The Admiunistrator has been deleted what do I do?

Since I register with Dolphin, many spammers has invaded the site. We simply screen them, ban them, inform them and delete them. When ever we try to delete one it becomes impossible to get deleted so we have to refresh and delete and refresh again and then he is deleted.

The not so funny thing is that, when ever we tic them in order to ban them and start the process the Administrators Box is ticked automatically as well along with the person we would like to ban for no obvious  reason.

As a consequence we always re-tic the admins box in order to clear it before we ban anyone from the members area. ALL OF IT UP TO NOW.

By mistake we have deleted the Administrators box along with a spammer and although we  have another person as an administrator with the admins rights we want our Administrators environment back as it had access everywhere  and we would like to solve the mystery with the automatic ticked box. Is this a bag or a sabotage?

Quote · 1 Jun 2011

Create a new account with any name..

enter your phpmyAdmin database for your dolphin install.. find "Profiles" click edit.

Look for "Role" should be "1" in the field... change this to "3" and save.

Go back to site and login with new account.. after you login to site directly enter this into address bar 

www.yoursite.com/administration/ sign in and you should be good to go..

[EDIT] your admin "crown" will appear when you navigate back to main page of site

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 1 Jun 2011

Fantastic... I did not now that it will be so boring... Thank you ever so much... you have really saved my south!

Thank you again

Pan

Quote · 1 Jun 2011

No problem; I recently did the same thing and had to figure it out.

Now I make a couple duplicate or different accounts and assign several as admins to be safe.

I have to delete so many spammers and sometimes get myself in there somehow!!  LMAO

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 1 Jun 2011

Yeah... Gosh whenever I delete one I tic my self I as well have a couple duplicates now!

What can you do?

Speak to you soon

Quote · 2 Jun 2011

Yeah... Gosh whenever I delete one I tic my self I as well have a couple duplicates now!

What can you do?

Speak to you soon

Pay attention when deleting accounts.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 2 Jun 2011

oh snippity snap, not pay attention, surely you wouldnt expect somebody to pay attention?

What can you do?

Speak to you soon

Pay attention when deleting accounts.

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 3 Jun 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.