dAMP - Dolphin Apache MySql PHP

After many months of development we are pleased to announce the release of dAMP.

What is dAMP?
dAMP is short for - Dolphin Apache MySql PHP.

dAMP is a FREE custom WAMP (Windows - Apache - MySql - PHP) server stack designed specifically for Boonex Dolphin.

dAMP comes with Dolphin pre-installed including the database. It is also pre-configured and optimized specifically for Dolphin including Apache, MySql, and PHP.

It has a friendly built in Windows based Dolphin cron feature that you can start and stop with a click of your mouse.

It is compatible with Windows XP and newer. Both 32 and 64 bit systems are supported.

It has been designed so you can start using Dolphin fast on your local PC. New users will definitely appreciate how easy it is to get started.

It is possible to begin using Dolphin within a matter of minutes with dAMP.

All you need to do is download it and run the extractor. Once it has been extracted start dAMP and enjoy Dolphin on your local Windows PC.

What you might use dAMP for
-To learn how to use Dolphin
-To test a feature, module, or other modification before applying it to a live site.
-To Edit .css, .html, .php, and other file types before making changes to a live site.
-To design and develop Dolphin websites before publishing them to a live site.
-To learn phpMyAdmin and database maintenance.
-To test drive Dolphin before purchasing a paid license or hosting.
-And much more!

Note:
This is our first release and it is currently beta. Since dAMP is provided for free, support will be limited at least during the beta phase. There may be a few kinks we need to work out during the beta phase. The 64 bit edition has very limited testing. We will continue to update dAMP on a regular basis. You should check our website for the current updates and releases.

We tend to answer faster if you use our support ticket system at:

http://support.dialme.com

How / where to get dAMP

You can download dAMP for FREE during the beta release stage in our forum. Once we release it as stable, membership will be required so grab it while you can!

Download file size is aprox. 35.5 MB's for the 32 bit version, and 31 MB's for the 64 bit version . Once extracted the 32 bit version will consume around 210 MB's of space, and around 181 MB's of space for the 64 bit version.

Check the readme file in the download for additional information, details, instructions, and requirements.

Go to our forum for more details:

32 bit version:  (works on both 32 bit and 64 bit windows systems)
dAMP Win32 Forum

Or direct download here:

Download dAMP 2.0 beta 32 bit

64 bit version: (works on 64 bit windows systems)
dAMP Win64 Forum

Or direct download here:

Download dAMP 2.0 beta 64 bit

This will be freely downloadable for a very limited time...So get it while you can!

Screen Shot

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 6 Sep 2012

Wow, good job. This should simplify things for all the people who can't figure out how to get everything setup locally (which seems to be a LOT of people lately). 

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 6 Sep 2012

Pretty cool.  No source code.   :(

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 6 Sep 2012

Wonderful. Now people have another excuse to not learn how to install dolphin themselves.

Seriously tho. Good job. I was going to do something similar until i decided not to because i felt it best people learn how to install dolphin themselves.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 7 Sep 2012

Well this is more of a windows dev tool more then anything really.   I am already running IIS7 so i didnt want to install this.  so i extracted the exe but it was giving 500 errors and you cant view the source. 

Guessing it has to do with the 127.0.0.1 ip it has. 

Guess i have to install a guest os on hyper-v and see what its all about.

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 8 Sep 2012

Keep sending feedback... please and thank you.  I *was* planning to install it soon but now I'm wondering just how useful it will be.

http://pkforum.dolphinhelp.com
Quote · 8 Sep 2012

This is definitely a work in progress. I have made a few minor adjustments since posting and an update is available. New downloads will have the updates applied.

It is configured for 127.0.0.1, but we could change it to localhost.

There are a number of things that we could change or update depending on the feedback.

The dAMP part of the source code is encrypted for the time being. Everything else is not.

All the windows test systems 32 and 64 bit I have been able to test on checks out. Obviously I haven't tried them all. The 64 bit system does require c++ ms visual studio 2008 libraries. There is a good chance you already have them since a lot of software will install it silently if required anyway. The 32 bit shouldn't for now.

This would probably benefit new Dolphin users that would like to test and develop locally that have limited installation knowledge the most.

Once we work out a few more things it will eventually be updated to more recent php version.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 8 Sep 2012

nice work!

Do you think you could do the same with LAMP (Linux Apache MySql PHP) as it would be great to see it as part of an OS template with some VPS providers.

~~Mike ~~ This Signature is missing something :(
Quote · 11 Sep 2012

Thanks for this

Ultra Newb reporting for duty.
Quote · 27 Nov 2012

I have a few request and a question.

Request- Can you recompile it again with the 7.1beta2?

Question-  Does the video part of this works?  Im asking because I already have WAMP installed, and been trying to figure out how to get the "upload a video" parts to work.  If damp works right out the box with this, then I will be happy to trash wamp in favor for damp.

Ultra Newb reporting for duty.
Quote · 7 Dec 2012

Why am I getting "
Fatal error: Call to a member function getRow() on a non-object in C:\Users\Dale\Downloads\dAMP-4.1.0\dAMPserver\www\dolphin\inc\utils.inc.php on line 452" ?

Quote · 8 Dec 2016

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.