Release of 7.1 B2 -Trac

Should we interpret this as soon as the remaining 14 active tickets are solved 7.1 B2 is released?

There seem to be so many new bugs found and I wonder if we keep some for B3. I can live with a few bugs but current 7.1 B1 seems to hold too many.

http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/milestone/Dolphin%207.1.0.B2

7.1 My favorite number
Quote · 30 Nov 2012

If no other issues are found, the next beta should come out shortly after all tracked issues are resolved.  But keep in mind someone could discover a new bug at any time, and they may need to add another report to the tracker.

I don't know about a third beta.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 30 Nov 2012

Not bad, alot of bugs fixed. Im ultra glad I didnt use the Beta yet

Quote · 4 Dec 2012

Yea, ßeta 2 tomorrow! A lot of good fixes... less bugs.

Quote · 4 Dec 2012

Beta 2 is tommorow? Really?

Quote · 4 Dec 2012

Yeah, Trac indicates so...

Quote · 4 Dec 2012

Dolphin will always buggy.. look back at all the other versions.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 4 Dec 2012

It says 85 percent. How do you know its tommorow?

Quote · 4 Dec 2012

They changed the date....

$aConf = array(); 
44       $aConf['release'] = '05.11.12'; 
  44     $aConf['release'] = '05.12.12'; 
45 45     $aConf['iVersion'] = '7.1'; 
46       $aConf['iPatch'] = '0'; // B1 
  46     $aConf['iPatch'] = '0'; // B2 
47 47     $aConf['dolFile'] = '../inc/header.inc.php'; 
48 48     $aConf['confDir'] = '../inc/'; 

It says 85 percent. How do you know its tommorow?

Quote · 4 Dec 2012

Beta 2 is tommorow? Really?

Yep, 12/5/2012. I am ready. I have hammered the hell out of ßeta 1 and broke it a couple of times. This has helped me learn the working of this software, which I needed. I have been messing with it since late 2007, but really learning how it works takes time. Now I am ready to attack ßeta 2!

b2.png · 5.2K · 630 views
Quote · 5 Dec 2012

Is it coming out today? Is it safe to use Beta 2 when its released? I see major bugs have been found and fixed, nearly 100.

Quote · 5 Dec 2012

I'd love if they released B2 today. Even tomorrow!
However, seeing is believing and I see nothing new.

12 Active of which 10 is classified as Major

5 is Mobile related
2 is Avatar related
1 IE8
1 Russing language (enhancement)
1 Aksimet

Doesn't sound critical to me. Release the B2 and get some more hands and feet working on the bugs. The developers are loosing money since users aren't willing to invest in mods while we're in limbo mode.

7.1 My favorite number
Quote · 5 Dec 2012

When ß2 is released, if everyone upgrades, it will cut down on all the repeat posts of issues that have already been posted here. It is still beyond me why folks come here and post the same problem or question that has already been answered. SEARCH first. It's a simple function of this forum.

Quote · 5 Dec 2012

People just dont know what has been fixed and what not. They just dont want to search the forums...crazy. I think it is time to release Beta 2 so that we can have a fresh start with bug finding. Things are becoming too repetive now.

Quote · 5 Dec 2012

Is it coming out today? Is it safe to use Beta 2 when its released? I see major bugs have been found and fixed, nearly 100.

No major issues at all, i am using bet2 already as live site.

Quote · 5 Dec 2012

No major issues at all, i am using bet2 already as live site.

I may grab latest SVN tonight if B2 isn't on the download link.

Quote · 5 Dec 2012

I dont understand, Prolaznik uses B2 but there is no download link? Im abit confused. It still says beta 1 in the download area

Quote · 5 Dec 2012

I dont understand, Prolaznik uses B2 but there is no download link? Im abit confused. It still says beta 1 in the download area

No, no download link. You just apply all the changes manually

Milestone: Dolphin 7.1.0.B2

(NOT RECOMMENDED) if you're new to this

Quote · 5 Dec 2012

So would it be safe to replace all beta files with these http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/browser/branches/7.1

to get Beta2?

Quote · 5 Dec 2012

no, there are db changes too.

Quote · 5 Dec 2012

So would it be safe to replace all beta files with these http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/browser/branches/7.1

to get Beta2?

No. There are language key and other database changes. You can't just replace files.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 5 Dec 2012

When beta 2 is officially released there will be a download.

Guess today is not the day. They must have been delayed by something.

One of the reasons i strongly discourage the announcement of dates. It gets peoples hopes up, and when it does not happen they get angry.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 5 Dec 2012

after couple tickets closed, the last SVN revision @ 1:30am says "code cleanup" so I pulled it.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 5 Dec 2012

I did the same. All upgrade files are there ß1 to ß2. I have a full server backup, so nothing to loose.

Quote · 6 Dec 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.