can't enter text in join description, html block +

guys I have im still stuck where I cant enter text on html blocks, admin/basic settings the box under SPLASH

I just tried to join and when i got to the description box i was not able to enter text in there. it wont let me click in it. the boxes show up but that about it. 

what to do? where to check for problem?

thanks

Quote · 18 Nov 2012

can't even comment on blogs or forums.. loosing my hair once again....

i did try un-checking js cache but no help

Quote · 18 Nov 2012

Send me URL PM

[edit] lol, I see you just mailed to me..

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 18 Nov 2012

Was able to join site, and fill in description section.

Your flash uploader is throwing Upload Error: 404

"Regular" upload worked, the comment box is not showing the text input box at all, not seen this before.

If both sites are doing the same thing, it's most obvious your server is not configured correct perhaps.

Where did you get your copy of 7.1?

Go under Host Tools and look at the "Audit" of your site, you should see all "OK" tell use what you have missing.

Quote · 18 Nov 2012

Also internal site messaging box is not there, just like your comments.

Quote · 18 Nov 2012

got 7.1 from the link in boonex.com. first time in host tools did not know about it lol

I see numerous warnings, I guess that would be the issue? and my host would have to fix this right? 

ADMIN TOOLS
Audit
·
·

Software requirements

• PHP: 5.2.17 - WARNING (your PHP version is probably outdated, upgrade to the latest 5.3.18 maybe required)
    • allow_url_fopen = On - OK
    • allow_url_include = Off - OK
    • magic_quotes_gpc = On - WARNING (should be = Off)
    • memory_limit = 134217728 - OK
    • post_max_size = 8388608 - WARNING (should be >= 52428800)
    • upload_max_filesize = 8388608 - WARNING (should be >= 52428800)
    • register_globals = Off - OK
    • safe_mode = Off - OK
    • disable_functions = - OK
    • php module: curl = curl - OK
    • php module: gd = gd - OK
    • php module: mbstring = mbstring - OK
    • php module: xsl = xsl - OK
    • php module: json = json - OK
    • php module: openssl = openssl - OK
    • php module: zip = zip - OK
    • php module: ftp = ftp - OK
  • MySQL: 4.1.22-standard - OK
  • Web-server: Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) PHP/5.2.17 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_jk/1.2.23 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_deflate/1.0.21 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634a mod_ssl/2.8.31 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
    • rewrite_module - OK
  • OS: Linux santee.hostforweb.net 2.6.9-101.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Jul 21 17:28:56 EDT 2011 i686

Hardware requirements

Hardware requirements can not be determined automatically - manual server audit may be reqired.

Site setup

• Dolphin version = 7.1.0 - OK
  • files and folders permissions 
    Please click here to find out if dolphin permissions are correct.
  • ffmpeg

if you don't know if output is correct then manual server audit may be reqired.
  • mail sending - click here to send test email to VillaMusical@live.com
  • cronjobs
    You (nobody) are not allowed to use this program (crontab)
    See crontab(1) for more information

if you are unsure if output is correct then manual server audit may be reqired.
  • media server 
    Please follow this link to check media server settings. Also you can try video chat - if video chat is working then most probably that flash media server is working correctly, however it doesn't guarantee that all other flash media server application will work.
  • forums 
    Please follow this link to check if forum is functioning properly. If it is working but '[L[' signs are displayed everywhere, then you need tocompile language file (you maybe be need to compile language file separately for every language and template you have).

Site optimization

• PHP:
    • php accelerator = NO - WARNING (Dolphin can be much faster if you install some php accelator))
    • php setup = apache - OK
  • MySQL:
    • key_buffer_size = 268435456 - OK
    • query_cache_limit = 1048576 - OK
    • query_cache_size = 134217728 - OK
    • query_cache_type = ON - OK
    • max_heap_table_size = 268434432 - OK
    • tmp_table_size = 268435456 - OK
    • thread_cache_size = 192 - OK
  • Web-server:
    • User-side caching for static conten = click here to check it in Google Page Speed 
      If it is not enabled then please consider implement this optimization, since it improve perceived site speed and save the bandwidth, refer to this tutorial on how to do this. 
      To apply this optimization you need to have expires_module Apache module - OK
    • Server-side content compression = can be checked manually or in "Page Speed" tool build-in into browser. 
      If it is not enabled then please consider implement this optimization, since it improve perceived site speed and save the bandwidth, refer to this tutorial on how to do this. 
      To apply this optimization you need to have deflate_module Apache module - OK
  • Dolphin:
    • DB cache = On (File based cache engine) - WARNING (installing php accelerator will speed-up file cache)
    • Page blocks cache = On (File based cache engine) - WARNING (installing php accelerator will speed-up file cache)
    • Member menu cache = On (File based cache engine) - WARNING (installing php accelerator will speed-up file cache)
    • Templates Cache = On (FileHtml based cache engine) - OK
    • CSS files cache = On - OK
    • JS files cache = On - OK
    • Compression for CSS/JS cache = On - OK

Manual Server Audit

Some things can not be determined automatically, manual server audit is required to check it. If you don't know how to do it by yourself you can submit BoonEx Server Audit Request. Also if you are owner of Enterprise package - you have 1 free Server Audit Request.

Quote · 18 Nov 2012

Looks ok,

few things could change.

Are you on shared host?

Maybe Deano will see this today and be able to help more.

But for the same thing to happen on "both" your sites on the same server.. it's the server.

Quote · 18 Nov 2012

yes im on a shared host for now, just emailed them about the warnings..

and yes both are on the same host

Thanks

Quote · 18 Nov 2012

host is working on it i guess specially since i told them its the same problem on both sites...

"Hello,

I am escalating this ticket to our senior staff for further assistance. They will be responding shortly.

Regards,
Dion B."

Quote · 18 Nov 2012

The issues your having problems with should not be caused by what's shown in host tools.

Really the only thing there is the 3 warnings up top. And those would only really affect the size of files you can upload or perhaps sizes of other data you post. Magic quotes used be be needed(previous versions of dolphin), now it is not, but dolphin is written to work either way.

The rest is caching stuff, and is trivial. Not a problem.

So your issues must be caused by something else.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 18 Nov 2012

wow ok, I was almost sure the host was the issue... where should i start looking... both sites were upgraded and have the same issue..

thanks

Quote · 18 Nov 2012

Not sure. I am also not saying it's not a hosting issue. Just those trivial issues would not be the cause.

But, you can find out if it is hosting or not.

Do a fresh clean install of 7.1 in a sub-directory off one of your sites. If it works, then you will know it's not.

Quote · 18 Nov 2012

I just finished doing a fresh install 7.1 (not upgrade) on a sub-domain and got the same problem.

to give you an example in admin/ madules/ news under post news i can enter text in "caption" and "Snippet" but not in "content" ......... the host said that since im running a beta version they cant really support me to find the problem.

Do a fresh clean install of 7.1 in a sub-directory off one of your sites. If it works, then you will know it's not.

Quote · 18 Nov 2012

HTML Blocks and the area you mentioned for the News.(Content) have TinyMCE editors. The other areas such as caption and snippet do not. Seems it may be related to that in some way.

How are you uploading your files?

Quote · 18 Nov 2012

Hello deano, the upgrades were done via Core FTP and i tried the fresh new install today with filezilla ftp

HTML Blocks and the area you mentioned for the News.(Content) have TinyMCE editors. The other areas such as caption and snippet do not. Seems it may be related to that in some way.

How are you uploading your files?

Quote · 18 Nov 2012

my host emailed me saying that everything is fine at their end that if I could tell them what to change they would but they dont know what can be causing the issue... so now I have 2 upgrades to 7.1 that were working fine and one fresh 7.1 install that have the same issue. These are all test site but still :(

I tried re-uploading plugins/tinymce but no change...

Quote · 19 Nov 2012

Are tinyMCE files in other places besides plugins/ that i can look at n try to reupload? 

Quote · 19 Nov 2012

Just plugins.

Try and re-upload. Make very sure that you use binary mode for transfer.

Quote · 19 Nov 2012

If your using firefox, bring up the error console when you go to these pages. See if any javascript errors are occurring.

Quote · 19 Nov 2012

this is all im getting

junk after document element
Source File:
http://xxxxxx.com/get_rss_feed.php?ID=boonex_version&member=0

<b>Warning</b>:  curl_setopt() [<a href='function.curl-setopt'>function.curl-setopt</a>]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in <b>/xxxxxxx/public_html/71/inc/utils.inc.php</b> on line <b>1152</b><br />

If your using firefox, bring up the error console when you go to these pages. See if any javascript errors are occurring.

Quote · 19 Nov 2012

Okay Calling all smart people here im still in the same issue :( help S.O.S ayuda !!

Quote · 19 Nov 2012

example in admin news I cant enter text or click on content box

news builder.jpg · 47K · 332 views
Quote · 19 Nov 2012

oh oh.. sounds like php.ini is messed up or missing something.. curl is an extension, you might want to get someones php.ini and recode it for your site. mines acting up too.. not too many server lessons on here. most of mine works.. if in doubt use rentacoder.com or hire someone here to do the config. It's not that bad. I usually don't eat for a month when i do it. and remember to back everything up

Quote · 20 Nov 2012

PHP.ini? would'nt that be something the host should take care of?

oh oh.. sounds like php.ini is messed up or missing something.. curl is an extension, you might want to get someones php.ini and recode it for your site. mines acting up too.. not too many server lessons on here. most of mine works.. if in doubt use rentacoder.com or hire someone here to do the config. It's not that bad. I usually don't eat for a month when i do it. and remember to back everything up

Quote · 20 Nov 2012

this is all im getting

junk after document element
Source File:
http://xxxxxx.com/get_rss_feed.php?ID=boonex_version&member=0

<b>Warning</b>:  curl_setopt() [<a href='function.curl-setopt'>function.curl-setopt</a>]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in <b>/xxxxxxx/public_html/71/inc/utils.inc.php</b> on line <b>1152</b><br />

You should point that out to your host. Host tools, says safe mode is off. So if open_basedir is empty as is should be per dolphins hosting requirements, then that warning should not be occurring.

I am still out of ideas though. This thing does not make sense.

Quote · 20 Nov 2012

host replied back

"Hello,

Did they mention anything specific that would cause this? Our php.ini files are relatively open and not locked down too tight, as shared hosting does not allow us to keep things too strict. If you let us know what settings need changed we should be able to change them for your account, but we are not programmers and do not know specifically what needs to be modified.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can do.

Thanks,"

I feel like giving up... its been almost a week now and nothing not even a clue as to what it could be...

2 upgraded sites and a fresh install with the same issue...

Quote · 20 Nov 2012

host: "Unfortunately we really can't help with this without specific errors, and the dolphin software simply isn't providing any actual errors to logs. This needs to be dealt with by a developer directly.

Please let us know if there is anything further we can do.

Thanks,

Rick Dunn
Evening Shift Manager"

Quote · 20 Nov 2012

You may want to see if one of the guys here who does hosting and/or is good at trouble shooting sites see if they can look at it for you.

Someone like dolphin_jay or Nathan Paton or Zarcon

If there is not to much of a difference in pricing, you may want to also consider moving to a host that specializes in dolphin. Like Zarconia(Zarcon)

Quote · 20 Nov 2012

I did notice that your host is running php 5.2.17

Most hosts are running at least 5.3.x by now and dolphin 7.1 is suppose to support php 5.4.x

I do not know if the version of PHP could be part of the problem or not. I do not have the ability to just switch to different php versions to find out.

Quote · 20 Nov 2012

when I first started using Dolphin in 2008 boonex recommended that Hostforweb so thats what I have been using and never had any issues..

I will check if one of the guys can look into it.

Thanks

If there is not to much of a difference in pricing, you may want to also consider moving to a host that specializes in dolphin

Quote · 20 Nov 2012

last night they migrated me to another server with 5.3.x but no change

dmin Tools

Audit
·
·

Software requirements

• PHP: 5.3.10 - WARNING(your PHP version is probably outdated, upgrade to the latest 5.3.18 maybe required)
    • allow_url_fopen = On - OK
    • allow_url_include = Off - OK
    • magic_quotes_gpc = Off - OK
    • memory_limit = 268435456 - OK
    • post_max_size = 104857600 - OK
    • upload_max_filesize = 104857600 - OK
    • register_globals = Off - OK
    • safe_mode = Off - OK
    • disable_functions = - OK
    • php module: curl = curl - OK
    • php module: gd = gd - OK
    • php module: mbstring = mbstring - OK
    • php module: xsl = xsl - OK
    • php module: json = json - OK
    • php module: openssl = openssl - OK
    • php module: zip = zip - OK
    • php module: ftp = ftp - OK
  • MySQL: 5.1.63-cll - OK

I did notice that your host is running php 5.2.17

Most hosts are running at least 5.3.x by now and dolphin 7.1 is suppose to support php 5.4.x

I do not know if the version of PHP could be part of the problem or not. I do not have the ability to just switch to different php versions to find out.

Quote · 20 Nov 2012

Ok. I don't suppose i could get access to do a fresh install test in a sub-directory off one of your current sites.

I don't really have time to be doing this, but i am willing to play as i get time to see if i can find a reason.

Quote · 20 Nov 2012

sent, thanks

Ok. I don't suppose i could get access to do a fresh install test in a sub-directory off one of your current sites.

I don't really have time to be doing this, but i am willing to play as i get time to see if i can find a reason.

Quote · 21 Nov 2012

ya the host is suppose to be able to handle it.. there are boonex hosts on this website here to host your site already set up. I just do not remember the links.. look around you'll find it.. and way cheaper. the only reason i host my own is i do NOT want someone walking off with my source code or users

Quote · 21 Nov 2012

ok I was moved to an updated server on the host refreshed and everything is working fine now..

I want to thank all of you who tried to help me out I really appropriate it.

Quote · 22 Nov 2012

RE:

CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set in /xxxxxxx/public_html/71/inc/utils.inc.php on line 1152

I had the same error when I moved a site to a new cloud server.  In my case, the problem was that open_basedir was set to some value inappropriate for proper Dolphin operation.  The solution was to clear the open_basedir by adding this to a configuration file.

<Directory /var/www/vhosts/@domain_name@/httpsdocs>
php_admin_value open_basedir none
</Directory>

If anyone has this problem in the future, look at the php info and see if a value is set for open_basedir.  I don't think the Dolphin installation script checks this.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 22 Nov 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.