one built into Dolphin ? Are you aware of any specific requirements for this to function as expected ?

Could you answer for me whats the problems to fix it ?

Regards.

First thing, you posted this in D6, your using D7.0.x.

Do you have GD installed or imagemagik?

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 5 Aug 2013

Please visit http://meetwebclub.com/administration/host_tools.php

and post your audit please...

Quote · 5 Aug 2013

Do you have GD installed

Your looking at a list like this...

• allow_url_fopen = On - OK
  • allow_url_include = Off - OK
  • magic_quotes_gpc = Off - OK
  • memory_limit = 536870912 - OK
  • post_max_size = 1048576000 - OK
  • upload_max_filesize = 1048576000 - OK
  • register_globals = Off - OK
  • safe_mode = Off - OK
  • short_open_tag = On - OK
  • disable_functions = - OK
  • php module: curl = curl - OK
  • php module: gd = gd - OK
  • php module: mbstring = mbstring - OK
  • php module: xsl = xsl - OK
  • php module: json = json - OK
  • php module: openssl = openssl - OK
  • php module: mysqli = mysqli - OK
  • php module: ftp = ftp - OK
Quote · 5 Aug 2013

Also...

I was not seeing any evidence of a Captcha on the Join page. Is that could be temporarily disable?

your join form is in several pages.. the security image is on the last page.

Quote · 5 Aug 2013

Please read this post.

http://www.boonex.com/forums/?action=goto&search=1#topic/Dolphin-7-Captcha-Security-Image.htm

Quote · 5 Aug 2013

Ok, thank you newton and community people, I will see how to fix the problem with your tips now

and sorry about my wrong post because I didnt remember whats the version of the Dolphin the

hosting server have. (its not mine).

Quote · 5 Aug 2013

Hi again.

The only issue that the hosting saw is in the host_tools.php page is that the ffmpeg.exe file is not executable.

That file is a symlink to the server's ffmpeg which was not installed.

Do you have some information about how to set, install and how the dolphin use that ? I think is for the videos too right ?

I am interesting in know how can run, upload and download videos using these. Is that a way to setup a bigger than 100 Mega of video ?

Regards.

Quote · 6 Aug 2013

In Host Tools there is a link to see your php info.  Click on that and you can see what limits have been set in php.ini for file upload size and file post size, etc.  Those limits control what file size for the videos; the size in the backend for videos will set it as well, but if the php limit is below what you set in the video module, then that limit has no affect.

Navigate to the ffmpeg file in Dolphin, that is the one that Dolphin uses.  Change the permissions to 777, you can do this using the control panel for your hosting or a FTP client.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 6 Aug 2013

Hi.

I have these information on the admintools host params:

Name Value Recommended
Different settings
register globals Off Off
safe mode Off Off
disabled functions    
memory limit 128M 128M
max execution time 300 300
post_max_size 128M 128M or more
upload max filesize 128M 128M or more
allow_url_fopen On On
allow_url_include (for php > 5.2) Off Off
mbstring installation mbstring extension installed Installed
PHP version 5.2.16 4.4.0/5.1.0 and higher
SQL Client library version 5.0.96 4.1.2 and higher
Installed apache modules Can`t evaluate installed modules  
Operating system Linux vps.meetwebclub.com 2.6.18-308.8.2.el5.028stab101.1ent #1 SMP Sun Jun 24 21:48:02 MSD 2012 i686 Unix / Linux / Windows
Flash ffmpeg settings
ffmpeg output ffmpeg version 2.0 built on Aug 10 2013 03:05:05 with gcc 4.1.2 (GCC) 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-54) configuration: --enable-shared --disable-yasm libavutil 52. 38.100 / 52. 38.100 libavcodec 55. 18.102 / 55. 18.102 libavformat 55. 12.100 / 55. 12.100 libavdevice 55. 3.100 / 55. 3.100 libavfilter 3. 79.101 / 3. 79.101 libswscale 2. 3.100 / 2. 3.100 libswresample 0. 17.102 / 0. 17.102  

Quote · 10 Aug 2013

I have these information on the admintools host params:

I would consider raising the max_execution_time higher if the videos still do not finish processing.

We all need to remember now with 7.1.x and HTML5 player, the videos must be encoded via h264, which almost can triple the processing time for a video, audio is also processed but much faster; if you have a 800MB music mix, the process will also be long for it.

Quote · 11 Aug 2013

Hi.

I will try to upload some videos on h264 to see how it goes but I have some videos with more than an hour and I dont know if they can be uploaded. I also ask for the hosting support for the catchas and they say that:

I have checked your VPS and found that TTF is not enabled with PHP which is why you are probably facing this issue. We will have to recompile Apache/PHP on your server with TTF support. Please note that you have PHP 4.x installed too which has reached end of life. If I recompile Apache/PHP, you will lose PHP 4.x on your VPS. Please confirm.

So I think I will lose the PHP4.x I dont know if the website will run well withou it, In your opinion what else can I ask to the support to do for me ?

My Best Regards.

Quote · 11 Aug 2013

Please note that you have PHP 4.x installed too which has reached end of life. If I recompile Apache/PHP, you will lose PHP 4.x on your VPS. Please confirm.

Taken from above..

PHP version 5.2.16

Where are they seeing that?

You need to upgrade if you can, and that they are saying that.

If I may ask; who is your host?

Quote · 12 Aug 2013

Hi.

Its ok, Im hosting on jaguarpc.com, they are very good on the support too.

The only thing i dont know is that my network community website will run well withou the php4.x.

Regards.

Gabriel

Quote · 12 Aug 2013

The only thing i dont know is that my network community website will run well withou the php4.x.

It won't run, but you're misunderstanding what is going on, you won't lose PHP, your only "upgrading" it.

Quote · 13 Aug 2013

Yes ! Its ok now, the hosting upgrade my PhP to 5.X recompiled and intalled the TTF with GD and now the captchas is finally working well.

Thank you all for the tips and support.

My Best.

Gabriel.

Quote · 14 Aug 2013

Hello,

I am new in dolphins platform .can anyone suggest where is the code for login and join now section on front end ..i searched alot  but i cant get to edit.

Quote · 18 May 2017

Are you talking about the popup box ?

Hello,

I am new in dolphins platform .can anyone suggest where is the code for login and join now section on front end ..i searched alot  but i cant get to edit.

Quote · 18 May 2017

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.