7.1 Latest Updates Before Beta

Thought I would start a new topic on 7.1 extra features I like before the Beta comes out.

Seems to be a lot of interest which is great!

Today I noticed that the "Articles" module is now on the mobile apps home page!

This is excellent news for all of us!

Now we have a way to inform all mobile app site users about updates on the site, rules, or whatever.

The use of this added feature makes the app more user friendly.

Boonex keeps on a Rockin!!

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
12 Sep 2012

I see a lot of people asking for "Pruning" features, looks like we will get those.

Right now they are limited, I would like to see more "options" on content to purge.

reCAPTCHA on our join form!

12 Sep 2012

A third mobile app page called "search"

with keyword

or Location Search! excellent!

12 Sep 2012

A separate block called

Profile Photo Swicher, this is another user friendly addition.
12 Sep 2012

OMG, please use your mobile phone and the demo account to check out the Article section on mobile.

You will be happy!!

user: demo

pass: demo1

12 Sep 2012

This is for those complaining about the "Outline" / "Timeline" feature and what you can actually do with it..

You can remove it from the index completely or edit/tailor to your needs.

Timeline Options

12 Sep 2012

Just update mynewbeetle to SVN 16870

They fixed the calendar like Houston reported, the seconds are gone!..

Total New Look Of Calendar

You do see the slider selector, the "Now" button, and the drop down selectors. This is an excellent change AlexT!

13 Sep 2012

The change to the calendar is site wide, events, banners, where ever there is a calendar.

So much better! Thanks so much for this important user friendly change!!!

From the admin banner section...Banner Calendar with Drop Down

Banner Calendar with Drop Down

13 Sep 2012

This is for those complaining about the "Outline" / "Timeline" feature and what you can actually do with it..

Hi Mike,

no matter what i do, The Outline/Timeline is just NOT there.
Checked out revision 16872.

BR
m. 

buzzdev.com - Mobile Developers Community
13 Sep 2012

The outline will appear. Just add a photo, blog or any content and it will show.

Hi Mike,

no matter what i do, The Outline/Timeline is just NOT there.
Checked out revision 16872.

BR
m. 

13 Sep 2012

installed 16872

added media content but still no timeline or outline showing!

Checked page bocks, not there either

13 Sep 2012

installed 16872

added media content but still no timeline or outline showing!

Checked page bocks, not there either

...same here...

buzzdev.com - Mobile Developers Community
13 Sep 2012

OK guys, the outline will show content, not reply's or comments(it will show how many comment the media has.)

The timeline you see on my demo site is something I did via database edit.

If you decide to move your timeline to the index, you must make sure to only set for members to see, otherwise guest will be able to delete all content from timeline; be careful with moving that.

13 Sep 2012

So I see today we have jumped to SVN 16873 as of this morning.. 2012-09-13

I will be removing the updated modules and reinstalling the them, data will be lost.

• events >done
  • files >done
  • groups >done
  • photos >done
  • poll >done
  • sites >done
  • sounds >done
  • store >done
  • and videos >done

I'm not going to try to re install photos, I did a full backup of data but don't want to risk breaking.

13 Sep 2012

I am having my 7.1 installed today, however i have an important question, was there an improvement in security?

Everyday is a new beginning.
13 Sep 2012

I am having my 7.1 installed today, however i have an important question, was there an improvement in security?

Security? How so? Explain what security holes your referring to that are known that have not already been fixed.

You are aware that dolphin 7.1 is not a production ready version correct?

https://www.deanbassett.com
13 Sep 2012

We have improvements, security is always top priority I would hope.

That's why I'm spending so much time even before the Beta release so I can be on top of all the problems I'm going to have converting my sites.

So far, all of them will be converted, templates lost, who cares. I'm sure developers are working very hard on new stuff for us.

This new Dolphin is a whole 'nother world as far as I see. Light years ahead of 7.0.9!

13 Sep 2012

Something AlexT brought to my attention..

I don't see captcha on your join form.
Is it on the second step ?

Also to make reCAPTCHA work you need to enter keys for it in Admin Panel -> Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Tools -> Security:
reCAPTCHA public key
reCAPTCHA private key

Keys can be generated here:
http://www.google.com/recaptcha

I did separate my join form to stop spamming. I noticed spam with the join form as one page/step process.

13 Sep 2012

Glad to be testing Deanos Facebook Connect on mynewbeetle.net 7.1 Demo

Works as expected! Excellent work.

http://www.boonex.com/m/Deanos_Facebook_Connect_Version_2_0

http://www.boonex.com/forums/topic/Deanos-Facebook-Connect-Support.htm

14 Sep 2012

RE

Just update mynewbeetle to SVN 16870

They fixed the calendar like Houston reported, the seconds are gone!..

Total New Look Of Calendar

You do see the slider selector, the "Now" button, and the drop down selectors. This is an excellent change AlexT!

They probably should have configured the picker for 12 hour am/pm  format, but it's a pretty easy change.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
14 Sep 2012

Don't you like the change though? It is so much easier to use now.

Is that an option? [edit](to make those changes you mention)

Obviously it might be, there were a lot of files to up load for this change.

Of course I know nothing about how this works..

14 Sep 2012

I'm getting pummeled by PM's on how to make the background, and the top menus have opacity.

your going to add this to your /templates/_header.html at the end..

Please change the image link to yours and your good to go.

<style>body{background: url("http://www.mynewbeetle.net/photos/bkg1.jpg") Top Center no-repeat;background-attachment:fixed; background-color:#ffffff;}
.page_block_container{filter:alpha(opacity=99); -moz-opacity:0.990; -khtml-opacity: 0.990; opacity: 0.990;}
div.sys_top_menu{filter:alpha(opacity=90); -moz-opacity:0.90; -khtml-opacity: 0.90; opacity: 0.90;}
div.sys_main_logo {background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)}
.page_block_container {background-color:#fff;background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.99)}
div.dbContent{background-color:#fff;background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.99)}
</style>
Clean your cache and you should be good....

Have fun!

14 Sep 2012

OMG, please use your mobile phone and the demo account to check out the Article section on mobile.

You will be happy!!

Do you mean the mobile app? I tried connecting to your site with the app this morning but received errors. When I go to it in the mobile browser, it's no different than the full browser version?

14 Sep 2012

You will be happy!!

Do you mean the mobile app? I tried connecting to your site with the app this morning but received errors. When I go to it in the mobile browser, it's no different than the full browser version?

yes , the mobile app

in mobile app site url: http://mynewbeetle.net/7.1/

works on my android fine, and select "articles" you can see the article "Welcome to the Mobile Site" when opened, it is in the mobile app.

14 Sep 2012

You will be happy!!

what is your user name or are you using the demo account?

14 Sep 2012

don't forget to try the new search feature as well

14 Sep 2012

Glad to be testing Deanos Facebook Connect on mynewbeetle.net 7.1 Demo

Works as expected! Excellent work.

That's great!

Do you know if the problem with the Page Access Control's module has been fixed as well?

Also, what would be the best way to deal with all these new files being changed on the SVN, do you just do a merge of the updated files without downloading again the whole 7.1 file or??

15 Sep 2012

This new Dolphin is a whole 'nother world as far as I see. Light years ahead of 7.0.9! 

So, lets do some maths.

If Mars it's roughly 4.35 light MINUTES away from us and it takes between 7 months and 2 years before we can get to it, how long it would takes for Dolphin 7.1 to reach us???

15 Sep 2012

So, lets do some maths.

If Mars it's roughly 4.35 light MINUTES away from us and it takes between 7 months and 2 years before we can get to it, how long it would takes for Dolphin 7.1 to reach us???

You have the most verbose imagination I've seen in quite sometime.

Do you know if the problem with the Page Access Control's module has been fixed as well?

Patience, modules will install but there is a work around.

Due to the prior testing before their even is the Beta release, I just will share the testing of the demo  I have at mynewbeetle.net for now.

Yes some 3rd party modules work for 7.1 but hacked for now.

Deanos FB Connect is tried and confirmed to work with 7.1! Kudos Deano!

Other  modules that I test on another private 7.1 testbed site; so for 50/50 on working, but I'm sure developers are updating as necessary.

Facebook connect changes are coming in October so perhaps their is a hold up there, this is just my opinion.

Right now, I wish I could go live, but I'm waiting... maybe there are a few more surprises for us with the PAC and Dolphin FB Connect modules.

Enjoy! I am...

15 Sep 2012

Imagination??? i thought we were talking about real stuff in here, you are kinda reinforcing my suspect that this food's cart street vendor it's spiking my noodle's bowl with something weird everydays...i am going to investigate

My concern is about the modules which are dowloaded as default with the Dolphin's package, i know there are another gazyllion 3rd party stuff out there, but for now, i would be an happy camper if i could manage to make the standard stuff works as they were intended to.

I am going to hold till the basic modules are confirmed to be working

Thanks

15 Sep 2012

Imagination??? i thought we were talking about real stuff in here, you are kinda reinforcing my suspect that this food's cart street vendor it's spiking my noodle's bowl with something weird everydays...i am going to investigate

My concern is about the modules which are dowloaded as default with the Dolphin's package, i know there are another gazyllion 3rd party stuff out there, but for now, i would be an happy camper if i could manage to make the standard stuff works as they were intended to.

I am going to hold till the basic modules are confirmed to be working

Thanks

I said there is a know work around/core edit to get the PAC and Facebook connect modules to install.

I will not share publicly... you want in PM I will send it; but don't post here.

15 Sep 2012

I said there is a know work around/core edit to get the PAC and Facebook connect modules to install.

I will not share publicly... you want in PM I will send it; but don't post here.

With the time passing by, i kind of developed an allergy to privileges, so, if it will reach me, i got to share it...Laughing

16 Sep 2012

Game Day!!

Anyway, looks like the spam controls are working. Beetle Demo was spammed and blocked, several times. This is what you want to see in your mail box and not on your site.

Spam report details:

Profile: Я есть hertreg
Page: /7.1/modules/index.php
GET variables:

Array
(
    [r] => sites/browse/my/add
)

Spam Content:

<p>Red Bottoms,Cheap Sale Christian Louboutin Shoes at Red Bottom Shoes Online Store</p>

-----

My New Beetle (DEMO) mail delivery system!!! Auto-generated e-mail, please, do not reply!!!

16 Sep 2012

in the new 7.1, will we finally have the capability to turn off the friends mod? it is the single biggest limiting factor of Dolphin.

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
16 Sep 2012

in the new 7.1, will we finally have the capability to turn off the friends mod? it is the single biggest limiting factor of Dolphin.

Not sure what your meaning Sky?

did you sign up to demo? If you do, I will give you admin privileges to check out the features..

16 Sep 2012

Same result on other test sites though.

Take a look at

http://mynewbeetle.net/7.1/index.php

Also here, any videos that are embedded appear as a tall vertical section of the video in outline, not a thumbnail view. Most likely this is a problem with outline and not ffmpeg binary as its not just on my site and server... 

did you sign up to demo? If you do, I will give you admin privileges to check out the features..

16 Sep 2012

Same result on other test sites though.

Take a look at

http://mynewbeetle.net/7.1/index.php

Also here, any videos that are embedded appear as a tall vertical section of the video in outline, not a thumbnail view. Most likely this is a problem with outline and not ffmpeg binary as its not just on my site and server... 

You are correct, those are "embedded" video's; this latest pull/update I did broke my video uploads. Or I did.. embedded or uploaded videos do have that huge slice, so as Andrew B stated, its "something new" and the bugs are being worked out. I'm sure it will end up being thumbnails just like photos, site, and sounds..

17 Sep 2012

I've always complained that not all sites have the membership levels of Facebook. The whole idea of 'friends' was developed specifically by Facebook  to deal with the massive amount of users and the security issues that go along with that. Without that massive user base, having to make 'friends' with other members of a site just gets in the way of productivity.

It can also make a site look dead and unused. I have 2 different mods running on my 7.09 trying to alleviate this problem but the best solution would just be to completely eliminate the idea of 'friends' altogether. Setting basic permission levels for access in the forums as well as using groups to create more private places to speak would be more than sufficient.

AT THE VERY LEAST, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SWITCH THE FUNCTIONALITY OFF COMPLETELY IF YOU SO DESIRE.

17 Sep 2012

@Sky,

I see your point now.

17 Sep 2012

It's a point I've been making for almost 2 years. It really does fall on deaf ears around here. Thanks for the reply. At least I know someone has read it and understands my point. Thanks.

19 Sep 2012

Man, the spammers have Dolphins number. I put up the new changes yesterday and forgot to disable joins. I now have 217 spammer members in a 24 hour period. LOLOL!

It might be fun if Boonex would just change the join page names a little. Would screw all the auto script sup.

19 Sep 2012

16896 - Installed SEP19

It's been a few revisions since I've tested anything, but the changes I've seen are excellent.

I enjoyed the new appearance of the installation script, much cleaner.

I can not get videos to upload, no matter the chosen method. Page Access Control module will not install for me either.

I noticed I receive HTTP 500 errors with certain modules (Events, Groups) when trying to create a new item while using my custom theme. Not sure what they changed from a few revisions ago to cause this to break yet.

20 Sep 2012

Man, the spammers have Dolphins number. I put up the new changes yesterday and forgot to disable joins. I now have 217 spammer members in a 24 hour period. LOLOL!

It might be fun if Boonex would just change the join page names a little. Would screw all the auto script sup.

Did you enable the new reCaptcha?

20 Sep 2012

It's a point I've been making for almost 2 years. It really does fall on deaf ears around here.

You got to take your time while dealing with the Holdphin, i am sure it's not deaf, maybe it's only having a siesta, you know, one of those loooooong power's naps.

In the mean time, make sure you hold tight on that phin...

I am going to buy a new sombrero now, this one it's already all wrinkle Wink

20 Sep 2012

Did you enable the new reCaptcha?

Nope. Installed it and went to bed. My fault. I was just commenting on how fast they found it and took advantage of it

20 Sep 2012

Nope. Installed it and went to bed. My fault. I was just commenting on how fast they found it and took advantage of it

It's true they have our "number" or actually our URL already.

When I first did the demo and didn't notice I had not set it up. I got lots of spam as well.

After enabling, it stopped.

This to shows just how well it does work. I could turn it off and the site gets hammered.

20 Sep 2012

When I first did the demo and didn't notice I had not set it up. I got lots of spam as well.

This to shows just how well it does work. I could turn it off and the site gets hammered.

I spoke too soon, looked at my demo this morning, spammed...

So with the new captcha, askimet, and other options.. looks like our battle will not end. Yell

20 Sep 2012

Chat Room

I think the chat room module is being worked on..

or is this the same? I don't remember seeing this #desc#.  before in the members info on the chat page.

Also the time the user has been in chatting, and time in room.

chat-changes.jpg · 101.2K · 1947 views
20 Sep 2012

I spoke too soon, looked at my demo this morning, spammed...

So with the new captcha, askimet, and other options.. looks like our battle will not end. Yell

I have virtually eliminated all the spam from my 7.09 site by adding a question a human needs to answer (remember spam..spam..spam..IDEA!). I will be applying those to the new version. Between that and the Captcha, I think the problem will be as resolved as it will ever get.

22 Sep 2012

One more point needs to be made here. The idea of a human question on the join page is one that works for all sites. I don't see where it would take very much work at all to make that a default feature of Dolphin and would go a long way to completely eliminating the spam problems people experience as new users of Dolphin.

I'm just sayin....

PS. captcha is all fine and dandy but like anything, it will always eventually be defeated. The technology to create an unreadable image only barely stays ahead of the technology capable of reading it, hence failure is always imminent.  The Human Question idea will be far harder to defeat, especially if you get into creating answers based on ideas instead of facts. Of course, once someone finally cracks the AI secret, that will be defeated too but that's a long way off.

22 Sep 2012

Ads testing has revealed a bug.

Adding or editing a subcategory does not complete when you click the "Add Subcategory" button. It just sits there. If you click the "Add Subcategory" button, then click your mouse outside the popup box, it will complete successfully.

Just sayin...

22 Sep 2012

One more point needs to be made here. The idea of a human question on the join page is one that works for all sites. I don't see where it would take very much work at all to make that a default feature of Dolphin and would go a long way to completely eliminating the spam problems people experience as new users of Dolphin.

I'm just sayin....

PS. captcha is all fine and dandy but like anything, it will always eventually be defeated. The technology to create an unreadable image only barely stays ahead of the technology capable of reading it, hence failure is always imminent.  The Human Question idea will be far harder to defeat, especially if you get into creating answers based on ideas instead of facts. Of course, once someone finally cracks the AI secret, that will be defeated too but that's a long way off.

I agree..

23 Sep 2012

Can I use russian language letters in Login name in D 7.1?

24 Sep 2012

Just finished the SVN of tonight/todays work> SVN 16921

WOW at the changes, check my demo out! http://mynewbeetle.net/7.1/index.php

our little avatars say "offline" or "online" how cute.. lol

Lots of changes! thanks Boonex!!!!

26 Sep 2012

updated test site to 16943

noticed the WALL module now shows as TIMELINE when adding new modules.

But, I now have lost access to TIMELINE settings in admin. 

I just get this message

_WALL_MSG_NO_RESULTS

27 Sep 2012

Just updated to SVN 16947 Cool

http://mynewbeetle.net/7.1/newton27

28 Sep 2012

Hi Newton are you getting the same issue I have with Wall / Timeline mod?

In admin it now installs as Timeline and not Wall, but if I click settings in admin for Timeline I get an error. Cant make any changes as to what shows on timeline or not..!

Is this fixed in latest branch?

28 Sep 2012

Hi Newton are you getting the same issue I have with Wall / Timeline mod?

In admin it now installs as Timeline and not Wall, but if I click settings in admin for Timeline I get an error. Cant make any changes as to what shows on timeline or not..!

Is this fixed in latest branch?

yes same error but I'm not worried; this is half ass hacked demo a site.... lol

Take the Facebook and PAC modules, they still do not install unless I hack a file.. so there is a reason they don't install, they are not finished with those modules yet... this is just my opinion.

It's not in Beta yet, I'm sure they know the problems and perhaps the timeline/wall is under construction still, obviously...

When I updated the SVN pull, I looked at file changes, most were module language files and a lot of css modified files.

There were several swf's for the chat module, so that tells me too they are working on the chat module.

There are so many "small" changes they have made but are really "big" improvements!

When I see they updated a module with a new setting in the sql file in the install folder, I removed the old module and re install, that is why some photos go missing or videos/audio.

16920 > 16947 were mostly language and css changes..

28 Sep 2012

Here's a pretty nifty glitch in the latest updates.

You have to refresh the page to activate the new blocks added. Hope you all can play the swf file. (I found the video is a lot clearer this way). If not, I'll convert it to an mp4 or sumthin for ya

http://townation.com/m/files/view/refreshtoenablenewitem

30 Sep 2012

Completed:

At revision: 16967 02:16:34 2012-10-02

[edit]  If you are a member on the DEMO..

modules that were updated; so they were removed and reinstalled.

• Photos
  • Blogs
  • Sites

more css changes..

2 Oct 2012

I have to say I notice one big change that members have always complained about..

the "when I hoover over icon and befriend, the box stays there; I have to manually click the little negative symbol!"

now, the "pop up," wherever you "hoover" comes up in the top left of the page, i.e. "browse.php"  page, and you select "befriend" or "greeting" and the box nicely goes away and you continue on to hoover with the same popup top left!

Thank you Thank YOU!!!

2 Oct 2012
boonexsupport.com

Dear Я есть lance,

Your profile was reviewed and activated !

Your Account: http://mynewbeetle.net/7.1/member.php

Member ID: 2019

Your E-mail: xxxxxx@gmail.com

This is an automated email. Please don't reply. To unsubscribe - login to your account, edit your profile and uncheck 'Receive site notifications' option.
Our website is powered by BoonEx Dolphin. Anyone can create their own niche social network using BoonEx software. 

so when you have the "Licenses" do that

"Our website is powered by BoonEx Dolphin. Anyone can create their own niche social network using BoonEx software. "

under the footer come off all your site your email?

4 Oct 2012

Follow up now that all the default Dolphin modules install.

I have now started testing my older modules, that have not been updated, and I don't expect some to because some vendors are living on the moon now, I think

The default Boonex RPX module works perfect as before. Working now on DEMO

as stated before, I'm just editing the config.php files in my free and paid for modules..

i.e.  RPX.... modules/boonex/rpx/install/config.php

you will see something like this..

$aConfig = array(

/**

* Main Section.

*/

'title' => 'RPX integration',

'version' => '2.0.2',

'vendor' => 'Boonex',

'update_url' => '',

'compatible_with' => array(

'7.0.x'

),

/**

change the   '7.0.x'      '7.1.x'

save the file and upload as usual.

NOT all modules will work! MOST have..

18 Oct 2012

123 Flash Chat works great on install too..

[edit] Earthball 1.1.0 by AndrewP as well

19 Oct 2012

This is a bit of a tease... be fore warned,

UPGRADE IS NOT COMPLETE, but the SVN upgrade section is looking very very close..

I'm too excited not to post

a-bit-of-a-tease.png · 136.4K · 1723 views
19 Oct 2012

Just finished updating to SVN 17082..

They have added the Russian Languages Module now, it shows on the "Bottom" menu of the site..

lots of CSS clean ups, one SVN pull update was over 1,000 + changed files site wide.

I can see most changes, finding more as I explore.

Looking good!

23 Oct 2012

I have been noticing that too. I guess we are not too far away from the beta. Here is my updated test site. http://socialtechnet.com

23 Oct 2012

Photo browsing is really annoying.   The view photo page reloading is not very smooth when advancing through album photos.  Why Boonex can't load new photos/comments using ajax, escapes me.  Navigating photo albums is still crap, and it's probably going to stay crap. 

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
23 Oct 2012

Photo browsing is really annoying.   The view photo page reloading is not very smooth when advancing through album photos.  Why Boonex can't load new photos/comments using ajax, escapes me.  Navigating photo albums is still crap, and it's probably going to stay crap. 

How else would they sell a photo mod upgrade?

24 Oct 2012

looks like a HTML5 video and audio player is coming with Osho ...

http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/paansystems - your resource for Dolphin Pro
24 Oct 2012

I need you guys to explain what Ajax will do for photos, what is HTML5 audio and video going to do.

I could easily google this, but some of you could enlighten me better, PLEASE..

24 Oct 2012

RE:

I need you guys to explain what Ajax will do for photos, what is HTML5 audio and video going to do.

Using Ajax will allow loading of new photos and associated comments without reloading the entire page.  It's faster and smoother.  Boonex's argument against it, is that is breaks search engine indexing because all album photos will have the same url.  MY argument for it, is that the end user doesn't care about all the search engine stuff.  Besides.... how often do people use a search engine to find photos on a social networking site?  I really don't think search engine indexing of individual photos is as important.as Boonex thinks it is.

HTML5 audio and video will make Dolphin sites more compatible with mobile device browsers.

24 Oct 2012

SEO on photos is prob not that much a big thing as most photos Ive seen uploaded dont even get named. they just have the 387976087689234982.jpg number that gets assigned to them by mobiles and cams...

ajax loading would be good!

24 Oct 2012

yeah ajax photo browsing would be awesome!

24 Oct 2012

will 7.1 have recurring membership payments or will we still be restricted to single payments - meaning every time a paid membership expires we have to do 'the sale' all over again for each and every member... 

THIS should be a key addition to payments/membership module.

24 Oct 2012

RE:

Using Ajax will allow loading of new photos and associated comments without reloading the entire page.  It's faster and smoother.  Boonex's argument against it, is that is breaks search engine indexing because all album photos will have the same url.  MY argument for it, is that the end user doesn't care about all the search engine stuff.  Besides.... how often do people use a search engine to find photos on a social networking site?  I really don't think search engine indexing of individual photos is as important.as Boonex thinks it is.

HTML5 audio and video will make Dolphin sites more compatible with mobile device browsers.

Thanks, fully understand now too.

I would rather have the Ajax option.

24 Oct 2012

I agree. Ajax me baby!

25 Oct 2012

I'm going through the latest SVN now at 17095 and updating http://mynewbeetle.net/7.1/

SVN 17086 they have modified ffmpeg.exe, original was 10MB, the new one is 20+MB in size.

I wonder what was done to it?!

I see the html5av stuff now and updating.

25 Oct 2012

Excellent! Now able to set the video/audio upload size via admin panel.. regardless of php.ini settings(as long as you have a max above the limits set), this is GREAT!

Maximal size of one file (in Megabytes): 64 (this is default video setting)

Maximal size of one file (in Megabytes): 32 (this is default audio setting)

25 Oct 2012

Well, I guess they are not done working on the video processing.

Just tried upload and it processed but I get this error I have never seen.

_SYS_MEDIA_NOT_FOUND

25 Oct 2012

BUT!!!

Check out the new LOOK of the audio player, THANKS Boonex!!!!!!

http://mynewbeetle.net/7.1/m/sounds/view/Sinead-O-Connor-I-Want-Your-Hands-On-Me-Razormaid-mp3

25 Oct 2012

ahemmmmmm... I followed the link to the new media player... all excited I was.....

But it wasnt there... I can see the page in IE, but no player.....

just thought i would mention it : )

25 Oct 2012

ahemmmmmm... I followed the link to the new media player... all excited I was.....

But it wasnt there... I can see the page in IE, but no player.....

just thought i would mention it : )

its there now, I had removed the HTML5 Audio/Video player to try to get the videos to play.

Should work in all browsers, I just tested..

25 Oct 2012

ah! this opens the door for expandability . awesome

so much to do....
25 Oct 2012

I got my beta test letter this morning with the links, thanks for letting me have the chance to fully test.

First to test is the upgrade script.. ! I'm so excited..

I'll of course be asking for testers of my Beta site coming later today.

25 Oct 2012

Hi,

testing:

http://mynewbeetle.net/7.1/m/sounds/view/Sinead-O-Connor-I-Want-Your-Hands-On-Me-Razormaid-mp3

Seems to work in Chrome but not IE8.

I know that IE8 isn't the latest but used on many company computers.

PLAY SOUND (IE8).bmp · 514.9K · 433 views
PLAY SOUND (CHROME).bmp · 607.1K · 436 views
7.1 My favorite number
25 Oct 2012

He's right. My office computers also use 8 because the software we use to run our company won't function properly in ie9.

25 Oct 2012

My "Beta" Dolphin is up for your testing...

http://mynewbeetle.net

25 Oct 2012

why you call your site official beta? as stated in the email it is unofficial!! Tongue Out

My "Beta" Dolphin is up for your testing...

http://mynewbeetle.net

25 Oct 2012

opp's, ok 'UN official" 

25 Oct 2012

I know one thing too, my DEMO works better..

the beta is not processing videos.

If you upload five audio files, it takes ffmpeg a LOT longer to process them now..

7.0.9 or the DEMO I have up, process very quickly

25 Oct 2012

Newton, is this the SVN test site or the Beta test release Andrew has mentioned?

26 Oct 2012

New Pre Beta of Dolphin 7.1 installed for testing.. http://prebeta71.dolphinboonex.com

Templates and Modules for Dolphin 7.3 http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/Giovanni_m
26 Oct 2012

Newton, is this the SVN test site or the Beta test release Andrew has mentioned?

Actually both are on mynewbeetle.net..

The home made splash page gives you a choice.

The DEMO link is top right corner and is my SVN pulls I have been building and maintaining for a while.

The Beta sent to me from Boonex link is on the middle left of splash at mynewbeetle.net/index.html

26 Oct 2012

New Pre Beta of Dolphin 7.1 installed for testing.. http://prebeta71.dolphinboonex.com

I see yours processed video, my Beta has not.

Is this the Beta for SVN?

26 Oct 2012

i installed pre beta I received the link yesterday by email for install and test new unofficial beta :)

Templates and Modules for Dolphin 7.3 http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/Giovanni_m
26 Oct 2012

I did too, but my install does not process videos.

I'll do a fresh install to new folder to see what changes..

26 Oct 2012

i installed pre beta I received the link yesterday by email for install and test new unofficial beta :)

Did you install 7.0.9 and then do upgrade as per instructions?

Install 7.0.9, remove several unused modules, then upload 7.1-patch with upgrade folder?

Then apply upgrade patch "7.0.9 - 7.1B1"  "Upgrade?"

I followed all directions and finished. The site module is not displaying where to input shrink the web info, the fields are missing.

I have put together a full video of the entire process and will post soon.

26 Oct 2012
 Did you install 7.0.9 and then do upgrade as per instructions?

Install 7.0.9, remove several unused modules, then upload 7.1-patch with upgrade folder?

Then apply upgrade patch "7.0.9 - 7.1B1"  "Upgrade?"

I followed all directions and finished. The site module is not displaying where to input shrink the web info, the fields are missing.

I have put together a full video of the entire process and will post soon.

found that bug in sites module also, sent the fix to alex today.

i also encountered the problem that the russian language is not available, you too?

also had problems installing the world map module ...

26 Oct 2012

I'm putting together video's of step by step processes I followed and going to post in the note's section so I can edit the content as I need at a later date; be back shortly with the note URL

http://www.boonex.com/n/step-by-step-upgrading-7-0-9-to-7-1

26 Oct 2012

7.0.9 to 7.1 upgraded site demo only!!

http://mynewbeetle.net/709_then_apply_upgrade/index.php

26 Oct 2012

i also encountered the problem that the russian language is not available, you too? also had problems installing the world map module ...

No they both work.

26 Oct 2012

RE:

My install from svn 17103 doesn't process videos either.  It seems to be stuck in the 'pending' queue.  Pending what, I do not know.  

27 Oct 2012

RE:

My install from svn 17103 doesn't process videos either.  It seems to be stuck in the 'pending' queue.  Pending what, I do not know.  

I was speaking of the upgrade patch sent out in mail for test taking a 7.0.9 to 7.1 that was what the instructions said.

Turns out it does process the videos fine, it was the new HTML5 Video/Audio Module. Turning it off allowed the video to "play"

that's the site http://mynewbeetle.net/709_then_apply_upgrade/ this was 7.0.9 then applied the "test" upgrade sent out in mail.. all worked except that issue.

My SVN pull site is the http://mynewbeetle.net/7.1/ @17082 right now, I'll do an update now to see if it stops processing video. Right now it shows "media not found error" if the HTML5 Module is installed, remove the module and the encoded video there and plays.

28 Oct 2012

Updated demo site to SVN 17104 and video's processing fine..

28 Oct 2012

HTML video player still not working for me.

28 Oct 2012

Do all the HTML5 players, audio and video even have flash fallback in case the browser doesnt support html5?

There are still many IE 8 users out there...

28 Oct 2012

I have determined that videos process faster if you remember to set up the cron job

28 Oct 2012

I have determined that videos process faster if you remember to set up the cron job

Thanks for my first good laugh of the day...!

28 Oct 2012

Do all the HTML5 players, audio and video even have flash fallback in case the browser doesnt support html5?

There are still many IE 8 users out there...

It would be nice  to be able to choose one or the other, HTML5 - basic playback.

28 Oct 2012

Really, this is the chance for boonex to correct all the past mistakes.

Netwon are you pre beta tester?

28 Oct 2012

HTML video player still not working for me.

My bad here. I just learned that .H264 has to be "on" now for HTML5 playback.

I always turned it off because of processing time, now that ffmpeg also has been updated, the processing times are not as long as they used to be.

Why does H264 need to be on?

as per AlexT, 

Was "Use H264 codec" setting option enabled when this video was processed ? I suspect that it maybe that this option was turned off - in this case .flv file was generated (instead of more universal .m4v)..flv file can't be played as HTML5 video

I upload the same videos to my demo with it turned on and now they play perfect..! Embarassed

this video is played with the HTML5 Module..

http://mynewbeetle.net/7.1/m/videos/view/Holdman-Christmas4-2012-10-28#view

[edit] The videos are much "clearer/cleaner now!" 

28 Oct 2012

Really, this is the chance for boonex to correct all the past mistakes.

Netwon are you pre beta tester?

yes

28 Oct 2012

2nd video is showing error . and can you confirm that the image in the Profile Photo box is changing when you select image in the Profile Photo Swicher box which is below should the picture in the picture switcher block be the picture to change ?. Plus Switcher has incorrect spelling :O) 

28 Oct 2012

2nd video is showing error . and can you confirm that the image in the Profile Photo box is changing when you select image in the Profile Photo Swicher box which is below should the picture in the picture switcher block be the picture to change ?. Plus Switcher has incorrect spelling :O) 

The video is playing for me in Chrome Browser, have not tested any other browsers.

The language is incorrect there..

PROFILE PHOTO SWICHER

28 Oct 2012

I am using latest fire fox the first video is playing fine . 2nd video ....the error says no video with supported format and mime type found .

28 Oct 2012

I am using latest fire fox the first video is playing fine . 2nd video ....the error says no video with supported format and mime type found .

28 Oct 2012

Here is what i am getting in fire fox ?

28 Oct 2012

Maybe someone else will jump in and post that it is or isn't playing for them too.

28 Oct 2012

Here is what i am getting in fire fox ?

Have you tried the other videos? There all the same, encoded with H264, which I might add is a gizillion times faster at processing the bigger videos, do they play for you?

http://mynewbeetle.net/7.1/m/videos/view/Billy-Idol-Rebel-Yell

28 Oct 2012

The only one that is not playing for me is the one where you changed the icon image capture time I only say this cause the first ones just have blank captured images .

28 Oct 2012

Maybe someone else will jump in and post that it is or isn't playing for them too.

Ok, i'll jump. It is not. I see the same thing, No video with supported format.

28 Oct 2012

Ok, i'll jump. It is not. I see the same thing, No video with supported format.

OK, so I will upload and reprocess the same video and rename to test. Thanks Deano..

28 Oct 2012

The only one that is not playing for me is the one where you changed the icon image capture time I only say this cause the first ones just have blank captured images .

I don't control the "icons" of the video thumbnail, that is because some videos are black at the beginning, some have text on first frames, like Rebel Yell, the first frame of video..

There is a whole other topic of how to change the "seconds into the video thumbnail selector" you can change it to say take thumbnail from 10 seconds into the video. The default is "0"

28 Oct 2012

Upload video again and it processed.. plays

http://mynewbeetle.net/7.1/m/videos/view/Christmas-Video-4-RE-DO

please confirm 

28 Oct 2012

Confirmed.

28 Oct 2012

Confirmed.

does it play? Undecided

28 Oct 2012

Confirmed.

does it play? Undecided

Yes.

I might not be tomorrow. LOL. Last year i had to deal with Irene. This year Sandy.

Hope your not along the eastern US coast.

28 Oct 2012

Confirmed.

does it play? Undecided

Yes.

I might not be tomorrow. LOL. Last year i had to deal with Irene. This year Sandy.

Hope your not along the eastern US coast.

Yes I am.., Jacksonville FL here, we get very lucky every year. I move here one year before Katrina hit Biloxi, my hometown. The place I lived on the beach was totally erased.. I FEEL for you!! Been through many Hurricanes!!

Batten down, maybe it won't be as bad!

28 Oct 2012

I am in western mass. The effects of hurricanes are rare here. But these are different.

Lots of rain, flooding and high winds. This one is expected to be worse than Irene due to it's 900 mile size. The thing is huge.

28 Oct 2012

I've been wondering what's going to happen when a hurricane meets an arctic storm..... Golf ball sized hailstones flying around at 100MPH?

28 Oct 2012

I've been wondering what's going to happen when a hurricane meets an arctic storm..... Golf ball sized hailstones flying around at 100MPH?

I will let you know. I hope not.

28 Oct 2012

I LOVE the weather! Makes me feel alive!!!

There's nothing like doing vehicle recoveries during one of these events to get your blood pumping!

28 Oct 2012

Be safe, people! Really hope that whatever comes would only bring excitement, not destruction. 

Heart Head Hands
29 Oct 2012

this has been fixed on latest SVN.. 

29 Oct 2012

I think you guys should use http://css3pie.com/

This makes all css3 values compatible with internet explorer 6-9.

In general what needs fixing is the stylesheet because its really a mess with higher screen resolutions like 1920 x 1080

HERE A SCREENSHOT OF A PROBLEM:

http://imageupper.com/i/?S0200010060011V135067037955212

Also according to my polls, over 100 users (SVN testers on my site) were unhappy with Dolphin Osho with everything being  crammed together and there’s no clear separation between elements due to all the existing "border lines". Its harder to find things.

Design could be improved alot if proper handling of whitespace between elements were improved. Also some buttons look weird and are not easily readable.

29 Oct 2012

In general what needs fixing is the stylesheet because its really a mess with higher screen resolutions like 1920 x 1080

Also according to my polls, over 100 users (SVN testers on my site) were unhappy with Dolphin Osho with everything being  crammed together and there’s no clear separation between elements due to all the existing "border lines". Its harder to find things.

Design could be improved alot if proper handling of whitespace between elements were improved. Also some buttons look weird and are not easily readable.

Most System that visit are less resolution than that; but it is a good point.

I see that only 7.3% are 1920x1080 of browsers set that high, 70% are in the 1024x768 - 1280x800 range.

Does this also happen when using English?

29 Oct 2012

Most System that visit are less resolution than that; but it is a good point.

I see that only 7.3% are 1920x1080 of browsers set that high, 70% are in the 1024x768 - 1280x800 range.

Does this also happen when using English?

7.3 percent can be millions of users. Thats alot.

I checked it on your site too and in english and german. Its buggy regardless of the translation. The CSS doesnt get fixed. This problem might be fixed during the first beta but I think Boonex should handle this as a crucial and important usability and accesability problem.

The problem is this problem might even be on 1680 x 1050 screen resolutions and others and low screen resolutions are dying (800 x 600) and the famious 1024 x 768 wont be standard for long.

By the way, Newton, did you deactivate your chat for guests? When I enter your chat with a guest user name it endlessly loads, I guess you use a older SVN right or? I really think that they should replace the Ray Chat with a HTML5 chat.

29 Oct 2012

The biggest change I see is the addition of HTML5 video capabilities. I have NEVER been satisfied with the current flash state of things (mostly because it never worked very well). Nothing will make me happier than a simple video interface that my members can use to send video using their smart phones from the scenes of accident recoveries.

I'm not making any more comments about 7.1 until it's debut. Adding to the frenzy, I'm going to hookup with Zarconia with a Ded for my new site. I think the two will be a great match.

As usual with Boonex, it is all a wait and see proposition. I am hoping when hype plays out, all will be well. From what I've seen so far, the improvements will make all the work to convert existing sites over worth it.

30 Oct 2012

my demo is updated to SVN 17127..

try the Personality module, it works great so far with 7.1

http://mynewbeetle.net/7.1/m/ptest1/

31 Oct 2012

Can I use russian language letters in Login name in D 7.1?

that's a good question. did you try?

you can also switch the site to "Russian" language; links are in the bottom menu now.

31 Oct 2012

We're including Russian language and the ALT template with the default package, because we want to have better picture of how extra langs and templates work, what may go wrong and thus we can support 3rd-party ones better. Still, some issues may arise from using different languages, like in example where the long work in the button may cause the button to overlap label icon. We're collecting the feedback and working in it.

As for resolutions in general, we do test it on higher resolutions. We start from the iPhone's non-retina size and go up to 2560x1440 (most of our screens are at this res.).

Heart Head Hands
1 Nov 2012

And, yes, I agree that better handling of white-space and fewer elements would help, and we already made a lot of improvements in this area in 7.1. We will be taking it further, gradually.

Heart Head Hands
1 Nov 2012

how close things looking at the moment for public release?

1 Nov 2012

By the way, Newton, did you deactivate your chat for guests? When I enter your chat with a guest user name it endlessly loads, I guess you use a older SVN right or? I really think that they should replace the Ray Chat with a HTML5 chat.

Yes I did.. but it is on now.

1 Nov 2012
22 Dec 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.