Problem with errors after update to 7.4.2

Hello, I need help. After updating to the latest version of Dolphin 7.4.2, some errors appear to me.

1. In the bottom user bar after logging in there is an icon with the plus '+' add new. Earlier there was a list of what you can add and now there is unfortunately error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BxDolTwigModule::BxDolTwigModule() in /home/areavis/public_html/modules/modzzz/person/classes/BxPersonModule.php on line 168

2. When I try uninstall module in admin panel I see this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BxDolInstaller::BxDolInstaller() in /home/areavis/public_html/modules/modzzz/person/install/installer.php on line 28

3. When I try delete photos in admin panel I see this error: 

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BxDolTwigModule::BxDolTwigModule() in /home/areavis/public_html/modules/modzzz/person/classes/BxPersonModule.php on line 168

Person module updated to the latest version, but unfortunately it did not help. I also contacted the creator of the module, but unfortunately it has been busy for several days and I care about the time to fix these errors. Please help.

Quote · 24 Apr 2019

Send me a PM.

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 25 Apr 2019

These errors means that 3rd-party module isn't compatible with Dolphin 7.4. 

It's better to ensure that all 3rd-party modules are compatible with Dolphin 7.4 before upgrading to Dolphin 7.4.

Rules → http://www.boonex.com/terms
Quote · 25 Apr 2019

Don't you just love the great help from Boonex?  I think that was self evident to the OP that the module was not compatible; I think the OP was hoping for a bit more information than the module is not compatible.

Quote · 26 Apr 2019

Thanks for the answers. Support Boonex has recently helped me with one update and of course everything went well except modules, some didn't work with Dolphin 7.4 and I was fully aware of it. The module in this post is created by modzzz, which unfortunately has not answered my messages for over a week. I understand that it has a lot of work but I'm waiting a long time for my website to work efficiently. Of course, I look forward to a little more help because modzzz assured me over a week ago that all his modules are compatible with the latest version of Dolphin.

So can I count on a little more help in this matter please?

Quote · 26 Apr 2019

Thanks for the answers. Support Boonex has recently helped me with one update and of course everything went well except modules, some didn't work with Dolphin 7.4 and I was fully aware of it. The module in this post is created by modzzz, which unfortunately has not answered my messages for over a week. I understand that it has a lot of work but I'm waiting a long time for my website to work efficiently. Of course, I look forward to a little more help because modzzz assured me over a week ago that all his modules are compatible with the latest version of Dolphin.

So can I count on a little more help in this matter please?

If that is the case, then all you should need to do is to download the current module and replace all the files in the module with the downloaded ones; should be no need to uninstall the module since compatibility issue is not database related but related to the changes that Boonex made in the 7.4.x release.

Having said that, did  you download the latest release and upload the files to your site?

Quote · 26 Apr 2019

Thank you, I tried it too. First, I tried to update the module (unfortunately after the Dolphin updates), then I tried to replace all the files again - it didn't help either. However, there is positive news, I managed to eliminate all the errors myself - I just removed mechanically from public_html ~ modules ~ modzzz all the modules folders that caused errors.

However, the problem remained in removing the modules in the admin panel. Of course now I can't delete them because I see error:

Cannot uninstall module from "modzzz/person/" directory Failed

I would like to delete them now, is there any way? Of course, in the future, I can not exclude that I will use these modules. Then I will install them again. However, at the moment after Dolphin updates, I would like to do this and remove these modules from the admin panel as well.
Quote · 27 Apr 2019

Hello areavis!

You may try to execute all queries from the mod's install/sql/uninstall.sql file except those which contain the DROP TABLE begins in your Dolphin database (but backup DB first). If the query has the words like [db_prefix] then it should be replaced with proper db prefix from the install/config.php file.

After this procedure, just clear the cache and cache_public folders (leave there only .htaccess files).

Quote · 28 Apr 2019

If you need some help i can do it for you, Just let me know... 

https://dolphin-techs.com - Skype: Dolphin Techs
Quote · 28 Apr 2019

I have modzzz_persons module cleanly removed from the site and database.

If you have any issues with other modules or errors on the site let me know. 

Quote · 10 May 2019

Danke für die Antworten. Support Boonex hat in letzter Zeit ein Update durchgeführt und natürlich alles gut, außer Modulen, einige Funktionen nicht mit Dolphin 7.4 und ich war mir dessen voll bewusst. The module in this beitrag wurde von modzzz created, the my news is about a week. Ich verstehe, dass es viel Arbeit gibt, aber ich warte lange darauf, dass meine Website effizient funktioniert. Natürlich freue ich mich auf ein bisschen mehr Hilfe, denn Modzzz hat mir über eine Woche versichert, dass alle seine Module mit der neuesten Version von Dolphin kompatibel sind.

Darf ich Ihnen in dieser Angelegenheit etwas mehr helfen?

In diesem Fall müssen Sie nur das aktuelle Modul herunterladen und alle Dateien im Modul durch die heruntergeladenen ersetzen. Das Modul muss nicht deinstalliert werden, da das Kompatibilitätsproblem nicht mit der Datenbank zusammenhängt, sondern mit den Änderungen, die Boonex in der Version 7.4.x vorgenommen hat.

Haben Sie trotzdem die neueste Version heruntergeladen und die Dateien auf Ihre Site hochgeladen?

Download modzzz module and open the ZIP file.

Then you can see date on the files,

when modzzz modified the files.

He has set modules to 7.4.1 or 7.4.2 compatible.

The truth is,

he had never modified all modules to be compatible with 7.4.1 or 7.4.2.

Of my 11 modules, 1 module is modified, as compatible to 7.4.2.

this module, I could see in the files, they are modified.

He had not modified my 10 modules.

But are seen as 7.4.1 or 7.4.2 compatible in the market.

Quote · 10 May 2019

@areavis - Redownload the Person module from the market and re-upload the files to your server. Hopefully within the next week I will have all 300+ modules updated.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 10 May 2019

Thanks Jerome,

If areavis gets in contact with me again i'll let you know how it works out.

Sorry all these people are blaming you that there sites are broken.

Anyone with half a brain knows it's not your fault....  

Quote · 10 May 2019

These errors means that 3rd-party module isn't compatible with Dolphin 7.4. 

It's better to ensure that all 3rd-party modules are compatible with Dolphin 7.4 before upgrading to Dolphin 7.4.

Alex.

I purchased a the Multi Admin module today. It was listed in the marketplace as being 7.4.2 compatible. However, I get this same message on install.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BxDolInstaller::BxDolInstaller() in /modules/boonexpert/multiadmin/install/installer.php on line 27

I know that this module worked on 7.3.x installs. Is there any documentation on what specifically changed around module installation for 7.4.x ??? I did have a look in the commit log in GitHub, but I did not see anything that looks like it is related to this.

Quote · 20 Jun 2019

Hello 

The modules for Dol 7.4 should have the code's constructions like BxDolInstaller::__construct(); instead of BxDolInstaller::BxDolInstaller(). But you'd better ask the vendor anyway about it.

Quote · 20 Jun 2019

The module has a has a dedicated support forum here. If you have trouble getting in touch with the developer of the module, I can update it for you (for a fee).

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
Quote · 20 Jun 2019

Actually due to the way the market is designed, the latest version of dolphin always shows up in the list, but does not mean it is compatible. Boonex needs to fix this problem.

You actually have to click on the drop down, select a different version and then do it again and select the current version.

In this case the modules compatibility is not specified. Based on what i can see, this module has not has a update since dolphin 7.3.7.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 20 Jun 2019

Hello 

The modules for Dol 7.4 should have the code's constructions like BxDolInstaller::__construct(); instead of BxDolInstaller::BxDolInstaller(). But you'd better ask the vendor anyway about it.

@gkuhnert FYI; you also have to go through all of the scripts and make changes to the classes or the module will throw errors left and right.

Quote · 21 Jun 2019

Upgrade patch 7.4.0 and above should have function to check the third party module specific files if its compatible or not and have special notification -"This Modules is not compatible" Web owner now have an option to ask 3rd party devs to give them updates otherwise they have an option to uninstall the module first before the upgrade process will continue.

This will help a lot especially those who have amount of 3rd party module installed.

But who cares ? :)

Hope Boonex team will consider. 

PS. (Most of clients have backup of  7.3.5 files which is easier to redo this upgrades to latest 7.4.2)

Just my side.

"Your future is created by what you do today, not tomorrow." @ www.dexpertz.net
Quote · 21 Jun 2019

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.