Add PHP blocks

Not so much a bug but an oversight.  Anyone who has followed this forum for some time knows the importance of PHP Blocks in providing special services.  Member Deano did a mod that puts these blocks in pagebuilder for all pages.  It works well, and everyone will want this even if they don't know they want it yet.  Save your member community the hassle of having to re-do this mod after every update - include it in the next update package as part of the "official" Dolphin.   The link to this simple fix is here:

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/?action=goto&my_threads=1#topic/Add-PHP-blocks-to-Pagebuilder-for-D7.htm

Quote · 8 Jan 2010

Not so much a bug but an oversight.  Anyone who has followed this forum for some time knows the importance of PHP Blocks in providing special services.  Member Deano did a mod that puts these blocks in pagebuilder for all pages.  It works well, and everyone will want this even if they don't know they want it yet.  Save your member community the hassle of having to re-do this mod after every update - include it in the next update package as part of the "official" Dolphin.   The link to this simple fix is here:

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/?action=goto&my_threads=1#topic/Add-PHP-blocks-to-Pagebuilder-for-D7.htm

There is already a ticket for this.

Also. Boonex does not consider it a bug. It's a feature. Thats why they moved it to 7.1.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 8 Jan 2010

I found this mod, Block Magic 7.0, on Expertzzz.com listed for free.  It is supposed to be for adding PHP blocks to D7.  I don't know if it would require re-installing after an update or not.  I have not been able to get my coder to evaluate it for me yet.  It is here if want to check it.  I would like to know if it is a good mod and worth installing if anyone does check it.  Thanks

Quote · 8 Jan 2010

Well that's another reason Boonex should just put it in the distribution files.  Make sure we are all using the same version.  It doesn't matter if Boonex considers it "a feature" - the code is already done - there is no reason do keep it out of the distribution files.

Quote · 9 Jan 2010

Oh good lord!!!  I didn't think bug thought police would show up here so soon.  Is this going to be like the last time when you wanted to enforce blog rules for everyone but yourself?  I have taken my time to post exactly three issues "sir" and if this is going to be a forum where were someone gets to "dictate" what a bug is and kill discussions before they even start then I want no part of it.   I was a QA program manager during the dot com boom with more that 20 direct reports - I have a little idea of what a bug is.   If you want to have that debate, I will oblige you as time permits, but I wrote this one here for a reason - it is a trivial update they could get in the next update that would help the members here.  I'm sorry you think that is so horrible.   So now you know where this is leading don't you?   Don't anyone dare post anything here unless you are absolutely positive it is a "bug".  Don't post any issues here if you find a problem in your community but you are not sure if it is a bug or not.    Also, remember, just because you have a problem with Dolphin on your system, it is never a bug unless everyone here agrees it is a bug.  Forget any possibility that something in your set up has set up an error condition that should be reported, if just one person here says "this is not a bug" that means it is not a bug.

Quote · 9 Jan 2010

DosDawg, I don't even know where to start this is so clueless.  Every time you show up back here after an absense of three or four months you always go on this kind of power trip and start running around telling everyone their posts are inappropriate for one reason or another.  "Everyone", that is, except you as you always except yourself from you own rules- even though you have plenty of ethics issues here - frequently posting testimonials for Terabyte without mentioning that you happen to own that company.  

THAT is the kind of thing Boonex should "moderated" - not stopping people who are trying to help make the product better.  This is just a file that needs to be fixed - that's all - no drama was necessary.  Why wouldn't anyone want it to be fixed anyway -  just because fixing it also happens to provide a good feature? In this case the PHP functions were already written into the code and database - Boonex either forgot, or didn't have the time to put them in the D7 version page builder. This is similar to the "search" function in D6 that was missing basic functionality that Boonex forgot to add.  There ARE "bugs of omission" where you think so or not.     

I'm sorry, but I find some of your logic here to be bizarre- i.e. "since you know how to fix it, just get it fixed for your personal use, and move on".  Do you even know what these forums are for?  Is that what you think moderators should do?   The only reason I can think of why someone would want this half built functionality to remain broken is so only "experts" like you can fix it.   This has been a pattern in most of your responses to issues posted here - that it must be "a server configuration issue" that can best be fixed by going to Terrbytes hosting.  Frankly, if my business had so many angry customers and was spawning lawsuits, I think I would work on improving my own customer relations, rather than bringing those same techniques to this forum.   

I have been asking for a "bug forum" for more than a year now - and I know some members asked even more passionately, and have done so multiple times.  There was an element of "sucking up" in this post - and Boonex developers often share the "nothing is ever a bug" philosophy.  In one recent exchange, I couldn't even convince several developers there that the inability to have an empty value in a multiple select list was a "bug" - even though neither the join form or the searches work properly with it.  Since this technically is a missing function, they consider it to be "a feature" - nothing is broken in their view so it cannot be a bug - so I guess that post doesn't belong here either. 

Dosdawg you have it backwards, as you so often do  - people should be able to post here things they think are bugs.  If they are wrong, the community here will let them know.  If they are right, it will make it to Trac.  I know you want to be the Sheriff - but people here need technical support - not another cop on the beat.

Rob

Quote · 9 Jan 2010

I don't go into dicussions mostly, but in this case I will respond to this.

DosDawg is official moderator. and its his job to get things clear. 
In your case has DosDawg right, your case was not on the right forum. So from this point of view he has right to inform you about that.
Maby he has better write you a PM about it...

My two cents about this discussion.

regards.

Kids first
Quote · 9 Jan 2010

Well technically so is your post killer.  This thread is discussing a specific bug - the broken functionality in Dolphin's PHP Block functionality.  You just watch how selectively these rules get enforced.  The only thing you are supposed to post here are things you are absolutely certain are bugs.

Quote · 9 Jan 2010

Why can't anyone read herE?

THIS IS A BUG REPORT FORUM.

I think all the posts in this forum  that are not bug reports should be summarily deleted! What a bunch of jerks.....

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 9 Jan 2010

Well good job of making this forum dysfunctional Dosdawg - what did that take, like 5 minutes?   I know where this is going: - nothing can possibly ever be a bug if it can be made to work on Terabyte servers.  Yes, I had a big list I was planning I was planning to post here and was doing in order of priority - but you killed the third - I don't know how many of the rest can pass the "DosDawg test" - the rest wouldn't get through the Boonex "nothing is ever a bug" philosophy which you share.    As I already pointed out, the most  serious bug I have - the inability to null a multiple select field, has already been declared "a feature"  by Boonex.   According to your new legalistic enforcement wouldn't shouldn't have qualified for the honor of a post here.   This forum needs people to help each other technically, not people who see their role as being the bouncer at the door.   This is not being a leader, it is being a pest.

Quote · 9 Jan 2010

Well good job of making this forum dysfunctional Dosdawg - what did that take, like 5 minutes?   I know where this is going: - nothing can possibly ever be a bug if it can be made to work on Terabyte servers.  Yes, I had a big list I was planning I was planning to post here and was doing in order of priority - but you killed the third - I don't know how many of the rest can pass the "DosDawg test" - the rest wouldn't get through the Boonex "nothing is ever a bug" philosophy which you share.    As I already pointed out, the most  serious bug I have - the inability to null a multiple select field, has already been declared "a feature"  by Boonex.   According to your new legalistic enforcement wouldn't shouldn't have qualified for the honor of a post here.   This forum needs people to help each other technically, not people who see their role as being the bouncer at the door.   This is not being a leader, it is being a pest.

Catrade, i found a bug for you its up your anus. dig it out and all will be well with the world.

Regards,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 9 Jan 2010

The ticket is http://www.boonex.com/trac/dolphin/ticket/1578

I pasted the entire code for the changed file when I entered the ticket... it might make it a bit easier to do the mod.  Problem was, I posted this ticket on RC3, and Boonex was not in the mood to add it, even though the work was already done.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 10 Jan 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.