Video upload error: Undefined file - 200+mb vid

Hi all,

I guess your asking yourself. Why this question again? Well I have not found any solution here with a fix to this error. My sites really need the video upload working.

Uploading 200+mb vids is no problem but when uploaded after a while it says "undefined file" and the file is gone. Not uploaded.

This is my situation

RMS installed on dedicated server at hostforweb

max upload 500mb

max post 500mb

Websites hosted at hostmonster

max upload 300mb

max post 300mb

Does no one have a solution?

I use Dolphin 6.1.2 Free, and 2 sites with Dolphin 6.1.2 Adfree

Quote · 21 Aug 2008

i would have your support on each server look at that while you are pushing files up, as i think you are timing out the machine. or you can login and look at your logs and see what is going on. i dont think its a scripting problem, but i would never upload 200+mb videos.

later,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 23 Aug 2008

Hi all,

I guess your asking yourself. Why this question again? Well I have not found any solution here with a fix to this error. My sites really need the video upload working.

Uploading 200+mb vids is no problem but when uploaded after a while it says "undefined file" and the file is gone. Not uploaded.

This is my situation

RMS installed on dedicated server at hostforweb

max upload 500mb

max post 500mb

Websites hosted at hostmonster

max upload 300mb

max post 300mb

Does no one have a solution?

I use Dolphin 6.1.2 Free, and 2 sites with Dolphin 6.1.2 Adfree

"Undefined File" what type of file are you trying to upload? You might be uploading a file that your "mime type" can not define? Could be a file compatability issue with Ray Player? Could be a "copyright" protected video file which requires the license key to play and ony works on a local machine? Are your Ray Admin Settings correct?

Basically need more information about the "file" rather then the server settings. The file is uploading but not being recognized which first makes me look for file type. Maybe I published a Windows Media File and I can only serve FLV's type of thing...

I know when I personally try to upload "Copyright" protected files I get the "Undefinded File" box! And I understand why.

Quote · 23 Aug 2008

You might consider checking
max_execution_time
max_input_time

If you are trying to upload 200+ mb this is big and it is going to take a while for ffmpeg to convert this large file size. If enough time isn't allowed to process it...error...undefined or similar.

A small video doesn't take nearly as long. And it's possible the file size you are talking about exceeds the max times.

Could also be something else for that matter.

If this is on hostmonster shared hosting, I would be careful how many of these you upload in a time frame close to one another. Do too many large ones too close to one another and I wouldn't be surprised if they warn you citing a violation of cpu resources being used. I could be wrong but I've seen this happen before on other shared hosts.

gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 23 Aug 2008

I would agree with the host for web part. I wouldn't touch them at all.

However since hd4real is talking about Video uploads, I am thinking he is actually referring to movie uploads. Probably confussing Video(profile video) for movie uploads.

I could be wrong on this too, as he is not totally clear or specific.

hd4real...are you talking movie uploads or profile video uploads?

If you are talking movie uploads which I would assume based on popularity, this would rule out rms totally and host for web rms you mention as it would be a local issue then and not a rms issue.

If this is the case then it will be related to the site yoursite in which you are uploading files through. Not rms with host for web as that would be more along the lines of rms profile videos.

If yoursite.com is on hostmonster.com and you are uploading a movie file rms will not matter. But certainly the times I mention will play a big factor. Not only your max uploads allowed but the times.

As sammie says at least 7200 seconds which is 120 mins or 2 hours. Ffmpeg is gonna chew this up and like I said I wouldn't be surprised afer while if you host gets a little ticked off with your cpu usage.

Be sure you have them set right. And have them set larger than the file in question.

Hope that makes sense.

If this is just you trying to add a special video, you can convert it to .flv, upload it and insert it into the database if necessary.

gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 23 Aug 2008

@ DosDawg: thank

@ TheGhost: it's not copyrighted. It's videos of own creations

@ gameutopia & sammie: thanks for the tip. i'll check it out

@ gameutopia: yes, my bad. I mean movie upload

Quote · 23 Aug 2008

i have this problem too...   smile files worket, but big files not..  what can i do?

Quote · 22 May 2009

I have set everything on mine to the lax. Upload file size to 2047, post file size to 2047, set the memory to unlimited (-1), increased max execution, increased script timeout, etc, etc.....

Nothing works. Can't get past the 150M barrier. Have tried with a 171 meg file as well as a 250 meg file. I really need to make this work....

Dawg. I know what you are going to say. .... Some of us like uploading more than 3 minute HD movie. Also O know this is an old post but this issue still exists in 7.0.9

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 16 Aug 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.