Rooms in chat cannot be removed

I tried to translate the welcome message from the installed rooms 'lobby' and 'friends' directly in the database.

That doesn't work, I mean ... it doesn't show on my website.

Than I deleted those 2 rooms from the database, but they still show on my website.

I created a new 'Lobby' with a new welcome message (in dutch) and that room shows on my website.

So there obviously is a problem with managing chat rooms.

Quote · 5 Feb 2010

Hello

After RMS is started all rooms are managed through it. So you should remove rooms only through chat admin means: click "key" button next to room name and click "Delete" button in the room dialog. That will remove the room. But if you already have removed them from database, then you can just restart your RMS server and chat will show only rooms that exist in the database.

Quote · 8 Feb 2010

Hi Rayz,

I'm talking about the 2 standard rooms that come with the script : lobby and friends. Since I couldn't translate them, I just removed them from the database.

So I should ask my host to restart the RMS server now ?

Quote · 8 Feb 2010

confirmed they are removable from the database under the table RayChatRooms with ownerID 0 you can remove them from the database.

Hi Rayz,

I'm talking about the 2 standard rooms that come with the script : lobby and friends. Since I couldn't translate them, I just removed them from the database.

So I should ask my host to restart the RMS server now ?

the rooms are not bound to the RMS, the rooms are in the database, and you can remove them from the database i do believe, i will go and look at that now.

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 12 Feb 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.