zip code search HELP

dolphin 7.1.5

I am having a major issue with zip codes.

it says it is installed but can not be unistalled

it crashes with mysql errors even with compile language.

i think it might be messing with world map as well becuase

when i go to update locations it does nothing but says it is done

with no maps updated.

can anyone tell me how to successfully uninstall zip codes

so i can reinstall it? and hopefully get everything working??

i tried deleteing the tables. but it appears some of the data is held elsewhere

help please??

Quote · 11 Jul 2019

I've never used the ZIP Code module, but I recall it's dependent on the world map module and Join Form as well.

Here's an old thread that may just help:

https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Zipcode-Radius-Search.htm

You must always remove modules via the Add/Remove options in admin/modules. if you're having no success, try reinstalling it and removing it that way.

As always, it pays to test all new modules on a test site.

From what I can see, you must install the world map module first and get it working. An API key is required for that.

Next install the Zip Code module.

Next make changes to your join form to allow the module to gather the Zip Code Data.

Quote · 12 Jul 2019

maybe i can hire someone to install and get working world maps and zip codes??

zipcodes crashes on compile languages and can no be uninstalled.

so it's obviously corrupted and world maps\refuses to update zip codes (probably because its crashed)

and shuts down the website if i have to reboot the server.

it's a real pain. it may be becuase it requires php.ini settings for world maps.

i dont know. tell me how much cash it will cost to fix this problem

Quote · 17 Jul 2019

Deano mentioned in a PM that Google are now charging, or planning to charge for their World Map Appi and it's something Boonex may need to fix. My world map is working fine, but your's may not be if you tried to get an Appi after any changes Google may have made. 

Maybe Deano may wish to comment, but you should always get one module working perfectly before installing the next.

Thus, get World Map working properly before doing anything else.

Quote · 18 Jul 2019

I have not looked into the maps much since i discovered it no longer works with new keys. Supposedly you get $300 of credit each month that makes the maps still free for most, but you have to enable billing to get that. I am not about to give google my credit card number. So i obviously have not tested that out. And i am not going to.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 18 Jul 2019

I have not looked into the maps much since i discovered it no longer works with new keys. Supposedly you get $300 of credit each month that makes the maps still free for most, but you have to enable billing to get that. I am not about to give google my credit card number. So i obviously have not tested that out. And i am not going to.

I don't blame you.  Sometimes you can use prepaid credit cards for such and just don't have any funds on them.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 18 Jul 2019

Supposedly you get $300 of credit each month that makes the maps still free for most,

I've been using for some time now with no charges, but I'm also well under their limit before incurring charges.

I have to have it, my modules from Modz that list business locations on maps on my last D7 site would not work without.

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 21 Jul 2019

And yes GG, it's not a major card. It's limited. Wink

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 21 Jul 2019

i got the error. pre-paid credit cards not accepted by google maps api. i am totally mad. stupid google money grab

Quote · 21 Jul 2019

I used to have this working well on an earlier version of Dolphin. I'm on 7.3.5 but can't get this working anymore. Did the whole thing with google API (what a PITA - had to go through the whole java thing but maps showing now) and I only have [country + location] fields but still does not bring up results. So then I went back to geocodes and even that does not work. So I've tried both geonames and google api but no searches show in the results page when I know zip codes have been entered by members. Does anyone have any insight?

Quote · 11 Jul 2020

Hello callum!

Please PM me with your Dolphin access, the example of search codes and search results which should be returned there.

Quote · 15 Jul 2020

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.