Upload Files Error

Using either Flash or Regular Uploader, I get this error in D7 Final:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/boonex/files/data/files/1_temp) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/boonex/files/classes/BxFilesUploader.php on line 218

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpPr2BhL' to '/home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/boonex/files/data/files/1_temp' in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/modules/boonex/files/classes/BxFilesUploader.php on line 218

Any ideas?

Stuart 

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
Quote · 16 Jan 2010

Bump

Quote · 16 Jan 2010

Did you check permissions on the directory modules/boonex/files/data/files to make sure it's writable. mode 777 or 766 should work as well.

Also i don't know the drive space limits on your host, but check that also.

Permission denied errors are permission issues most of the time.

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 16 Jan 2010

Thanks Deano, that got it!!

This is a fresh install of D7 Final on my new VPS.

I have installed D6 & D7 a few times. This is the first time the default 'permissions' were inadequate. I am finding quite a few files with incorrect permissions.

Stuart

Quote · 16 Jan 2010

again, this forum according to AlexT is for bug reports, not inadequate server configurations. amazing, no wonder there are such problems with this script, it appears that many either cant read, or refuse to read.

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
Quote · 16 Jan 2010

It was a bug until it was proven to be otherwise.... but thanks for your (informative??) input DD.

again, this forum according to AlexT is for bug reports, not inadequate server configurations. amazing, no wonder there are such problems with this script, it appears that many either cant read, or refuse to read.

Quote · 17 Jan 2010

RE: It was a bug until it was proven to be otherwise....

That's not how it works.  It's the other way around.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 17 Jan 2010

Thats right. Innocent until proven guilty.

But the law does not seem to work that way either.

Quote · 17 Jan 2010

You should change your avatar Deano. I find it very disturbing for some reason.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 17 Jan 2010

You should change your avatar Deano. I find it very disturbing for some reason.

Strange. Here is the original.

I find yours blurry for some reason.

Quote · 17 Jan 2010

he is just protecting his identity

Quote · 17 Jan 2010

This maybe so, but we also paid to use this service.

I posted in the wrong place my 1ST post and man did I get hell!

We live and learn! the search bar for this formum sux, its at the bottom! most user I create pages for NEVER look down there.

I happened upon it by chance, YOU don't bother to tell people that when they post in the wrong place.

give the new people a break!

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
Quote · 18 Jan 2010

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.