Forum Posts Etc

I am wondering if anyone else has assorted problems with these forums here at boonex.com/unity/forums?

Most of the time I can not get to or see the posts I have flagged. When I can actually see my flags or my posts and I try to click on them it says "Access error...you don't have permission...something you must be logged in"

Something like that, well I sure the heck am logged in I can post so I must be.

Another thing is if I try to edit my post or a post I have replied to for whatever reason it tells me the same "Access error" it did update it but I must go back to the forums using the nav menu on the left and hope the heck I can find it again, since my flags are not working.

This happens in both Firefox/2.0.0.14 and ie6. I don't have ie7 I hate it, but certainly others use ie6 as well and firefox is certainly up to date.

It's a little annoying and frustrating. The blogs mess up a bunch to if I try to edit a post.

I am just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues?

Thanks.

gameutopia

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 1 Jun 2008

Please explain what flag/unflag are meant for on this site, cause i never knew what they were for Frown

Quote · 5 Jun 2008

It is to save the topic so you can go back to it...

Please explain what flag/unflag are meant for on this site, cause i never knew what they were for Frown

Quote · 5 Jun 2008

I just use the back arrow in my browser and it takes me right back to where I was...

Sometimes I make a comment so that these items are saved in my topics.

I am wondering if anyone else has assorted problems with these forums here at boonex.com/unity/forums?

Most of the time I can not get to or see the posts I have flagged. When I can actually see my flags or my posts and I try to click on them it says "Access error...you don't have permission...something you must be logged in"

Something like that, well I sure the heck am logged in I can post so I must be.

Another thing is if I try to edit my post or a post I have replied to for whatever reason it tells me the same "Access error" it did update it but I must go back to the forums using the nav menu on the left and hope the heck I can find it again, since my flags are not working.

This happens in both Firefox/2.0.0.14 and ie6. I don't have ie7 I hate it, but certainly others use ie6 as well and firefox is certainly up to date.

It's a little annoying and frustrating. The blogs mess up a bunch to if I try to edit a post.

I am just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues?

Thanks.

gameutopia

Quote · 5 Jun 2008

okay i see what you mean .. thanks for explainingWink

Quote · 5 Jun 2008

you flag a topic so you can call it up in your history. the nav menu has a link to all flagged posts. so if you wanted to check back in where you had been watching a particular post, to see it had been responded to, then you wouldnt have to trudge through the whole forum. it is a pretty neat feature. one of the best features, that i like on here is the search feature.

Game

i have had some issues with the forums, sometimes i can post using the tinymce editor, and other times i cant. i have to resort to using html to get my post across. i also figured out today that i and obviously nobody else can get in the contributors forum. i can get in the pundits forum, but i am not a pundit, but there are no posts at all in the contributors forum. crazy this site is sometimes.
oh well keep moving on.

Later,
DosDawg

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 7 Jun 2008

Well glad I am not the only. It's just a pain sometimes. Every time I try to click on "Flagged" or "My Topics" on the left nav after being logged in I can only see them with firefox by the way. Sometimes my topics and flags will be there sometimes not.

When they are there and I try to click on one it always tells me error you do not have permission you must be logged in. Which again I obviously am.

Odd thing is firefox puts %20's in the links when I click them like:

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/topic/Forum%20Posts%20Etc.htm

Sometimes I can remove the %20 and replace with a - or a blank space and it will take me there  like:

http://www.boonex.com/unity/forums/topic/Forum-Posts-Etc.htm

Other times it wont though. It's just kind of a pain.

Dos I will have to try the pundit and contributors to see what happens. tinymce seems to work with firefox although sometimes it don't recognize a paragraph break. Will see if there are any paragraph breaks after posting this.

Thanks for the input everyone!!

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 8 Jun 2008

I have never been able to view flagged posts as I always get the:

Access denied. You must have special permissions to access this area or you are not logged in.

Related thread at:
Flagged  threads bug

Quote · 3 Aug 2008

ADMINs and MODERATORs hold the most power in here. I believe the BOONEX Team is also in this category but Andrey might limit them as there are rules to follow. Which is directly why Flagged and UnFlagged won't work and you get the error.

Dos --> You can access PUNDITs because you are one! Contributor's is "touchy"

As for TinyMice...The more often you clear your browser cache the less "hiccups" you'll have --> Because between DOLPHIN and UNITY there are several similar file structures and functions.

Using IE7 and FF --> I clear 4-6 times a day, once every couple of hours --> 99% of all features work fine with the exception to the ones I don't have access or don't have permissions for. That simple.

Quote · 3 Aug 2008

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.