video upload failed (video error)

my dolphin7 site always shows that video upload failed (video error) when i upload a video. I will make things a little bit clear.. when i upload videos, i uploads 100% and at the end it shows that video upload failed (video error).. i dont know the problem with this..  even i have checked thrice the dolphin folder and i cant find any solution for this..

the old installation was still good and it uploads video .. the problem araises with dolphin 7 only.. i have even checked the cron jobs and it has no error..

can some one help me out with this..

my dolphin 7 url: www.linktoprofessionals.com/community

Quote · 18 Jan 2010

are the files being written to the /files directory of /mp3 section of your site?

also, what is your max_post size and max_upload size

Regards,

DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 18 Jan 2010

my dolphin7 site always shows that video upload failed (video error) when i upload a video. I will make things a little bit clear.. when i upload videos, i uploads 100% and at the end it shows that video upload failed (video error).. i dont know the problem with this..  even i have checked thrice the dolphin folder and i cant find any solution for this..

the old installation was still good and it uploads video .. the problem araises with dolphin 7 only.. i have even checked the cron jobs and it has no error..

can some one help me out with this..

my dolphin 7 url: www.linktoprofessionals.com/community

Hello,

I have the same problem with video upload. Thanks a lot in advance for a help!

Quote · 18 Jan 2010

are the files being written to the /files directory of /mp3 section of your site?

Regards,

DosDawg

Hi DosDawg,

How can I check max_post size and max_upload size?  I am a new here, please help me out! Thanks a lot in advance

Quote · 18 Jan 2010

hi the settings are: post_max_size = 200M upload_max_filesize = 16M those settings are in php.ini file.. and my host says that i get error log as follows: PHP Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/user/public_html/community/inc/utils.inc.php on line 895, referer: http://linktoprofessionals.com/community/m/videos/albums/my/add_objects/Business-Strategies/owner/administrator

Quote · 19 Jan 2010

Regards,

DosDawg

When people talk about paths, I find it helps to include the full path, at least from the top level folder of the site...

My full server path is /var/www/dolphin  and I know just about everyone will have something different, so I would not include that part.

Are you talking about flash/modules/mp3/files/   ???

Because I believe there are also file folders for ray apps.

Also, DosDawg,

Why did you ask about /mp3 ??? sampath said he is having issues with videos (and so am I).

Light man a fire keep him warm for a night, light him ON fire & he will be warm the rest of his life
Quote · 19 Jan 2010

You are absolutely right mr.LeatherSportB, i am more confused of what  DosDawg has told.. why should we look upon mp3 files as we are having issues with videos uploading?

moreover, my sounds files(mp3) are uploading perfectly without any mistake..

i am tired of trying several times to figure out the exact problem, i have even spoke to my host provider and the clue he gave me is the following error log:

PHP Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/user/public_html/community/inc/utils.inc.php on line 895, referer: http://linktoprofessionals.com/community/m/videos/albums/my/add_objects/Business-Strategies/owner/administrator

i have even deleted the CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION manually and tried again, it is of no use..

please somebody help me as i am receiving many complaints from my customers daily regarding video uploading..

it never worked out..

even i tried to uninstall it and reinstall..

no change.. the same continues..

the problem is probably not with the host provider and only with some scripts..(?)

Quote · 20 Jan 2010

In that error it says "PHP Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or"

Is Safe Mode on? Check your Admin Panel>Tools> Host Tools and go through all 3 tabs and make sure everything is on. Also check with your host to make sure they have Shell_Exec adn POPEN enabled in their server PHP configuration.

Chris

Nothing to see here
Quote · 20 Jan 2010

dear Zarcon these are the settings i found in cpanel

PHP Configuration

These PHP configuration settings are customizable by the server administrator. They are listed for reference only.

Sub Section Directive Info Value
Language Options asp_tags Allow ASP-style <% %> tags. Off
File Uploads file_uploads Whether to allow HTTP file uploads. On
Paths and Directories include_path Windows: "\path1;\path2" c:\php\includes" .:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php
Resource Limits max_execution_time Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds 30
Resource Limits max_input_time Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data 60
Resource Limits memory_limit Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (32MB) 32M
Data Handling register_globals You should do your best to write your scripts so that they do not require register_globals to be on; Using form variables as globals can easily lead to possible security problems, if the code is not very well thought of. Off
Language Options safe_mode Off
main session.save_path where N is an integer. Instead of storing all the session files in /path, what this will do is use subdirectories N-levels deep, and store the session data in those directories. This is useful if you or your OS have problems with lots of files in one directory, and is a more efficient layout for servers that handle lots of sessions. NOTE 1: PHP will not create this directory structure automatically. You can use the script in the ext/session dir for that purpose. NOTE 2: See the section on garbage collection below if you choose to use subdirectories for session storage N;/path
File Uploads upload_max_filesize Maximum allowed size for uploaded files. 16M

Quote · 20 Jan 2010

Those settings are set (heh) pretty low. Also, why am I getting a login window for CPanel when viewing this topic?

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 20 Jan 2010

that may be due to that i have copied directly fromcpanel and posted here..

so, what should i do to make my video upload work?

Quote · 20 Jan 2010

I'm getting the same error no matter what I do. I have read through this and made sure of my crons and checked my admin/tools/admin tools/host params and everything is on. My settings might be a little low because it shows the min. of what is required. (how do I change post_max_size and upload max file size). What I am wondering about is the settings for ffmpeg output and installed apache modules.

SETTINGS

Quote · 27 Jan 2010

Memory_limit is too small. It takes a lot of memory to convert a cideo file or a sound file. I set mine to unlimited, default is 128, yours is 32. I would try upsizing it and see what happens. Try 256 to start....

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 28 Jan 2010

I'm getting the same error no matter what I do. I have read through this and made sure of my crons and checked my admin/tools/admin tools/host params and everything is on. My settings might be a little low because it shows the min. of what is required. (how do I change post_max_size and upload max file size). What I am wondering about is the settings for ffmpeg output and installed apache modules.

SETTINGS

If you are getting a permissinon denied when running ffmpeg.exe, either it's not set to 755 or 777 OR your host is blocking executable

Quote · 29 Jan 2010

I had a working edition of 7.0.3 and it stoped doing video upload and conversion same type of error fail and it turned out that the ffmpeg.exe had it's permissions reset some how. Either the hosting company did it, or it reset itself magiaclly. I fixed it and now it's working.

Quote · 17 Oct 2010

How do I fix the permissions on the ffmpeg.exr file?

Quote · 29 Mar 2011

Regards,

DosDawg

I am having this same problem... I am also having with problem with "record" as well

Quote · 28 Oct 2011

Memory_limit is too small. It takes a lot of memory to convert a cideo file or a sound file. I set mine to unlimited, default is 128, yours is 32. I would try upsizing it and see what happens. Try 256 to start....

Tries this and also set it to 512 and still it doesn't work still get the same error "video upload failed (video error)"

Quote · 28 Oct 2011

I can't upload MP3 files or video files.  Here's the error messages I get:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/aeumedia/public_html/flash/modules/mp3/files/213477_temp) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpxwMzea' to '/home/aeumedia/public_html/flash/modules/mp3/files/213477_temp' in /home/

Any ideas?

Quote · 15 Nov 2011

I can't upload MP3 files or video files.  Here's the error messages I get:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/aeumedia/public_html/flash/modules/mp3/files/213477_temp) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpxwMzea' to '/home/aeumedia/public_html/flash/modules/mp3/files/213477_temp' in /home/

Any ideas?

I figured it out.  I did not have the "files" folders in my /mp3/ and /videos/ folders.  The uploads work now.

Quote · 15 Nov 2011

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.