WAnt Dolphin 7.1 b2!!

Dolphin 7.1 beta1 is awful. Anyone else wanting BETA2!!

Quote · 9 Nov 2012

Give it time.

That's the point of betas. They are released to find and locate problems. If you cannot accept the problems that come with running betas, then you should not bother to run them.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 9 Nov 2012

You're supposed to test with it, not use it on production sites...  I know BoonEx will be supporting this beta, but it's still... a beta.  Use it for in-development sites and then launch with the final version.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 9 Nov 2012

Agreed.

The problem is, the more i read posts in the forum, the more i believe that most people do not really know what a beta actually is.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 9 Nov 2012

RE:

Agreed.

The problem is, the more i read posts in the forum, the more i believe that most people do not really know what a beta actually is.

I think most problems are self inflicted.  My beta is working just fine.  I haven't found anything seriously wrong yet.... certainly nothing that resembles any of the "URGENT!" problems people are frantically posting about.  It's even running on a server I set up myself (first time ever) with a custom 7.0.9 template I converted to 7.1. 

I usually find problems with new releases in the first 5 seconds after install, but not this time.  Having said this, I will not sit back and wait for the entire site to blow up.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 9 Nov 2012

wow, are this words really coming from HL? Tongue Out

http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/paansystems - your resource for Dolphin Pro
Quote · 9 Nov 2012

Ive got 3 sites in development using 7.1 clean install, not really found much to be concerned about yet. 

Looking forward to some of the mods I own to be updated more than anything else right now!

what are the main problems found so far with 7.1?

Quote · 9 Nov 2012

same here!

RE:

Agreed.

I think most problems are self inflicted.  My beta is working just fine.  I haven't found anything seriously wrong yet.... certainly nothing that resembles any of the "URGENT!" problems people are frantically posting about.  It's even running on a server I set up myself (first time ever) with a custom 7.0.9 template I converted to 7.1. 

I usually find problems with new releases in the first 5 seconds after install, but not this time.  Having said this, I will not sit back and wait for the entire site to blow up.

www.tumundo247.com - www.rampletea.com - www.clasificadosnetwork.com
Quote · 9 Nov 2012

You're supposed to test with it, not use it on production sites...  I know BoonEx will be supporting this beta, but it's still... a beta.  Use it for in-development sites and then launch with the final version.

Yes it is a beta DUH! But it comes with a hugh price increase - this isn't a little bitty $99 piece of software anymore - it is a major investment now and with that comes added responsibility with Boonex.

Quote · 9 Nov 2012

Yes it is a beta DUH! But it comes with a hugh price increase - this isn't a little bitty $99 piece of software anymore - it is a major investment now and with that comes added responsibility with Boonex.

And their responsibility is to churn-out stable final releases.  The idea of a beta is to be a feature-complete release, but not a stable one.  You're supposed to use the beta and test it, so the final release is as solid as it can be.  So feel free to use it on in-development sites, and then launch those sites with the final release.  I wouldn't recommend a beta for a production site, no matter how stable this one seems to be.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 9 Nov 2012

And their responsibility is to churn-out stable final releases.  The idea of a beta is to be a feature-complete release, but not a stable one.  You're supposed to use the beta and test it, so the final release is as solid as it can be.  So feel free to use it on in-development sites, and then launch those sites with the final release.  I wouldn't recommend a beta for a production site, no matter how stable this one seems to be.

Lets hope that Boonex gets the stable version out soon for folks that are paying the higher cost now.

Quote · 9 Nov 2012

RE

wow, are this words really coming from HL? Tongue Out

Shut up

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 9 Nov 2012

LOL, HL, you need some space in that and an accentuation, like this...

SHUT ......  UP!

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 10 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.