Remove flash welcome sign in D7

I just installed D7 RC and is wondering whether anyone here knows how to remove the flash banner that says "Welcome to the community" It's overlaying over my graphic. I am assuming this is a flash file somewhere but I can't find it. Thanks!

Quote · 23 Nov 2009

Woops misread..

Nothing to see here
Quote · 23 Nov 2009

Flash banner does two things:

1.  When you are not logged in it will show the Welcome to the community, which you can change via language settings.

2.  When you do login, the banner changes and shows your portrait along with Hello, <username>!

I don't know if you have to mess with the swf to remove it, if you do then you can't remove it as we don't have editing rights to swf.

Quote · 23 Nov 2009

I need the path to the swf. I know it's somewhere. I don't think it's will be an issue with licensing. It's just look and feel of the website. Anyone?

Quote · 23 Nov 2009

If your goal is to remove the semi-transparent bar at the bottom of the promo area that has the text "Welcome to the community" and the Join and Logon buttons, then a simple CSS change is all that is needed.

File templates/base/css/index.css

Find #indexPhotoLabel at around line 81 and add this css.

display: none;

Sorry, just edited to change the line number. Line 81, not 91.

I forgot to mention. It's not a flash file, it's just a simple <DIV> that overlays the promo area.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 23 Nov 2009

If your goal is to remove the semi-transparent bar at the bottom of the promo area that has the text "Welcome to the community" and the Join and Logon buttons, then a simple CSS change is all that is needed.

File templates/base/css/index.css

Find #indexPhotoLabel at around line 81 and add this css.

Sorry, just edited to change the line number. Line 81, not 91.

I forgot to mention. It's not a flash file, it's just a simple <DIV> that overlays the promo area.

Is it possible to be specific to witch ligne we had to add it ? Am using a paid template instead of uni .

Thanks

here is the code can u tell me where i have to add it :

#indexPhotoLabel  {
height:82px;
line-height:82px;
position:absolute;
bottom:0px;
width:100%;
z-index:1;
background:transparent url(../images/opSplash.png) repeat-x scroll left top;
}

Proud Hosted by Zarconia.net
Quote · 4 Jan 2010

is it possible to be specific to witch ligne we had to add it ? Am using a paid template instead of uni .

Thanks

#indexPhotoLabel  {
}

Where did you get this code? Because display: none; is already there.

Quote · 4 Jan 2010

is it possible to be specific to witch ligne we had to add it ? Am using a paid template instead of uni .

Thanks

#indexPhotoLabel  {
}

LOL never mind i put it by mistake there man , so am not sure if that the right place because i try it too many time and it didn't work

Proud Hosted by Zarconia.net
Quote · 4 Jan 2010

Thanks

#indexPhotoLabel  {
}

LOL never mind i put it by mistake there man , so am not sure if that the right place because i try it too many time and it didn't work

Jsut go on the main page of the admin. and clear the tempalte cache after you change the code and uploaded.
this wil surely work.

Quote · 18 Jan 2010

Wow talk about necroing a very old post.

Quote · 18 Jan 2010

Wow! That really does work too.

#indexPhotoLabel {
display: none;   (this should then become Line 82)

Whwn you have uploaded this back to your server goto Admin and Clean Templates and Clean js/css

Guaranteed to work

Cheer

Quote · 1 Feb 2010

Very helpful posts....

Rgds,

Fazal Gafoor

Quote · 13 Feb 2010

i dont want to remove the bar but remove the images and keep just the grey bar with welcome and login sign up  can anyone tell how to remove the flash images and keep th grey bar

http://lookscarpy.x10.mx Social network dedicated to carp anglers
Quote · 20 May 2010

i dont want to remove the bar but remove the images and keep just the grey bar with welcome and login sign up  can anyone tell how to remove the flash images and keep th grey bar

Getting rid of the promo images and keeping the bar with the buttons on it is quite easy.

Step 1) Delete all of your promo images.

Step 2) Edit templates\base\css\index.css at around line 136.

Look for this.

#indexPhoto {
border:1px solid #FFFFFF;
cursor:pointer;
height:262px;
overflow:hidden;

}

Replace height:262px; with height: 82px;

Thats it. Should get you want you want.

Quote · 20 May 2010

Awesome! Thanks deano92964 Cool

Quote · 7 Nov 2010

Or just take out the image url and keep the TEXT if u like

#indexPhotoLabel {

Quote · 8 Mar 2012

I like the placement of the banner, but would like to change the wording. How can I find the div file to change the wording of "Welcome to the community" to something else?

Quote · 26 Apr 2012

That Welcome to the community! you will find in the language section in admin. The text can be different for each installed language in dolphin. As with most text in dolphin.

Dolphin admin under settings -> Languages Settings.

Go to the manage keys area, type Welcome to the in the filter box and click apply. The key it's in will appear and you can then edit the contents of that key to change the wording.

Quote · 26 Apr 2012

I would like to completely remove the bar from the promo box but would like to keep the Join/Login Buttons only.

I would prefer it if I could move the buttons just above or below the promo box. Is any of this possible?

I have spent several hours searching for the answer but none to be found.

Quote · 29 Apr 2012

I would like to completely remove the bar from the promo box but would like to keep the Join/Login Buttons only.

I would prefer it if I could move the buttons just above or below the promo box. Is any of this possible?

I have spent several hours searching for the answer but none to be found.

Hi again, doesn’t anyone have any ideas here? If not is there any way to strip everything but the Join/Login Buttons from the promo box. Even this would be adequate for now until I can find a way to move the buttons. I am using the promo box for client Ads and the bar at the bottom is negatively impacting the promo clock.

Quote · 30 Apr 2012

That will require source changes that someone with time will have to research and write-up code for. so it will take a while for you to get an answer.

There is not way to remove everything except the buttons either without code rewrites. The only current way is to hide that bottom section, but that hides the buttons also because the buttons are in that div.

Quote · 30 Apr 2012

Thanks for the relpy deano , hopefully someone can come up with a solution. Regards

Quote · 30 Apr 2012

Thanks for the relpy deano , hopefully someone can come up with a solution. Regards

Is this what you want? Demo here.

http://demo.deanbassett.com/

Quote · 1 May 2012

Yes, that looks great.Can you tell me your secret?

Is this what you want? Demo here.

http://demo.deanbassett.com/

Quote · 2 May 2012

To do that. Do the following. This is for dolphin 7.0.9. May not work in previous versions.

Edit templates\base\scripts\BxBaseIndexPageView.php

Look for the following code near the end of the file at about line 485

$sCode .= <<<EOF
            <div id="indexPhotoBorder">
                <div id="indexPhotoLabel">
                    {$sWelcomeElement}
                    {$sLoginSection}
                </div>
                <div id="indexPhoto" onclick="location='{$sPromoLink}'">
                    {$sImagesEls}
                </div>
            </div>
EOF;
        }
        return $sCode;

Now modify it.
Section marked in RED is to be removed, and section Marked in GREEN is to be added.

$sCode .= <<<EOF
            <div id="indexPhotoBorder">
                <div id="indexPhotoLabel">
                    {$sWelcomeElement}
                    {$sLoginSection}
                </div>
                <div id="indexPhoto" onclick="location='{$sPromoLink}'">
                    {$sImagesEls}
                </div>
            </div>
EOF;
        }

if(!isMember()) {
            $sCode .= <<<EOF
            <div style="width: 998px; position: relative; height: 40px; margin-bottom: 12px;">
            {$sLoginSection}
            </div>
EOF;
        }

return $sCode;

Now modifiy templates/base/css/index.css At about line at about line 126 look for this.

div.sys_promo div.sys_tm_actions {
       margin: 0px 30px 20px 0px;
       float: none;
    }

Change it to this.

div.sys_promo div.sys_tm_actions {
       margin: 0px;
       float: none;
    }

Thats it. Pretty simple.

Quote · 2 May 2012

Simple for individuals like yourselves;  A nightmare for individuals like me. I can’t express my gratitude enough to all who respond and assist the likes of me.  

I had to make a couple of small adjustments to prevent the buttons form overlapping the promo block but the fix works great.

if(!isMember()) {
$sCode .= <<<EOF
<div style="width: 998px; position: relative; height: 50px; margin-bottom: 2px;">
{$sLoginSection}
</div>
EOF;

Thank you very much. Now onto the next fix.

Regards,

Quote · 2 May 2012

Simple for individuals like yourselves;  A nightmare for individuals like me. I can’t express my gratitude enough to all who respond and assist the likes of me.  

I had to make a couple of small adjustments to prevent the buttons form overlapping the promo block but the fix works great.

if(!isMember()) {
$sCode .= <<<EOF
<div style="width: 998px; position: relative; height: 50px; margin-bottom: 2px;">
{$sLoginSection}
</div>
EOF;

Thank you very much. Now onto the next fix.

Regards,

You should not have needed to make that adjustment. Did the CSS change take effect? I forgot to mention the dolphin cache has to be cleared when makeing changes to the CSS files.

I have a fealing once you do clear your cache for other reasons you will have to go back and fix that again.

Quote · 2 May 2012

I have been doing a number of updates, adjustments, etc and clearing cashe. Everything appears to be in working order so far.

Quote · 2 May 2012

Has the procedure for hiding / removing the welcome banner changed in the newest version of Dolphin?

I have opened both the index.css and the BxBaseIndexPageView.php mentioned above and cannot find a reference to either of the text mentioned to make the modifications.

Quote · 15 Sep 2013

Has the procedure for hiding / removing the welcome banner changed in the newest version of Dolphin?

I have opened both the index.css and the BxBaseIndexPageView.php mentioned above and cannot find a reference to either of the text mentioned to make the modifications.

Yes, you can select it to be shown on all pages, or not at all..

[edit] yoursite.com/administration/basic_settings.php

bottom of that page.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 15 Sep 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.