SMTP Mailer suddenly started failing?!?!

Please help

My SMTP mailer has been working without a hitch for a while since i sorted the website, and the past couple of days it has been failing to send emails out and im recieving bounce back notifications for email addresses on my own server ?

i went onto the Mailer to check the settings and every test message i try to send is failing.....

Please help!?

All for one and one for all....ah sod it who am i kidding!
Quote · 30 Aug 2013

You may have to contact your host. What ever SMTP server you have the mailer configured to send mail to is either down or not accepting mail.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 30 Aug 2013

Thanks Deano,

i have submitted a ticket to cpanel as this is not the first time i have had issues with the mail server

and mi checking all the settings now to make sure no filters are on or restrictions.

its highly irritating.

Quote · 30 Aug 2013

post the error messages.

Quote · 30 Aug 2013

SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: chris.kendall@voiceartistsunited.com

Quote · 30 Aug 2013

its the same for all emails sent from the SMTP yet if i uncheck the use smtp it works, yet the details have not changed at all, and it was working fine !

Quote · 30 Aug 2013

I had a look in the smtp log and found this 

Fri, 30 Aug 13 00:01:03 +0400Mailer Error (support@hearchrisnow.com): SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: support@hearchrisnow.com<p>SMTP server error: Verification failed for <no-reply@voiceartistsunited.com>
550-No such person at this address"
550 Sender verify failed
</p>

yet I have tried several test emails since then and every address is failing.
Quote · 30 Aug 2013

its the same for all emails sent from the SMTP yet if i uncheck the use smtp it works, yet the details have not changed at all, and it was working fine !

The SMTP module can be used to send mail through a different mail server than the one on the server.  If you turn off SMTP, then it will send the emails out through the default mail server on the server; which seems to be the case with you.  Check the settings in the SMTP module.  You can try pinging the mail server that you have listed in the SMTP.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 30 Aug 2013

It sounds as if they may have changed the mail server settings to handle relaying mail.  Notice it said that verification failed for no-reply@voiceartistsunited.com; they are only going to allow a real person to send mail through the server.  It checks to see if no-reply existed, it did not so they rejected the mail.  Try creating an account, no-reply@voiceartistsunited.com and see if that solves the issue. 

If people do reply to the no-reply, set up an auto-repsonder that returns with; "This email was sent to a box that is not monitored and no one will see it" or some such thing.  You can then just dump the emails in the mail box from time to time.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 30 Aug 2013

Thanks GeekGirl - I discovered that after looking through that log properly and yes that IS the fix for the issue!

Quote · 31 Aug 2013

Not for me. I changed to my regular email address and it still fails.

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 28 Dec 2013

Please help

My SMTP mailer has been working without a hitch for a while since i sorted the website, and the past couple of days it has been failing to send emails out and im recieving bounce back notifications for email addresses on my own server ?

i went onto the Mailer to check the settings and every test message i try to send is failing.....

Please help!?

that's strange something with me, I Im not getting any email notifications such as new member joining. this started to happen like 2 days ago out of the blue...

Quote · 28 Dec 2013

I am having the same issue. What is weird is I don't think it's my smtp mod. I think it has something to do with changes to how spam email is being handled and the term 'noreply@' or no-reply@' or admin@. I am investigating further.

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 28 Dec 2013

any update on this?, i have done no changes but somehow all email notifications stopped.

Quote · 30 Dec 2013

A follow-up just in case someone is dealing with the same issue...

I'm my host did a test because everything was fine on their end. it turns out that when e-mails were forwarded to my hotmail it was being blocked by Hotmail its self. I guess hotmail was blocking the hosting company I use. They sent hotmail an email or something because withing 2-3 hours i was able to get email notifications again.

Quote · 30 Dec 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.