IOS Rejection

I hired Expertzkris to get my app posted and approved in iOS however, he cannot get past this rejection. Any Advice out there?

Hello, and thank you for providing us with this information. 

Since your app enables the display of user-generated content, it would be appropriate to implement all of the following precautions in the app:

- Require that users agree to terms (EULA) and these terms must make it clear that there is no tolerance for objectionable content
- Use moderators to flag and remove inappropriate content and offensive users
- Users need a mechanism to flag objectionable content and report users generating this content
- Developer must act on objectionable content reports within 24 hours by removing the content and ejecting the user who provided the offending content
- Developer needs a method for ejecting users who violate the terms of the EULA

We hope you will consider making the appropriate revisions to your app and resubmit. 

Kind Regards, 

App Store Review Team
Quote · 7 Mar 2015

Hope AlexT can help.. alot of post already..:)

http://www.boonex.com/googlesearch/search?q=Rebrand+rejected&gse_filter=googlesearch

"Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow." @ www.dexpertz.net
Quote · 7 Mar 2015

This is why I don't understand the mindset of people using these devices; and the government in upholding such a control.  Of course people can jail break their devices now.  No one in their right mind would have purchased a tablet from Wally World where you had to buy apps from Wally World.  If the court had ruled properly you could just create your app and tell your users where to go to download it.and tell Apple to go F themselves.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 7 Mar 2015

I would suggest to enable profiles and content pre-moderation and tell Apple that every content is being reviewed and approved by admin before going to the public.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 8 Mar 2015

I would suggest to enable profiles and content pre-moderation and tell Apple that every content is being reviewed and approved by admin before going to the public.

been there done that,  tried for over 8 months with there every demand.  almost impossible to get that app submitted with apple.  

Android on the other hand took 15 minutes to submit.  If you ask me the apple code should be given away for free or as close to free as possible. 

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 8 Mar 2015

This is why i dislike apple and all their products. I purchased a imac a few years ago because i had to have it for my business when i was making dialup internet setup cd's.

That mac is useless now. It can't be upgraded anymore, so i can't use any of the modern software like the current version of xcode.

Apple basically forces you to buy new hardware every couple of years. I can't stand them.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 9 Mar 2015

Apple basically forces you to buy new hardware every couple of years. I can't stand them.

That's why I love virtual workstation.  Although it's starting to get harder and harder to run on AMD cpu's.... (Mac on a PC that is). 

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 9 Mar 2015

Guys, please let's not go offtopic.

Apple is very strange on approval process. Sometimes it gets thru immediately, sometimes it gets stuck for some time.

And, rebranding process is basically changing the app layout and its name, optionally — uploading to the marketplaces, but not guiding thru the app approval process, since Apple is approving the app functionality and not the app layout or app's name which has been changed on rebranding process.

As AlexT recommended (it worked for me before):

"I would suggest to enable profiles and content pre-moderation and tell Apple that every content is being reviewed and approved by admin before going to the public."

http://boonexpert.com
Quote · 9 Mar 2015

"I would suggest to enable profiles and content pre-moderation and tell Apple that every content is being reviewed and approved by admin before going to the public."

Although this might work for some people who have the time to administer their site on a constant level, not everyone can. 

Could also potentially cause issues with maintaining memberships when your users have to wait long periods of time for their uploads/posts to show up. 

I stopped trying to use the mobile apps a while back. I prefer to wait for more functionality before trying them again.

Nothing to see here
Quote · 9 Mar 2015

Any additional inputs on this one...Its odd some can pass thru the process of approval some are not..

Quote · 13 Mar 2015

- Require that users agree to terms (EULA) and these terms must make it clear that there is no tolerance for objectionable content
- Use moderators to flag and remove inappropriate content and offensive users
- Users need a mechanism to flag objectionable content and report users generating this content

Who gets to decide what is objectionable content? Apple?  A sites users?  All a site needs is two members, and sooner or later, one will object to something the other has posted.

The content of a website for which the app is used, should be none of Apple's business... especially since their POS devices provide no means of adding an app without going through their friggin store.  Sooner or later, people will get tired of Apple's control freak mentality,  and Apple will fade into oblivion.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 14 Mar 2015

especially since their POS devices provide no means of adding an app without going through their friggin store

Where they take a cut of the price; the real reason why they control where you can buy.  Unless you jail break the device, you are just SOL.

Quote · 14 Mar 2015

Apple basically forces you to buy new hardware every couple of years. I can't stand them

While I sit here using a PC that I built in 2005; Microcrap tried to make it impossible for me to install my device drivers (that digital signature thing) but I managed to get around them.

Quote · 14 Mar 2015

Today they stated the site must have a flagging mechanism attached to the content for other users to mark as offensive and have it report. I advised that all content is monitored before it is allowed to go live and, they said that was not good enough. AlexT 

Really need some help here.

Quote · 17 Mar 2015

So has anyone successfully submitted and gotten an app approved by Apple?

Quote · 20 Jul 2015

For sure there was a lot of successful submissions since then, the thing is that you have talk to Apple and explain things. They are just annoying, but approving apps at the end.

Quote · 20 Jul 2015

I have given up on the apps.  My site is just as fast using the web browser on an android or iPhone.

I don't know how old your iMac is, but my Mac mini is a 2009 and i use it daily for coding and remote desktop work (it is rather odd to see a windows desktop on my tv tho). 

I am running OSX 10.10.4.

The 1st thing I did when I got my laptop was ditch windoze and put ubuntu on it (I make my living repairing windoze machines).

As far as the app store versus google play store,  my brother has had to reformat his Galaxy S5 3 times since he got it after getting junk apps from that play store with the low app restriction requirements.

And yes, we can go back and forth about iPhones and Androids, just like Ford and Chevy's so the argument is rather moot.

BTW, my iPhone 4, I got in 2009 and I am finally deciding I need to get a new phone.

http://www.mytikibar.com
Quote · 20 Jul 2015

I know this may be a mind blowing idea, but has the dolphin development team ever applied to the iOS developer program? Then they could get a distribution provisioning profile, create their own distribution certificate, and distribute apps without the itunes store.

With such an account, they could allow customers who have purchased the apps, to upload them to dolphin, where dolphin could sign and distribute them for customers. It would cut out the entire problem of users getting apps approved on itunes.

If you ever wonder why some corporate websites can directly allow you to install iOS apps without jailbreaking or the itunes store.... this is how its done. 

Equally anyone can attempt this method, but I've only ever heard of it working for development teams.  

Quote · 20 Jul 2015

, what are you guys talking about? I don't follow.

"upload them to dolphin, where dolphin could sign and distribute them for customers" — how Dolphin script gonna sign your apps and distribute them for customers? :)

"It would cut out the entire problem of users getting apps approved on itunes." — there's an option which allows you to distribute the app outside the app store, but you can add only up to 100 devices of each type to your Apple Dev account. Also it's not convenient to ask each customer for their device id, sign the app specially for him and send along with the certificate and instructions to install.

Also, what about gaining extra site members who just found your app on the App Store? How you gonna do that? :)

Also, there's a thing called Apple Store Guidelines exists.

"my Mac mini is a 2009 and i use it daily for coding" — It's Intel Core 2 Duo processor based and you can't install MacOS higher version than 10.6.2 on it. We are talking here about coding for iOS, and you must have at least 10.9 and xCode 6. Why then we can't program for iOS on Apple Lisa? :)

Well, why dont? But for this iPadPhone:

What are you guys talking about? :)

Quote · 21 Jul 2015

What is ratio between approved and rejected by Apple apps?

Reliable statistics aren't really available, but here's my experience from working on iOS apps for a few years now:

The vast majority of apps are accepted.

Sometimes it takes more than one attempt. Apps get rejected for minor technical issues, are fixed, resubmitted and accepted. Or they get rejected due to a misunderstanding during the review, and get accepted after appealing the decision.

Rejections can get a lot of press but they're comparatively rare. If you're following Apple's guidelines, you generally have very little to worry about.

By :
Tom Harrington  http://www.quora.com/

Quote · 21 Jul 2015

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.