HostforWeb and Arvixe - Hosts from Hell

These two captioned hosting companies sit at the top of the list of recommended Dolphin hosting providers. I wonder on what basis they got there ?

My nightmare started with hostforweb which had my demo site going offline almost daily for the last two months. They keep telling me, "you need to upgrade" even though I was on a VPS plan which isn't even necessary for a demo site with ordinary traffic. They finally suspended my account saying I was using up too much resources. Again this was puzzling as all I had was a simple demo site with ordinary traffic. No intense activity was taking place on the site at any point in time.

Four days ago, I decided to give Arvixe a try. I got the VPSClass plan. My site has gone offline four times already within the four days. At the moment of writing my site is still offline and has been for the past 10 hours. I have spoken to at least seven different technical support guys within this ten hour period and they are all clueless and unable to get my VPS going.

I need some suggestions of hosting companies that can at least keep my site online.

Paypal email is jeromemingo@gmail.com - http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/modzzz
3 Jun 2012

terabyte-hosting.com

https://www.deanbassett.com
3 Jun 2012

i myself like hostforweb,, i have been with them from day one and it was shakey at first it was due to me spiking the server being new i did like most new people do, i installed every module i could freaking click on. but im proud to say i have not went down since july of last year. and hostforweb has very reasonable prices, i just wish you could talk to a tech now and then instead of the whole "only work through trouble tickets" system they have there

MY SITES http://viptopia.net general social networking | http://www.rangerschat.com/ niche site
3 Jun 2012

RE:

These two captioned hosting companies sit at the top of the list of recommended Dolphin hosting providers. I wonder on what basis they got there ?

The only thing I can figure, is that they've slipped Boonex enough bucks, to be placed at the top of the list.  It is obvious to me, and most people here, that Boonex recommended hosting has very little to do with the quality of service provided.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
3 Jun 2012

I'm in agreement here.

I still have trouble with my main site from HFW due to screwed up permissions they can't fix  I have 5 sites with them and dozens of domain names so moving is a real undertaking. Getting away from them seems to be the only resolution for me at this point.

I am giving Hostgator a try. Wish me luck.

Is there an easy way to tell who the real providers are as compared to someone reselling someone else's services?

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
4 Jun 2012

If you're looking for a simple, low-cost, shared hosting package... I've been using TMD Hosting and they're okay.  But then I've only been using them during development so I can't honestly say how their shared packages will perform for live sites, especially with 100+ add-on or upgrade modules installed.  In my case, there's been a few minor 'hiccups' over the last 6 months but they've been reasonably fast with support.

http://pkforum.dolphinhelp.com
4 Jun 2012

Is there an easy way to tell who the real providers are as compared to someone reselling someone else's services?

Depends.  A lot of hosts (hello) lease servers from datacenters and use those for their shared and VPS servers.  It's cheaper than building a datacenter and about as effective.

Resellers (those who use some kind of resold shared server (from the host, not a datacenter)) are something I would also want to avoid.  It's kind of like buying a Big Mac from someone on the street named Chuck, who got the sandwich from McDonald's, who bought the beef from a farm in a war-torn dictatorship.

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
4 Jun 2012

Resellers (those who use some kind of resold shared server (from the host, not a datacenter)) are something I would also want to avoid.  It's kind of like buying a Big Mac from someone on the street named Chuck, who got the sandwich from McDonald's, who bought the beef from a farm in a war-torn dictatorship.

lol pretty nice example.

so much to do....
4 Jun 2012

myhosting.com

Excellent support!

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
4 Jun 2012

I have been on Host4Web for 11 years now. Except for 2 instances of problems relating to their lack of proper follow thru on upgrades on machines, it has been flawless.

At current, I have 74 clients (full sites) on my server, as well as 4 live Boonex sites (2 active and 2 for beating up on mods and testing.

I monitor my servers through SMS, and have not a single issue for a long time.

The worst they do is to setup a server with a Dolphin/Boonex configuration which is incomplete, and then keep adding into the build various "ooops I forgot" services for Linux.

Security is fantastic, their monitoring is good, and support is just a single phone call away. They have never been a SUPPORT TICKET ONLY firm... and I have lots of Boonex clients on their servers who have not had any issues.

Even Monkeys and Retards get it right with repitition! - Author Unknown
5 Jun 2012

My nightmare started with hostforweb which had my demo site going offline almost daily for the last two months. They keep telling me, "you need to upgrade" even though I was on a VPS plan which isn't even necessary for a demo site with ordinary traffic. They finally suspended my account saying I was using up too much resources. Again this was puzzling as all I had was a simple demo site with ordinary traffic. No intense activity was taking place on the site at any point in time.

Four days ago, I decided to give Arvixe a try. I got the VPSClass plan. My site has gone offline four times already within the four days. At the moment of writing my site is still offline and has been for the past 10 hours. I have spoken to at least seven different technical support guys within this ten hour period and they are all clueless and unable to get my VPS going.

I need some suggestions of hosting companies that can at least keep my site online.

Hi modzzz,

I am extremely sorry for the trouble you had at Arvixe. Please understand that level of service is not normal for Arvixe. I was unable to look up your account from the information provided so I can not provide any insight on to what happened or what we can fix. Would you please e-mail qa[@]arvixe.com with this information and any ticket numbers you have/had?

Our QA team is 24/7 and they work with our 24/7 server management team to improve the stability of servers and our services.

We do understand if you are upset with Arvixe but we would like to fix the issues you had at their source. Again I am very sorry you had this experience with Arvixe and we would like to make it right.

Thank you,

-QA

8 Jun 2012

RE:

I am extremely sorry for the trouble you had at Arvixe. Please understand that level of service is not normal for Arvixe.

I beg to differ.  From the posts here in these forums over the past few years, your tactics have become quite obvious.  You sell someone a hosting plan, then attempt to coerce them into a more expensive plan.  You guys will have to do a little more than a post an apologetic excuse to mend your reputation around here.  Try doing business on straightforward terms for a change.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
8 Jun 2012

HostforWeb and Arvixe - Hosts from Hell

Hi, Jerome, how are you? Please allow me to add few facts and complete the picture of this feedback on us and Arvixe (hi guys)

Jerome is really our good, old customer, always easy to communicate, polite and reasonable, it was a true pleasure to provide service and support. Jerome signed with us 4 years ago, customer since 2008 and as of today still have active service with us ( I believe will be cancelled soon according to this thread).

During all 4 years, we received no more then 20 tickets total, including billing and support cases, which is not much at all. I am looking at the list of tickets and all these problems started back to December 2011, when subject lines of tickets changed to site down, offline, site not loading, etc. Believe me or not, but within each single such support ticket hfw team's reply was pretty similar. VPS is out resources,out of RAM, optimize application resource usage, upgrade to higher plan, add more ram. Within whole 4 years period, service was suspended once, and there was a reason.

Its not a secret that dolphin is not too light-weighted software, and with multiple modules, its a heavy application. Add here 5-10 constant MYSQL quires, dozens web server requests to PHP scripts, still acceptable if not the database's size being...13GB large, a 768MB RAM VPS was unable to handle it stable. 

I do believe that the reason why Arvixe VPS was not working properly either, it should not. Requirements for such website are much higher. 

Its also normal that users are skeptical when hosts suggest to upgrade to higher plan, we do 100% agree here, and that is why you can always consult with people who made the dolphin and know it in and out - boonex. They are proactive, talented developers who will always advise you on setup you need. That information will allow to choose a hosting company per real requirements.

If you value my personal advise, I would recommend to get a 4GB RAM dedicated or cloud machine. Some modern Quad-Core CPU will be enough, add litespeed web server and you will forget how to contact support. From you hosting company you are confident with. 

Its sad that our 4 years old customer had to go with negative feelings, we are always glad to see you back, Jerome, on proper platform for your website.

If any questions, feedback Jerome, or anyone please feel free to contact me directly: max at hostforweb.com

Max J. HostForWeb CEO.

8 Jun 2012

RE:

The only thing I can figure, is that they've slipped Boonex enough bucks, to be placed at the top of the list.  It is obvious to me, and most people here, that Boonex recommended hosting has very little to do with the quality of service provided.

Houstonlively, good day, allow me to share some facts why Boonex have recommended hosts list:

- Andrew signed with HFW in 2002 with a simple shared web-hosting. Since that year its all started, dolphin was growing, developing on our network, we were tweaking our servers to support it for 10 years now. Alex Trofimov is always part of our team when it comes to new setups are being developed. I think HFW is one of the first boonex certified providers running it on LiteSpeed web servers vs slower apache. 

- Arvixe, HFW and other hosts you see on boonex page are providing home for most dolphin setups, that why we all there. There is rating how boonex does the listing and it related to a number of setups each company does in general. I believe HFW and Arvixe still on top. 

- We ( all hosts ) always in contact with boonex development team, we communicate, we test future dolphins before on our servers before its released.

These are some of the reasons why HFW and other great hosts are listed here.

Max J. HFW

8 Jun 2012

I use HostForWeb for over a year now and they have been very efficient in handling every issue or question I had. They are always available and helpful and I have no problems with them and would like to keep it so.

I think they have Boonex support because of the fact that Boonex was hosted with them for long time.

Sometimes communicating your problem and putting it out there is enough to solve it
8 Jun 2012

Gotta shout out to HFW, Ive been with them a few years on dedicated. Not had any serious problems service wise. Support always been very good. 

Had an issue once with a harddrive packing up and needing replacement which was done fairly quick, this was a hardware issue and not service related though.

Not used another host for Dolphin so nothing to compare to, but nothing to complain about either :-)

8 Jun 2012

moved to one of hfw cloud servers last night,, man i swear the speed is amazing!

as i said i have been with them from day one, and they have always been fair and honest with me.

MY SITES http://viptopia.net general social networking | http://www.rangerschat.com/ niche site
8 Jun 2012

Hi Modzzz, sorry to hear about the crap you been facing ....

I would suggest Gigapros ! I have always used these guys, the support is the best support I have ever had from any hosting company full stop (Ive been through many also).

As far as keeping a site online !  Most people here know my site in average has 50K + users per month. Some days I have had up to 10K visitors looking around and doing things and my site has never really had any running issues / speed issues whatsoever.

I do have a huge dedicated server but all the same, I found GP awesome throughout my networks growth and no matter what my site has never been down more that 30 min's unless I required so.

GP offer 24/7 live support and I have techs working with me LIVE !  no tickets or waiting most times ;)

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
8 Jun 2012

RE:

Houstonlively, good day, allow me to share some facts why Boonex have recommended hosts list:

Let me share a fact with you.  Arvixe customers have posted here numerous times when Arvixe informed them that their "unlimited BW" + "unlimited disk space" account was using too much server resources.  It's deceptive to the customers.  It's Arvixe's way of baiting and switching... first they lure the customers in with a cheap plan with catch phrases like "unlimited data transfer" and "unlimited disk space", then as soon as the customers Dolphin site show a small amount of activity, Arvixe pressures the customer into buying a much more expensive plan.  I think the tactic sucks, and quite honestly don't see how you can come here and defend it.

8 Jun 2012

my current server with GP is:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 6-Core
Memory (RAM): 16 GB

Litespeed Web Server also.

Hi Modzzz, sorry to hear about the crap you been facing ....

I would suggest Gigapros ! I have always used these guys, the support is the best support I have ever had from any hosting company full stop (Ive been through many also).

As far as keeping a site online !  Most people here know my site in average has 50K + users per month. Some days I have had  up to 10K visitors looking around and doing things and my site has never really had any running issues / speed issues whatsoever.

I do have a huge dedicated server but all the same, I found GP awesome throughout my networks growth and no matter what my site has never been down more that 30 min's unless I required so.

GP offer 24/7 live support and I have techs working with me LIVE !  no tickets or waiting most times ;)

DedicatedServer4You.com -- BIGGEST Range of Dedicated Servers at the Lowest Price!
8 Jun 2012

Intel® Core™
i7-3930K
Hexacore

64 GB  DDR3 RAM

2 x 3 TB SATA
6 Gb/s HDD
7200 rpm
Software-RAID 1

Connected to a 1 Gbit-Port (15 TB traffic)

Colocation is the way to go, im sure some of you guys pay more for a vps server then what i pay for this.

8 Jun 2012

MY DADDY CAN BEAT UP YOUR DADDY!!... got 47 people in my video chat right now and prlly another 20 members playing games and it is only 8 pm on the east cost!

9 Jun 2012

my 2 cents, im with hostforweb for about 3 years and the customer support has been fast and great so far. 0 complaints...

9 Jun 2012

Ok Mr HFW

I had a site backup replaced by you some time back. After 6 different tries to get the permissions set correctly on the folders, I had to have an outside person go in and fix it. Even then, i was left with major permission errors that still exist today that have been with me since that backup replacement almost a year ago. The proof is in the permission errors I get in my email everyday.

Just recently, you allowed an outsider (CPanel) access to my  VPS without my permission to come in and upgrade my server software. No one asked my permission, hell, no one even told me it was going to happen. Since I was completely caught off guard by this upgrade, my email servers went down and were not accessible for days causing me a lot of harm to my base company. I know the excuse you are going to give here but it doesn't fly. NO ONE should be able to automatically access my data/server without my permission period. You allowed it to happen.

Since that time, I have been shopping and will be moving. In my experience, anyone using your server risks security violations, or worse. Your management policies are full of holes.

9 Jun 2012

How much and who with? 

Intel® Core™
i7-3930K
Hexacore

64 GB  DDR3 RAM

2 x 3 TB SATA
6 Gb/s HDD
7200 rpm
Software-RAID 1

Connected to a 1 Gbit-Port (15 TB traffic)

Colocation is the way to go, im sure some of you guys pay more for a vps server then what i pay for this.

9 Jun 2012

SkyForum, greetings.

Could you please PM me or post here your domain name or any ticket ID? Permission issues does not makes any sense if you are running suPHP which is HFW default. Let me see from inside what the whole story is.

As far cpanel update caused mail issues, SkyForum, you are not alone, this automatic update to v 11.32 affected all cpanel servers worldwide. That is not really "someone outside" accessed your VPS. Your server is any other is set to auto-update when new stable release is out. 

Ok Mr HFW

I had a site backup replaced by you some time back. After 6 different tries to get the permissions set correctly on the folders, I had to have an outside person go in and fix it. Even then, i was left with major permission errors that still exist today that have been with me since that backup replacement almost a year ago. The proof is in the permission errors I get in my email everyday.

Just recently, you allowed an outsider (CPanel) access to my  VPS without my permission to come in and upgrade my server software. No one asked my permission, hell, no one even told me it was going to happen. Since I was completely caught off guard by this upgrade, my email servers went down and were not accessible for days causing me a lot of harm to my base company. I know the excuse you are going to give here but it doesn't fly. NO ONE should be able to automatically access my data/server without my permission period. You allowed it to happen.

Since that time, I have been shopping and will be moving. In my experience, anyone using your server risks security violations, or worse. Your management policies are full of holes.

9 Jun 2012
SkyForum, found your server. 

Bill, I have reviewed all the tickets for last 8 months to find out about permission issues you had, unfortunately, I was able to locate only 1 ticket with few replies where "permissions' are mentioned. You noted that boonex recommend for some files to have 777 permissions **I'm running a Boonex site, and boonex says some of the files need to be 777** - that does not apply to your VPS setup, you are running suPHP and all files/folders are running under 755 and 644 permissions, "public write, read, execute" must be disabled for security. There is a script on our servers that does correct permissions on files and folders, and its possible if you manually put 777 perms for some file/folder it was corrected/reset by our permsfixscript causing confusion.  

There was another negative ticket, like you stated before, about cpanel worldwide update to 11.32 caused major mail issues when every server was affected, other then that - nothing special.

I see support really put efforts into making this VPS a great machine, eaccelerator setup, fcgi configuration, tmpwatch to resolve /tmp issue filled by dolphin cache. 
Bill, I am reading tickets with requests from your end, everything was done as you asked with care.

Look at your server status:
-bash-3.2# uptime
 03:37:14 up 236 days,  6:19,  0 users,  load average: 0.29, 0.45, 0.51

I don't think many other customers here can show similar uptime results.

Anyway, since you are moving, I hope you will find a better home for your dolphin. If there is something I am missing in your story, please feel free to post it here or email me - max at hostforweb.com

Max J. HFW.
9 Jun 2012

You aren't looking back far enough. Go all the way back to the point where I had to do a full backup replacement of the townation site.That experience took a week or more to complete and only after I brought in outside help was I able to get the site back online. The people that were assigned to help me couldn't even set the permissions after the backup was restored where I could make changes. It was ridiculous.

The problem is this. I own my own server. I paid almost 10 grand for it several years back. The reason I went to an online VPS is I do not have specific training or knowledge  in server management and I was shooting myself in the foot. Now I only use that home server for static web pages.

One of the things I avail myself of (and pay for) is your supposed skill to keep me safe from myself. That includes locking my server environment down from any outside access, including a cpanel upgrade.

Threatening me by saying good luck on finding another good dolphin ready server (in as many words) further infuriates me. If I'm buying a VPS or dedicated server, I can easily configure it to serve a dolphin site or two. I have learned that much.

Let me ask you a couple of questions.

Do you own your own server farm?

If not, who do you lease space from?

Do they own their own server farm?

If not, who do they lease space from?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

I'm fast losing interest in this entire project. When you look at Boonex's inability to actually finish anything to all the nonsense with the server environments that have attached themselves to this project, I might as well be trying to store an ice cream sandwich in the sun on a 100 degree day.

9 Jun 2012

SkyForum, to be clear, hfw is right about cPanel.  It updates on its own to ensure its features remain current and the server secure.  cPanel is on tens of thousands (more!) of servers; does it make sense for someone from cPanel to travel from server-to-server in order to perform an update?  Not feasible.

Backups and stuff on the other hand...

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
9 Jun 2012

Notification that changes are coming? You're telling me they make system wide changes across the internet without so much as a "hey, guess what"?

I find that a little hard to believe.

9 Jun 2012

Notification that changes are coming? You're telling me they make system wide changes across the internet without so much as a "hey, guess what"?

I find that a little hard to believe.

Never had a problem with cPanel updates.  And I would rather our servers remain secure than outdated until we can schedule to update a boat-load of VPS and dedicated servers.

But for those who don't want to receive automatic updates for cPanel and Co., go to WHM -> Server Configuration -> Update Preferences and disable all automatic update options.

Is this recommended?  No.  You now need to keep track of all updates and make it a routine to check.  cPanel handles the updating of the server software (e.g., Apache and PHP), so disabling automatic updates can and will lead to wild vulnerabilities appearing.

9 Jun 2012

Sky, if you have a valid email in WHM you should be getting an email every morning around 2 or 3am showing you everything Cpanel/WHM did. Unless you shut it off (like Nathan just mentioned) it will try and update all it's packages every night. I've never had a problem with it breaking anything but I've always had it set to "stable".

10 Jun 2012

I don't know how you all have managed to make this my fault but that's ok. I have never made any adjustments in relation to when or if cpanel upgrades. My WHM email works fine as i receive error messages everyday.

It really doesn't matter. I am about done with the 'Dolphin Experience' anyway.

10 Jun 2012

I have had some awfull times with HFW in the past. But, give thern their due, they did provide free hosting to cover the losses caused due to the problems, and all appears to be stable now.... for now....

But I have to agree with Sky also.... Boonex polocies and they way the oporate are such that now, if I did not have so much cash invested in my site, i would be taking it else where....

10 Jun 2012

I don't know how you all have managed to make this my fault but that's ok. I have never made any adjustments in relation to when or if cpanel upgrades. My WHM email works fine as i receive error messages everyday.

Never said it was your fault.  You were blaming HostForWeb for an automated cPanel update, so I wanted to set the record straight.

10 Jun 2012

Sky, 

No one is blaming you.

I just recently purchased a VPS setup, my first one. 

I had now clue how to use WHM at first and never looked at the cPanel setup inside there.

Now checking these setting as Nathan mentioned in the WHM, mine too are set up "automatically update" and it is set for the stable version.

I never set this so this has to be a default setting "out of the box" for WHM settings and rightly so as I would never have looked there.

I'm glad this didn't happen to me, as I would have stood on your side. "Hey I didn't set that!"

But it is set to protect...

ManOfTeal.COM a Proud UNA site, six years running strong!
10 Jun 2012

Ok. I got all involved in this move. Then I started looking at the mess I had to contend with and then weighed that against the trouble it was really going to be compared to the trouble I was having with HFW

I have decided to just stay with HFW. I already have 25 domain names with them. I also have 15 more over at register.com and I think I might even have 1 or 2 at godidldy.com.

I just sent the EPP codes to HFW to import what I had left at Register.com and am now closing my brand new account at Hostgator.

I just wasn't getting along with their systems or their web interfaces. Hostgator really makes no effort when you are trying to move multiple domain names at one time. their system wants you to enter each one individually, then fill out all the new contact details, blah blah blah. I said screw that.

I sent HFW a single trouble ticket with all the domain names I wanted done and voila, it's done. No muss, no fuss.

I pay $79.95 a month and i have never gotten a "You've used too much CPU so we're screwing with you now" messages like you get at Arvixe. Why fix what's not really broke eh?

23 Jun 2012

Well Done Sky!!!!!

Ok. I got all involved in this move. Then I started looking at the mess I had to contend with and then weighed that against the trouble it was really going to be compared to the trouble I was having with HFW

I have decided to just stay with HFW. I already have 25 domain names with them. I also have 15 more over at register.com and I think I might even have 1 or 2 at godidldy.com.

I just sent the EPP codes to HFW to import what I had left at Register.com and am now closing my brand new account at Hostgator.

I just wasn't getting along with their systems or their web interfaces. Hostgator really makes no effort when you are trying to move multiple domain names at one time. their system wants you to enter each one individually, then fill out all the new contact details, blah blah blah. I said screw that.

I sent HFW a single trouble ticket with all the domain names I wanted done and voila, it's done. No muss, no fuss.

I pay $79.95 a month and i have never gotten a "You've used too much CPU so we're screwing with you now" messages like you get at Arvixe. Why fix what's not really broke eh?

Sometimes communicating your problem and putting it out there is enough to solve it
24 Jun 2012

I went and read the AUPs for a couple of Dolphin Hosts.

From your experience, what is the dividing line between acceptable Adult nude and unacceptable Porn?

On FaceBook, users (not me) post nudie pics and they get taken down and/or accounts get zapped.

Some months down the line, I want to put up a network for artists, and all over the web in professional networking sites for artists, there's plenty of nudes - male and female. Kt's part of the biz. Show business, Hollywood and beyond.

It's just that Dolphin can do much more than current sites for artists have, and can do more.

I want to find a good host - and probably a good consultant or two - that walks the middle ground on content, and not a sleazy host that has no competency.

24 Jun 2012

Boonex recommended me HostforWeb a month ago I are cheating are not professionals, they are incompetent and do not know how to transfer a. I'm losing users and reputation for these useless. My site is offline forever. Do not recommend HostforWeb, they just want money

25 Jun 2012

can you explain "do not know how to transfer" cause i know of many sites they have transferred with no problems at all

26 Jun 2012

Boonex recommended me HostforWeb a month ago I are cheating are not professionals, they are incompetent and do not know how to transfer a. I'm losing users and reputation for these useless. My site is offline forever. Do not recommend HostforWeb, they just want money

Hello, pepekas, please allow to share some details on your issue. Its really sad to hear you decided to post such feedback, when you know we really did everything to help you out. Anyway, lets people judge this situation. 

First of all the issue is not related to dolphin or hosting itself. You are trying to switch domain registrar to us, and we still trying to explain, pepekas, that your domain is locked by current registrar and that is why 6 times in a raw domain transfer is failing. 

===================================

Hello,

Your domain transfer request failed:
Canceled - Domain is locked at current registrar
Please unlock the domain at your current registrar and we will start a new transfer.
Thank You.
Max P.

============

You are not professionals, return my money.I'm tired. 5 or 6 times equal.I'm no fool.If I do not ask, do not say anything hostforweb and pass time.Hostforweb deceived me.
==========

pepekas, your domain is pointing to us, domain transfer does not affect your hosting service, however TMD hosting unlocked the domain not that long ago, it was locked at the time of transfer. We can try another transfer, as whois is showing ACTIVE status now, the transfer will work this time. Just restart it via your control panel or contact us back in the support team.

pepekas, there is really no need to be upset, all you had to do is to unlock domain at current registrar.
You are already hosted by us, if you still wish to cancel with us because of that - we'll do full refund, no worries here, please drop a cancel form for hosting via your client area or PM me for assistance.

26 Jun 2012

hello, if you are interesting in upgrading to cloud server from the VPS, I can offer you too keep same cost, but get next level hosting technology, self-healing, redundant, scaleable, quicker and what is most important for dolphin - 100% isolated, no suspensions due to overload. We are working on dolphin cloud platform that will be announced later. You may take advantage today, just pm me, your critics on cloudVPS would be valuable for us.

26 Jun 2012

would like to chime in here on hfw's cloud hosting, i switched to the cloud hosting last month and it was like having christmas in the middle of may, you can really tell the difference in how the site responds, very snappy and i love it!

26 Jun 2012

13GB database for a Dolphin site? I'm curious to know the database size of some active sites, and what the top three tables are size wise.

If MySQL is swapping out to disk continuously I can see how that would be an issue for any server, especially a VPS.

Light man a fire keep him warm for a night, light him ON fire & he will be warm the rest of his life
27 Jun 2012

don't worry my friend its just the beginning. Very active sites DB can go much much much bigger in size. By the way keep cleaning your overhead and optimize it through phpmyadmin.

13GB database for a Dolphin site? I'm curious to know the database size of some active sites, and what the top three tables are size wise.

If MySQL is swapping out to disk continuously I can see how that would be an issue for any server, especially a VPS.

so much to do....
27 Jun 2012

tussery HostforWeb works?, defend the indefensible.

1 - I have downloaded many other hosting domains and have had no problems, only HostforWeb.

2 - I will transfer, tussery speaks does not know what my problem or know of more than two months HostforWeb

3 - MI DOMAIN YET STILL OFFLINE

11 Jul 2012

hello, if you are interesting in upgrading to cloud server from the VPS, I can offer you too keep same cost, but get next level hosting technology, self-healing, redundant, scaleable, quicker and what is most important for dolphin - 100% isolated, no suspensions due to overload. We are working on dolphin cloud platform that will be announced later. You may take advantage today, just pm me, your critics on cloudVPS would be valuable for us.

Well, I have 36 (I think) domains hosted with you now. I am working on several of them. I will take a look at your cloud hosting. Mostly it will come down to management features and cost. I know how to manage a VPS using cpanel and so forth after much trial and error. I'm not sure how interested I'll be if that format changes much.

I do know that I find your domain management page sadly lacking and very difficult to use when dealing with multiple domain names. That's one area where register.com leaves you in the dust. Your yearly domain renewal price is the ONLY reason I switched. (you're at $12.95 whereas I was only able to get $19.99 with them)

Taking a wait and see attitude. BTW, the permission issue for my main dolphin site (townation) still exists. I get emails everyday that look like this,

This has been going on ever since we did the restore... Have never been able to resolve it.

- Membership expiration letters -
Send membership expire letters: 0 letters

Warning: filectime(): stat failed for
/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_a78f2c5063a938b282895fd1c848e840.php
in
/home/skyforum/public_html/inc/classes/BxDolCronCmd.php
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1841.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user374.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user472.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1635.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user532.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user359.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_dt_firestarter_red_24fe960f064e85349932f61952ea9e41.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user394.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user188.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_ps_group_1_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user297.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1491.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user337.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user329.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1794.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1546.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user223.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_d156c7c88d97d73dfcd12e808d03c94a.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1418.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_13489d17aa29506db026114731abba29.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user163.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user424.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1492.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1817.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_2f254ad13b2cfa7b6c4707d9ab07d456.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user198.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_bf13d1178d9cba334ff6cc862119cc44.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_24fe960f064e85349932f61952ea9e41.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user476.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user348.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user496.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_objects_cmts_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1486.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_39fda7a3f491deaddc69c3bde29a2cd2.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_a447ca7a61551dbcaf52ffe2afa6d3c5.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_2f59e72f0d94aceb724b46cb0d116273.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_acl_levels2_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_ps_action_classified_view_classified_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user315.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_objects_tag_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_checkLangExists_cs_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_b8868f9c22086d090f9b64aa68154d40.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user279.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_6f9fd15f920386f13227d93cc069cf4e.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_7fd073449f7b5b9a0afa9f5213774046.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user165.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1633.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_554fef32ea4afba40e14d6dba29e8c82.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user462.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_dt_firestarter_red_8aa9895e62ac50392591417302a837cf.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_modules_pageac_top_menu_1fd36b347fd7bc45c747cc51be2c9d22_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_2a6c7815c2762f91c8a5cf2b13c5238c.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_1f083217a08052c48f5b66304e059df9.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1774.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user418.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user367.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user310.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_dt_firestarter_red_5e467ee39957eae683f2e0c0bfa96121.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user491.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_dt_firestarter_red_2f7193c89553c79b2b4ff384d444449c.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user383.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_dt_firestarter_red_4ab9cbfcca700a85a1104c0027d70595.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_9ad7f9314e3b2f36b0bd301c4b6e172e.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user416.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_72713d7bcd69a7bfedc8409b3af0390a.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_ps_action_classified_post_in_forum_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user285.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user423.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_c4631131f2d47af3a246bebb87bb57be.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user288.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_dt_firestarter_red_1ce069de65b77470b07753698fc0cf90.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user230.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_5e467ee39957eae683f2e0c0bfa96121.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user382.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1709.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user295.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_ps_group_5_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_5deb351fa795ec6ce491e5e6aecf3b1c.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user451.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_273175af6a3a903b56fd62044d1af41b.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_d229f07494f60dfc89b063577287b6b3.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_alerts_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_15cafdff5bc26b2f1ca682aa4ffdffca.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user303.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user238.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_f8ec5ad1c637a8b3fc609ab4b400c9c3.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user216.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_d89fb60e518a1a07df5dccd8f9109b77.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user442.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user398.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_6c5de6bf7a78e85f0a419df8c5f8bd9a.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user361.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user162.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user328.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_c32face334845fa73b883075f73114ea.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1606.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_injections_admin.inc_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_prevalues_keys_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user71.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_objects_views_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user302.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user354.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user465.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_dt_firestarter_red_66f2ee98a65ad559de23d7e811b90503.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user214.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user9.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_ps_group_0_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1805.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_4e1fc0d94d2d1932ca7722f90fd0eb65.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_2901745f37e1a12d6ccab02c338a11f1.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_pre_values_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user406.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_c6266d2b2db9f506a7c7478a605b5124.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_messages_types_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_1644172eb00df64f4cc3454b2dab43f0.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user94.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user313.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user25.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user474.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_menu_top_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_6096b89911b9970d0d1f13122dc08d92.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user369.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user411.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user135.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user172.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_checkLangExists_be_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user243.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1741.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1800.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1490.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_ps_group_4_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user186.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_objects_categories_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1565.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_menu_bottom_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user364.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user469.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1535.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1438.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_d032ae9efd7189056266dbbd18d6f282.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user158.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1812.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_b6053d68ca502ebfff0b3217d1ac3d5a.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_dt_firestarter_red_1f083217a08052c48f5b66304e059df9.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user396.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user225.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_dt_firestarter_red_1644172eb00df64f4cc3454b2dab43f0.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user381.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_0c42cc51ef96b09a23ae1a8515c8f228.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_3fb648e44eefb516d1629166c62cdfe4.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_1e4f2bb853265042a78b1f6371056c2c.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user466.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1691.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_bdf0f3a2616f1e2d19d2c94dee0a783d.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_694a7380011faa514d73111936e522b7.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_dt_firestarter_red_ec168ad320f98d7689e8ffb4416cd9f4.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user531.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user372.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user473.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user339.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_81c4dda1f521df25ecb6067faa41c7d6.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_e0db0bd52fd25436a863ea3e03b82823.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1476.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/db_sys_ps_action_classified_rate_732149c9418160bffd53fe1d161cae8f.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1521.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1782.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_04a301f3b21b19c79e6aa087ae14ec6c.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user323.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user485.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user201.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_dt_firestarter_red_8627355e166e95ffe2e1d82490b2a154.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_0bed96c025d1fe2ede3ea0bc5f6ca698.php
in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user490.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/user1843.php in
on line 172

/home/skyforum/public_html/cache/bx_templ_en_uni_c0025eb3e2d745af076afe0508e5de5d.php
in
on line 172

- Temporary files check -
Total temp files: 980
Deleted temp files: 290

- Database cleaning -
Deleted profiles:
Deleted virtual kisses: 0
Deleted messages: 0
Deleted sessions: 0
Deleted records from ip block list: 0
Deleted views: 191
Deleted votes: 0
Deleted comment votes: 0

12 Jul 2012

tussery HostforWeb works?, defend the indefensible.

1 - I have downloaded many other hosting domains and have had no problems, only HostforWeb.

2 - I will transfer, tussery speaks does not know what my problem or know of more than two months HostforWeb

3 - MI DOMAIN YET STILL OFFLINE

did you mean to put all them words together like that?? in that order?

12 Jul 2012

I'd agree with Modzzz: Arvixe quality isn't as good as it was described.

12 Jul 2012
28 Aug 2013

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.