Dolphin 7 : Htaccess and modules paths

Hi,

I have note seen any Htaccess in Dolphin 7 ? And all path to modules installed are wrong (ex: Orca : http://www.mysite.com/forum/ => Not Found).

Is there any Htaccess by default in Dolphin 7 ? And why paths are wrong for modules ?

Thanks for you help

Quote · 15 Dec 2009

Yes, all .htaccess files needed for dolphin comes in the download package. Make sure that you are overwriting your current ones withe ones provided with the dolphin download. If needed, re-download the package again and upload the htaccess files needed.

Chris

Nothing to see here
Quote · 15 Dec 2009

I believe you have this resolved per your post in the answers section, but for everyone else.

The .htaccess file when viewed on a Linux/Unix/Mac-OSX system the file will be hidden.

On Unix based operating systems, files that start with a .(period) are hidden files. Thus you need to set your computer to view hidden files so you can see it.

It is indeed in the dolphin zip file, so if you can't see it, enable viewing of hidden files.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 15 Dec 2009

A suggestion to boonex.

How about adding a quick check in the installer for dolphin to look for the presence of the root .htaccess file and if not found display a error and instructions about hidden files.

This missing .htaccess issue is very common and a way to help deal with it should at least be tried.

Quote · 15 Dec 2009

For complete installs, I don't know why anyone would want to do anything other than uploading the Dolphin zip file to the server, and decompressing it directly on the server.  So many problems would go away.  It's also considerably faster than uploading 5,000 files via FTP.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 15 Dec 2009

For complete installs, I don't know whay anyone would want to do anything other than uploading the Dolphin zip file to the server, and decompressing it directly on the server.  So many problems would go away.  It's also considerably faster than uploading 5,000 file via FTP.

True, but you would be surprised how many people don't do it that way.

Quote · 15 Dec 2009

LOL!

Hmm, lets EXPAND all the files so they are LARGER, that way I'll have time to cook dinner during the upload process!

Embarassed (sorry, once again, my resistance is low)

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 16 Dec 2009

can someone post a copy of the htaccess file for the module folder so i can use permalink, please

Quote · 16 Feb 2010

I also need the htaccess file please

Quote · 11 Dec 2012

The .htaccess file is in the dolphin zip file. So you already have it.

Quote · 11 Dec 2012

The .htaccess file is in the dolphin zip file. So you already have it.

I can not find and i have à iMac and in Finder i have set show invisseble files. please help me

Quote · 11 Dec 2012

Options -MultiViews -Indexes

<IfModule mod_php4.c> 

php_flag register_globals Off

</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_php5.c> 

php_flag allow_url_include Off

php_flag register_globals Off

</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^blogs/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/all/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=all  [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/all/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?page=$2&per_page=$1  [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/top/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=top_blogs [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/top/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=top_blogs&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/top_posts/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=top_posts [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/top_posts/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=top_posts&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/tag/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey= [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=search_by_tag&tagKey=$2&ownerName=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/category/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&categoryUri=$2 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/entry/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_post&postUri=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/entry/{0,1}$    modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_post&postUri= [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName= [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&page=$3&per_page=$2 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/posts/([^/.]+)/category/([^/.]+)/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerName=$1&categoryUri=$2&page=$4&per_page=$3 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/home/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=home [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/all_posts/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=all_posts [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/all_posts/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=all_posts&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/popular_posts/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=popular_posts [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/popular_posts/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=popular_posts&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/featured_posts/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=featured_posts [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/tags/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=tags [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/show_calendar/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_calendar [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/my_page/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=my_page&mode=main [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/my_page/add/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=my_page&mode=add [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/my_page/manage/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=my_page&mode=manage [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/my_page/pending/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=my_page&mode=pending [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/my_page/edit/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=edit_post&EditPostID=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/member_posts/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=show_member_blog&ownerID=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^blogs/category/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$   modules/boonex/blogs/blogs.php?action=category&uri=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?Browse=1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/add/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=add [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/edit/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=add&EditPostID=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/edit/([0-9]+)/dimg/([0-9]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=add&EditPostID=$1&dimg=$2 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/manage/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=manage [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/pending/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=pending [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/expired/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=expired [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/my_page/disapproved/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=my_page&mode=disapproved [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/cat/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?catUri=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/all/cat/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?catUri=$3&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/subcat/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?scatUri=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/all/subcat/([0-9]+)/([0-9]+)/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?scatUri=$3&page=$2&per_page=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/entry/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?entryUri=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds_tags.php?tag=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/calendar/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_calendar [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/categories/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_categories [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/tags/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=tags [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/all_ads/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_all_ads [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/top_ads/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_top_rated [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/popular_ads/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_popular [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^ads/featured_ads/{0,1}$  modules/boonex/ads/classifieds.php?action=show_featured [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^search/tag/([^/.]+)/{0,1}$  search.php?Tags=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^browse/([^/.]+)/([^/.]+)/([^/.]+)$ browse.php?sex=$1&age=$2&country=$3 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^m/(.*)$  modules/index.php?r=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^forum/groups/(.*)$  modules/boonex/forum/$1?orca_integration=groups [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^forum/events/(.*)$  modules/boonex/forum/$1?orca_integration=events [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^forum/store/(.*)$  modules/boonex/forum/$1?orca_integration=store [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^forum/$  modules/boonex/forum/index.php [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^forum/(.*)$  modules/boonex/forum/$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteRule ^page/(.*)$  viewPage.php?ID=$1 [QSA,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule .+ - [L]

RewriteRule ^([^/]+)$ profile.php?ID=$1 [QSA,L]

</IfModule>

AddType application/vnd.adobe.air-application-installer-package+zip .air

AddType application/x-shockwave-flash .swf

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 11 Dec 2012

Thanks a lot , ik works just fine now!

Quote · 12 Dec 2012

Hello Boonex Community,

I have been having the same issue with my platform. My host does not offer any one click install to Boonex but other platforms. I have manually installed the software and the site seems to be working except when I have downloaded all the other components nothing seemed to have worked.

I also tried downloading it again and overwrite the old one but still same issue, I also tried as stated above the .htaccess file or I'm putting it at the wrong place that as well have not worked. Please can someone help?

Quote · 14 May 2014

Hello Boonex Community,

I have been having the same issue with my platform. My host does not offer any one click install to Boonex but other platforms. I have manually installed the software and the site seems to be working except when I have downloaded all the other components nothing seemed to have worked.

I also tried downloading it again and overwrite the old one but still same issue, I also tried as stated above the .htaccess file or I'm putting it at the wrong place that as well have not worked. Please can someone help?

First, I wouldn't use a one-click installer - they can be unreliable. Second, what exactly is the problem - 404 errors in modules? You may need to add this line right after "RewriteEngine on":

RewriteBase /

If Dolphin is installed in a subdirectory (e.g., /dolphin), amend the path like so:

RewriteBase /dolphin/

If that doesn't work, contact your host and make sure mod_rewrite is enabled for Apache.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 14 May 2014

Hello, 

Many thanks Nathan for adding the .htaccess and I have encountered the issue as you mentioned to my question in adding the small drop of code after the mod_rewrite but the modules are still not displaying anything. The hosting company says that mod_rewrite is enable by default.

I did a little research on this error (Page Not Found - All Modules) and came across  this forum of Nathan's reply but none of what I did have worked http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/7-0-9-Profile-Directories-not-created-404-not-found-error.htm.

Quote · 14 May 2014

Hello Everyone, 

Here's a small story; I am using PFPWebHosting.com for their cheap & 99.9% service uptime and does not provide RMS to Boonex and infact does not offer any one click install to Boonex but Nathan has saved the day by providing me Ray Server at a very good price & have went out his way in setting up my server at PFPWebHosting.com! So, basically, I recommend www.zarconia.net (Nathan P) to anyone that needs help, RMS or hosting & PFPWebHosting.com . 

Thank you again Nathan, you're the best!!!!

Quote · 15 May 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.