Who should I use for hosting

I am about to start a new social site, which company should I use?  I want the company to have a great RMS program and offer great customer service, the company must have a refutable and respectable reputation.

Thank you!

Quote · 22 May 2014

http://www.zarconia.net/

https://www.deanbassett.com
Quote · 22 May 2014

Hello,

Do you have a Promotional Code available?

Thank you,

Tommy

Quote · 22 May 2014

This is the best hosting company for Dolphin that everyone should use.

It's not only the price is affordable but also the customer service is superb, which you CANNOT find anywhere else.

Sometimes I just want to tip them 10-30$ for coffee to show my appreciations at Zarcon as a company or Nathan as individual.

http://www.zarconia.net/

Quote · 22 May 2014

Detective08, a member of the forums, also offers Dolphin hosting

http://www.boonexhosting.com/

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 22 May 2014

Hello,

Thank you,

Tommy

Zarconia has specials running until the end of june. The promo codes are listed on their website. Shared hosting gets one month free until the end of june. And dedicates waive the setup fee until the end of june.

Quote · 22 May 2014

I have purchased a package from you where do I go to install boonex and the RMS?

Quote · 22 May 2014

I have purchased a package from you where do I go to install boonex and the RMS?

From Who??

Not from me. I don't sell hosting. I only recommend them because i believe they are the best and it is where i host my site.

If you purchased from zarconia. Then you must wait until it is setup. They will then send you a email with all of the server info.

Quote · 22 May 2014

I believe he now uses the name dedicatedserver4you.com.  For some reason he likes to incorporate other peoples names into his own.  In this case, server4you.com

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 22 May 2014

you need to download the Boonex installation package, unzip the freaking files and follow the instructions or follow the instructions on this site where you download the file.

You need a FTP client which you will use to connect to the web server if you're not familiar with Cpanel.

you need to hire someone to do it for you, seriously. 

Quote · 22 May 2014

Hello pitodosa,

Thanks for your interest in Zarconia. If you need any help with a recent order, please open a support ticket from our client area. You can also PM me directly the order number and I'll look into it.

We also include a free move or install with all new shared or dedicated orders. To request either, please open a support ticket.

Regards,

Nathan Paton

Zarconia LLC

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 22 May 2014

From Who??

Not from me. I don't sell hosting. I only recommend them because i believe they are the best and it is where i host my site.

If you purchased from zarconia. Then you must wait until it is setup. They will then send you a email with all of the server info.

Oh ok, I thought you were part of Zarconia.  Yes, I purchased from them and received the email with the server info but can not log into the CPANEL to install Boonex yet.

Quote · 22 May 2014

Hello pitodosa,

Thanks for your interest in Zarconia. If you need any help with a recent order, please open a support ticket from our client area. You can also PM me directly the order number and I'll look into it.

Regards,

Nathan Paton

Zarconia LLC

Yes, I received the email with the server info but can not log into the CPANEL to install Boonex yet.

Quote · 22 May 2014

Yes, I received the email with the server info but can not log into the CPANEL to install Boonex yet.

Hosting accounts are setup automatically right after ordering. Please PM me your order number so I can look into this for you.

You can also login directly to cPanel by clicking the "Login to cPanel" button under the service details for your order in our client area.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
Quote · 22 May 2014

Hello,

DedicatedServer4You and BoonexHosting are partnered companies / services.

We do indeed have a promotion (can be used on either site) on at the moment where new customers can have any dedicated server free for 1 month but this is subject to $30.00 setup fee.

At DedicatedServer4You there are 24 servers to choose from. You are correct; the promo code is: ONEMONTHFREE

This is our official thread / support forum at BoonEx about our services for both sites: HERE

i found dedicatedserver4you at these forum and only pay 30$ setup for one months on dedicated server

i think coupon was onemonthfree but i have install rms myself if want

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
Quote · 22 May 2014

Hosting accounts are setup automatically right after ordering. Please PM me your order number so I can look into this for you.

You can also login directly to cPanel by clicking the "Login to cPanel" button under the service details for your order in our client area.

Thank you for all your help so far you guys get a A+ from me!

Quote · 22 May 2014

No, actually it was a smart move / business store front name and not intentional in the way to put it; to have similar name even though it clearly is.

It sits very nicely with my other online businesses including SSLCertificate4You  and my other business domain names / websites I own that contain the '4you' part; which are all owned and operated by Server & Hosting Solutions.

For some reason he likes to incorporate other peoples names into his own.

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
Quote · 22 May 2014

Sometimes I just want to tip them 10-30$ for coffee to show my appreciations at Zarcon as a company or Nathan as individual.

@Luclonely - Feel free to send those 'tips' on over.. Laughing (they probably would go towards a cold adult beverage though)

@Pitodosa - Welcome to Zarconia. I see Nathan is already on top of things for you.

Thank you to everyone for the recommendations!!!!!

Nothing to see here
Quote · 22 May 2014

No, actually it was a smart move / business store front name and not intentional in the way to put it; to have similar name even though it clearly is.
It sits very nicely with my other online businesses including SSLCertificate4You  and my other business domain names / websites I own that contain the '4you' part; which are all owned and operated by Server & Hosting Solutions.

I can't find a good reason to buy ssls from SSLCertificate4You, just saying :|

so much to do....
Quote · 22 May 2014

LOL< I sometimes just sit in my chair and laugh.... Luclonely, does your name have anything to do with the fact that no woman would ever spend time with you? I'm going to make sure that when I show up to tow your car out of the ditch that I completely and totally ridicule you on the side of the road because you don't know what a wire rope is or how to properly use a sling..... Of course that would be after I offer you the 'instructions' and stand back while you rip the bumpers off your 1970 pinto....

CoolCoolFoot in MouthMoney Mouth

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
Quote · 22 May 2014

You can't find good reason ?

We partnered up with Enom and other leading web security brands and in-turn have HUGE discounts that we pass on to our customers.

An example of one great saving right now is the 'Comodo EV SSL Certificate'

buying directly with Comodo will cost you $359.00 per year

buying with SSLCertificate4You will cost you $250.00 per year (Saving of $109.00 per year!)

All our SSL Certificates and Web Security Products are from the most trusted brands at fraction of the cost compared.

You may not find a need to buy SSL Certificates or security products from SSLCertificate4You but hundreds of other customers have found the need and been very happy with the savings.

Quote · 22 May 2014

You can't find good reason ?

We partnered up with Enom and other web leading security brands and in-turn have HUGE discounts that we pass on to our customers.

An example of one great saving right now is the 'Comodo EV SSL Certificate'

buying directly with Comodo will cost you $359.00 per year

buying with SSLCertificate4You will cost you $200.00 per year (Saving of $109.00 per year)

All our SSL Certificates and Web Security Products are from the most trusted brands at fraction of the cost compared.

You may not find a need to buy SSL Certificates or security products from SSLCertificate4You but hundreds of other customers have found the need and been very happy with the savings.

I looked at buying a SSL certificate but was unsure exactly how to fill out the form; what exactly to enter for the requested information and I did do some homework on setting up an SSL certificate.  How much hand holding can you provide if one buys a SSL certificate through your company?

Geeks, making the world a better place
Quote · 22 May 2014

Of course we will help every step of the way ... in most cases it's as simple as providing the domain name the SSL Certificate is for, filling in your address / company address.

Quote · 22 May 2014

@Detective08

I meant no disrespect, i am just saying i don't find the prices as cheap as i could find from namecheap.com/ssls.com and i haven't spend time to look at more places and those are some well known names, but this is just my opinion.

so much to do....
Quote · 22 May 2014

I'm not saying I'm the cheapest on the web ... Cheaper than 80% of sites of the web maybe!

We do however have offers on some of our certs that beat the big sites!

I am guessing some customers have not come across NameCheap before mine and have still been happy compared to buying directly from the BIG names like Comodo.

I meant no disrespect, i am just saying i don't find the prices as cheap as i could find from namecheap.com/ssls.com and i haven't spend time to look at more places and those are some well known names, but this is just my opinion.

Quote · 22 May 2014

Detective08 saved my bacon when moving from Smackhunt to a virtual dedicated server. His prices are better than anywhere else, his service is beyond belief. My site has been running with 100% uptime and sub one second response times. Josh, you are THE MAN! Thanks a billion.

Rod | www.mystampworld.net | hosted with BoonexHosting.com
Quote · 23 May 2014

You can snag a entry level ssl for free:

http://www.startssl.com/?app=1

I haven't used them, but I hear it's decent for free.

Hosting I am not impressed by server4you.com. Honestly I wouldn't use them if they paid me to do so. They have more negative reviews than most others combined. Well maybe not, but it sure seems like it. Google server4you reviews and you won't be disappointed.

Plenty of them out there these days though. Take your pick, do some research and testing before you commit to anything long term.

DialMe.com - Your One and Only Source For Boonex Dolphin Tutorials and Resources
Quote · 25 May 2014

The thing with server4you is most people expect the servers to be managed and indeed they are not. I have servers through their mother company and I can tell you that the network is AWESOME and servers are industry leading hardware. If you can admin own servers then you can't beat them IMO.

Quote · 25 May 2014

I don't have a server from server4you. But the prices are good, so i have looked into them before. And i also believe most of the bad reports seen in the search engines are from people that don't know how to administer a server.

Quote · 25 May 2014

This is a fact!

And i also believe most of the bad reports seen in the search engines are from people that don't know how to administer a server.

There is nothing wrong with their network or servers and many large hosting companies are built around them etc so this speaks volumes in itself.

Quote · 25 May 2014

Thank you rodt; I just noticed this ...

My site has been running with 100% uptime and sub one second response times. Josh, you are THE MAN! Thanks a billion.

Quote · 25 May 2014

RE:

Hosting I am not impressed by server4you.com. Honestly I wouldn't use them if they paid me to do so. They have more negative reviews than most others combined.

They can't be all bad, since everybody around here is a s4y reseller.  I host with them directly using their vps offerings.  Dolphin pretty much runs on their vps (Cent OS) without doing anything special.  A few tweaks to mysql and php.ini is really all that is required.  Backups can be automated.  Once you have the thing set up, there really isn't much management to do, other than seeing that backups are actually happening, and occasional license updating.  However, there are quite a few around here need their hand held, and paying a reseller seems to give them a warm fuzzy feeling. We all know how I feel about resellers by now, so I won't elaborate too much on it.

For the most part s4y is a decent hosting company.  In two years of hosting with them, up time has been very good, with two exceptions.  Twice, their vps system for my sites went down for an extended period of time. The first time, it lasted about 8 hours.  The second time, nearly 24 hours.  Although the up time between those two events was 100%, those two occurrences are enough reason doubt s4y for  critical applications.  I expect I would be able to say the exact same things about any hosting company though. Bad things happen to servers, and when the do, you are at the mercy of someone else to get you back up.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
Quote · 25 May 2014

I don't deal with them but their mother company ...

since everybody around here is a s4y reseller.

Quote · 25 May 2014

RE:

I don't deal with them but their mother company ...

since everybody around here is a s4y reseller.

Not likely, since the mother company provides services though various US and EU brands, and wouldn't deal with you directly.

Quote · 25 May 2014

Yeah, your right actually ... I deal directly with PlusServer

Not likely, since the mother company provides services though various US and EU brands, and wouldn't deal with you directly.

Quote · 25 May 2014

Yeah, your right actually ... I deal directly with PlusServer

I use ServerLoft, you can get 1Gbit Connections there instead of 100Mbit. I'm using their RootServerXXL which is what they call the VPS Packages. I added 3 more IP's to my package for a total of 137.00 Per Month. 2TB of Disk Space with RAID5 Data Protection and Automated Server Backups is really nice to have. With everything else that's included is really hard to beat. The only thing I wish I could change would be getting cPanel on there instead of Plesk, but for the money, I'm dealing with it.

• 3x 1,000 GB, RAID 5
  • 8 dedicated cores
  • 24 virtual cores
  • 48 GB RAM guaranteed
  • 1 static IP included
  • Traffic Flat Rate
  • 1 Gbit/s port
Quote · 26 May 2014

Almost all the BIG hosting companies are providing Plesk as standard ... You can still have cPanel through any of their sites / partner companies; you just need to let them know it's what you want.

I use to prefer cPanel but I am actually thinking Plesk is a lot better than cPanel in many ways also.

The only thing I wish I could change would be getting cPanel on there instead of Plesk

Quote · 27 May 2014

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.