Access Denied?

OK  I have a problem with people registerring.

1st it woudl not accept the check in the "Agree to ToS" when you register so I removed that during the joining process.   Now some of the members who tried to register while it was still there are getting an "Access Denied" message as if the site banned them, but I am still gettting the email that they registered.

How do I fix this?

Owner/CEO NetSocial Incorporated
Quote · 27 Jan 2011

since your post is kinda vague,

look this thread over and make sure your moderation is set correctly

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/?action=goto&search=1#topic/New-Registrations-Email-Verification.htm

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 27 Jan 2011

Vague?

ok

when u make a new account you have mandatory things that need to be doin during the joining process. one of those things is accepting the ToS or should I say Terms of Service. When making a new account people would have all the mandatory things done and a checkmark in the white box next to the Terms of Service stating that they have read and agree to them. When they woul hit the buttonm to finish creating a count and login it would say they did not accept the terms of service and would say their IP is Banned. I would go into the IP Blacklist and nothing is there other than logged member ip's. Now to fix this problem I simply removed the ToS option from the registration process.

Now my problem is....

When people register, then go verify their email and come back to login to their account it says invalid account.

My Moderation Settings are as follows...

Automatic profile activation after joining: UNCHECKED

Do not change profile status after editing profile information:
CHECKED
Automatic profile confirmation without Confirmation Email: CHECKED  

Here is what I am being told happens...

V1P3R: it just pops up a message saying
error! wrong username and or password

V1P3R: i used the forgot password to get
my password and that worked

Kamikazi: did it log u in?
V1P3R: nope

Quote · 28 Jan 2011

anyone have a clue what is going on, I am sure if I am havign this problem others have but I cannot find anything on it in the forums anywhere!

Quote · 28 Jan 2011

any1 know what might be goin on here?

I put in a support ticket 3 days ago with no reply

Quote · 31 Jan 2011

just allow activation on signup, resolves your issue.

caredesign.net
Quote · 31 Jan 2011
What version are you using?
Quote · 31 Jan 2011

@ProfessorSr: I have had that option enabled before and it still did the same, but ill try it again and see whats up!

@rhimpr: Latest version of 7, think its 7.0.4

Quote · 1 Feb 2011

Could it be that there is a key encoding is different?
If I enter the word-password admin in the public part "error" Wrong username and or password "but since the party admininistration it works ...
What files are changed? What files are involved in this?
Thank you in advance.

Same case: http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/topic/Access-Denied--2011-01-27.htm

Quote · 1 Feb 2011

Nothin is changed it is a fresh install of whatever version you coudl download from the site as of 2 weeks ago (I believe 7.0.4).

Installed Modules
Ads version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Blog version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Chat version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Custom RSS version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Data migration from Dolphin 6.1.6 version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Desktop version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Events version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Facebook connect version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Feedback version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Files version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Google Search version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Groups version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Membership version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Messenger version 1.0.4 by Boonex
News version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Orca Forum version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Payment version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Photos version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Poll version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Profile Customizer version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Profiler version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Profiles Map version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Quotes version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Shoutbox version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Simple Messenger version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Sites version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Sounds version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Spy version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Videos version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Wall version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Whiteboard version 1.0.4 by Boonex

Not Installed Modules
Articles version 1.0.4 by Boonex
OpenSocial version 1.0.4 by Boonex
Store version 1.0.4 by Boonex

I have no problem logging in with the Admin Account, but when people register it tells them either "Acess Denied" and says their IP is Banned and it's not or tells them "Wrong Username and/or Password". Some have tried the password retrievel and it says there is no user in the database, some have tried password retrievel and it sends them their password but still won't allow them to sign in.
Quote · 1 Feb 2011

Have you succeeded?

Regard

Quote · 2 Feb 2011

Not yet, still the same thing is going on. I have used dolphin a few years ago but at that time it was known as Dolphin 4, I had to edit it all out for a World of Warcraft Community, but this never happened to me before and I am stumped. I have no clue what it may be! I am thinking it may be something between the site and the mySQL Database but I am not sure since I can login fine on the admin account. Anyone think it may be because I have promo account disabled?

Quote · 2 Feb 2011

I added a few Screenshots of whats happening with a test account I made called "Mike", which is the 1st screenshot. The 2nd screenshot is me logged back in on my Admin Account showing you that there is 2 accounts on the site right now but no accounts other than the admin account can login.

Capture.JPG · 142.8K · 328 views
Capture2.JPG · 181.7K · 361 views
Quote · 2 Feb 2011

Access denied because of IP address is caused by the new filters in D7.0.4 which you must have enabled.

One of those filters must be disabled. It is a test filter. It should not have been included in the distribution of dolphin.

Go to admin->Tools->Anti Spam Tools.

You must disable the filter under DNS Blocklists named zomgbl.spameatingmonkey.net

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 2 Feb 2011

You must disable the filter under DNS Blocklists named zomgbl.spameatingmonkey.net

Deano is correct on this one, I guess that is there for testing..

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 2 Feb 2011

I will check that ty...

Quote · 2 Feb 2011

I have already done this, to no avail.
The problem remains unsolved.

thanks

Quote · 2 Feb 2011

Hello

I solved my worries,
Missing
function isIPLoggedBanned () in file 7.4 dolphin / inc / utils.inc.php.

regard

Quote · 2 Feb 2011

TY Deano that resolved my issue! Do they have a fix for that or not at this time?

Quote · 2 Feb 2011

I also get an access denied message after a user registers and their confirmation email is sent.  Shouldn't they get a page saying that the confirmation email has been sent?  Isn't that why it passes the join_text like this: /m/avatar/&join_text=_EMAIL_CONF_SENT

I checked the spam settings and disabled all of the spam filters, so that isn't the issue.  Any other ideas as to why it shows access denied instead of the email had been sent?

Thanks in advance!
--Angela

Quote · 14 Feb 2011

I also get an access denied message after a user registers and their confirmation email is sent.  Shouldn't they get a page saying that the confirmation email has been sent?  Isn't that why it passes the join_text like this: /m/avatar/&join_text=_EMAIL_CONF_SENT

I checked the spam settings and disabled all of the spam filters, so that isn't the issue.  Any other ideas as to why it shows access denied instead of the email had been sent?

Thanks in advance!
--Angela

Not sure but maybe this post can help you

Quote · 14 Feb 2011

Thanks for the reply, but I checked and the IP list type is set to 0 for disabled.  I still get the access denied message after registering instead of the message about the confirmation email being sent.

Quote · 15 Feb 2011

So I noticed that after filling in the join form and I'm redirected to the avatar page that just tells me access denied, that it still shows "Guest" as the user.  So I'm thinking that's why it's not allowing me access to the avatar page that should display the nice confirmation email sent message.  Since I want to have them confirm the email before they can log in, how can I still show them a nice friendly message instead of access denied?

Quote · 17 Feb 2011

I forgot to mentioned that I did the Mandantory Confirmation mod.  Without it, it lets them in and shows them the confirmation message.  I will just use the default for now, but would still like mandantory confirmation.

Quote · 17 Feb 2011

Have you tried Checking the First and second blocks, leave the third block unchecked, this works great fore me. E-mail are sent with confirmation link and code, no problems what so ever. I am using a fresh install V7.05 no mods except for Deno's Tools.. Site is working great.

Here.

Quote · 19 Feb 2011

Thank you, your advice below just saved me $100 in prgramming fees and after 3 weeks of my site being down I was able to bring it back up because of your directions below. THANK YOU!!!!! Great advice!

Access denied because of IP address is caused by the new filters in D7.0.4 which you must have enabled.

One of those filters must be disabled. It is a test filter. It should not have been included in the distribution of dolphin.

Quote · 4 May 2012

Bonjour

As tu regardé au niveau de l administration et de la sécurité ..

tu dois avoir mis un mauvais parametre au niveau de l'option de sécurité BANN IP 

vérifie bien et marque moi aussi quel sont tes parametres ? 

merci 

Quote · 17 Aug 2019

Hello DoguOweb!

You may use the solutions from here or from this thread https://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Sorry-your-IP-has-been-banned.htm

Quote · 19 Aug 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.