Tiny MCE

After backing up my site the editing aspect has lost its wysiwyg. That sounds strange but never the less its disappeared. Is there a simple way to restore it because I've tried reinstalling from the administration module and nothing. What can be done to correct this?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Quote · 11 May 2014

Give us a little more information.  Where did it disappear from?  All areas?  Or were you only using it in one area?  The WYSIWYG is used on comments, blog post editor, and even the description area if one turns on HTML.

What do you mean by backing up?  Backing up a site should not change anything about a site.  How did you back up your site?

TinyMCE is a javascript application.  Are you seeing any other issues that are related to javascript?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 11 May 2014

It disappeared from all areas within the site, there are none anywhere. As for the backing up, I did a backup of the site via the hosting installer bundle "Softaculous" and then there was no tiny_mce anywhere any longer. I've since just unchecked the box in "Advanced Settings" I thought it was a simple glitch and did a reinstall of the plugin itself and nothing still. Although I'm able to type in plain text for some reason the wysiwyg editor doesn't appear in any of the usual places as if it were not installed at all.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Quote · 11 May 2014

The auto installer, Softaculous is known to have many problems. No doubt other parts of the install could be bad.

When did you do the auto install?

It's not logical for the "backup" to affect the site, install yes, but not a backup.

I did a backup of the site via the hosting installer bundle "Softaculous" and then there was no tiny_mce anywhere any longer.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 11 May 2014

I did not know that you could do a back up with Softaculous.  If you can, I would not use it for either installing or backing up a site.  I would back up the database at this point and save a local copy on your computer.

How far along are you in building your site?  Is there content on the site from members?

Quote · 11 May 2014

I did not know that you could do a back up with Softaculous.  If you can, I would not use it for either installing or backing up a site.  I would back up the database at this point and save a local copy on your computer.

How far along are you in building your site?  Is there content on the site from members?

Its been installed for over four months and there's content I've placed there but I haven't released the site to anyone yet. I all other aspects of the site work. The backup completed and then froze. I use the "Softaculous" clone installer to replicate the site into sub-sites but obviously I encounter the same problem on those replicated sites.

Quote · 11 May 2014

The auto installer, Softaculous is known to have many problems. No doubt other parts of the install could be bad.

When did you do the auto install?

It's not logical for the "backup" to affect the site, install yes, but not a backup.

I did a backup of the site via the hosting installer bundle "Softaculous" and then there was no tiny_mce anywhere any longer.

Actually the initial installation went well with no glitches. After the backup of the install to use as a cloner for other future installs I discovered there was no wysiwyg instance.

Quote · 11 May 2014

Quote · 11 May 2014

Well that sucks! Where did my post go Boonex?

Quote · 11 May 2014

You are most likely getting javascript errors.

Have you shut off all of the caching options in dolphin? Primarily the JS cache.

To location the problem your going to have to provide a site URL. Making a backup does not alter site files, so it could not have been the reason. Coincidence.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 11 May 2014

LMAO

Quote · 11 May 2014

You are most likely getting javascript errors.

Have you shut off all of the caching options in dolphin? Primarily the JS cache.

To location the problem your going to have to provide a site URL. Making a backup does not alter site files, so it could not have been the reason. Coincidence.

http://muse.co/

Quote · 11 May 2014

Some where over the rainbow.

Quote · 11 May 2014

Reg by invitation only. You will need to setup a test account for people to look at to try and find the problem.

But start by shutting of JS caching as i mentioned. And clear the cache but leave the caching off.

Quote · 11 May 2014

Reg by invitation only. You will need to setup a test account for people to look at to try and find the problem.

But start by shutting of JS caching as i mentioned. And clear the cache but leave the caching off.

Will allow members for testing now and I've already turned off the JS as well as cleared the cache.

Quote · 11 May 2014

Not sure if this is the problem but i could not find anything else wrong but this.

Your site is missing closing html and body tags. Looks like some custom code having to do with something called piwik

You must have modified your templates _footer.html or _sub_footer.html to put that code in there.

One of those two files is damaged and needs to be restored to it's original.

Quote · 11 May 2014

Will do and see what happens, thanks!

Quote · 11 May 2014

Piwik is a tool for statistics of a site.  It is installed on the server and monitors all the site activity.  If you need help adding the piwik bits let me know as I have set up piwik on Dolphin before.

Quote · 11 May 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.