WordPress Integration

Hi everyone,

Has anyone done WordPress Integration before? Is there a mod for it?  Let me know.  I need help and of course I'll pay. Thanks.  :)

Patrick

27 Jan 2010

I'd go for that as well!

Nice integration on your website though Houston..

27 Jan 2010

So was this ever done?  I'm starting to think the D7 blogging system is rather lame, in the same way I think most of us reached the conclusion that the D7 Orca forums are rather lame.  Not sure how this would work- but would it be possible to give our members at least some of the blogging tools available in Wordpress?

28 Mar 2010

great idea - yes I too would like to integrate Wordpress - a module would  welcome

Bosun / Moderator -- My Products : http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/danielmarseille
28 Mar 2010

You can do this blog - it would be really nice to have Wordpress blogs with D7 - I do not speak English - I use google translation

Bosun / Moderator -- My Products : http://www.boonex.com/market/posts/danielmarseille
28 Mar 2010

You can do this blog - it would be really nice to have Wordpress blogs with D7 - I do not speak English - I use google translation

Really? Your Google translated English is better than most others who actually speak the language. Good work!

http://towtalk.net ... Hosted by Zarconia.net!
28 Mar 2010

Really? Your Google translated English is better than most others who actually speak the language. Good work!

Are you insulting my English?

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
28 Mar 2010

HL, what are your expectations out of a WP integration?

I might be able to put something together, guess it just depends on how much work is involved.

Just downloaded it - having a quick look

/DM

Dolphin - Ajax Masturbation
28 Mar 2010

yes I am with Google - I translated from French into English - and I re-translated from English into French to see what happens -

if it is not correct - I change the words -

29 Mar 2010

I have a domain name that I use it to test D7 - if you want - I can install WP in a folder - to test

29 Mar 2010

Yes I would love a proper integration of WPMU login and registration with Dolphin.

The free plugins available for WP would be an awesome advantage for a start!

29 Mar 2010

Agree with the top navigation bar, had similar thoughts myself.

Also concur on the single login, and (HL) although it may be something that you could do without, it's something that most people would want.

I had thoughts about other items too..

These are all features that are available in the current blogs that would be good to retain

• Tags / Category sharing with Dolphin
  • Search from within Dolphin to include WP post content
  • Latest posts / Comments / Popular / Top posts aggregated on blogs page / front page / profile pages
  • Administrative functions
  • Userbar displaying on WP pages

With the following features also optionally being integrated

• Dolphin calendar showing posts (there is a widget available to users for this)
  • Featured blogs (might be better to manually create a HTML block with screen grab for impact)
  • Subscriptions - there are already features within WP for this??
  • Ratings - can be a useful tool to help visitors find popular content.

There are also some features that will be lost - namely :

• video comments

To some extent, these features still require a central blogs page to be retained within Dolphin as a portal, just so that there is somewhere to display the info, and this leads to the biggest question - how do you get to the users blogs? Do you utilise the WPMU main screen or one in Dolphin? Do you use a  a blogs home page for each use?r, or just a link from their profile that leads to their blog? This will all depend on what people require for their sites, would be good to get some ideas on how everyone thinks that this should be achieved. I have mine, but they may not suit...

Anyhows... progress....

I've managed to get a single log-in working, as I saw this as the most important issue to bridge - the functionality at present is that users can log into WPMU with their D7 details. Once there they can create a blog. Actually, once there, they can create as many blogs as they like. I'm still deciding if this is a good thing or a bad thing - but it is default WPMU functionality. My initial thoughts were to have the blog created automatically, but this is not standard dolphin functionality - so 2 options here - retain standard WPMU way of doing things and have multiple blogs (could be a cool feature), or retain dolphin 'Create Blog' page to create the WP blog.

Anyhows, will keep chipping away at this and let you know how I'm progressing.

/DM

30 Mar 2010

How is this going DeeEmm?

Is there a mod for sale, or available yet??? I am very interested in this one since being able to integrate WordPress would allow the ability to dispose of a large amount of the bad things about D7.

I appreciate any response  : )

~PC

15 Apr 2010

How is this going DeeEmm?

Is there a mod for sale, or available yet??? I am very interested in this one since being able to integrate WordPress would allow the ability to dispose of a large amount of the bad things about D7.

I appreciate any response  : )

~PC

Hi PC.

I haven't progressed any further with this at present, as I have been stuck in the middle of my company tax returns. :(

It's top of my list, after I have cleared everything up - which will probably take another week or so.

/DM

15 Apr 2010

Thanks DeeEmm. I will keep an eye out for it - should it ever come to pass.

Good luck with the taxes.

~ PC

15 Apr 2010

Cool!! i didn't know DeeEmm was going to do this.  Sweet!!  I'm DEF interested. Laughing

15 Apr 2010

Hows it going guys.

I was wondering I would just like to add it to the front page of my site.I do not need the login information as the wordpress will be used by just a few admins to post information to the community.Is there any way to just parse the xml file to the main page i have just about tried eveything and i am almost certain i am inches away just like everything I try to do with dolphin

2 May 2010

Hows it going guys.

I was wondering I would just like to add it to the front page of my site.I do not need the login information as the wordpress will be used by just a few admins to post information to the community.Is there any way to just parse the xml file to the main page i have just about tried eveything and i am almost certain i am inches away just like everything I try to do with dolphin

There are a few ways of doing this, the easiest simply being to include an iframe in a HTML block. However this is far from a perfect solution as iframes are not universally supported by all browsers, and they are detected as a security issue by others.

The best method is to read the Info returned by the URL into a string and use this directly, however, this depends on the value of allow_url_fopen. The allow_url_fopen directive is often disabled, as many see it as a security issue (the truth is that the directive itself is not a security issue, but it can be used to exploit a site once it's security has been compromised). If you can use this directive you will need to do the following.

• Read the URL into a string
  • Strip any excess / unneeded info
  • Put the code into a php block on your site (deano had a mod for this / jtadeo has a tutorial)
  • Echo the string to the browser within the block
The info you will need to strip depends on what you want to display. If you want to display only a certain portion then you may be better off to extract only this portion instead - the methods are different.

To replace identifiable portions use the string replace function - the example below replaces the head tag with nothing
To replace everything between some identifiable portions use a regex - the example below matches everything between the body tags

<?php
// read url into string
$yourstring = fopen("http://www.yoursite.com/wordypress/index.php", "r");

//replace some text
$yourstring = str_replace('<head>','',$yourstring);

//match everything between the <body> tags
preg_match_all('/\<body\>(.*?)\<\/body\>/', $temp_text, $temp_array);
$yourstring = $temp_array[0];

//echo to browser
echo $yourstring;
?>

Whilst this is not a complete solution hopefully it may help you.

As an aside, it is worth noting that if allow_url_fopen is set to off, you may still be able to achieve the same with fsockopen and fgets.

HTH

/DM

PS I will still be continuing with development of the WP integration, but I am currently very 'time poor' due to other commitments.

3 May 2010

Hows it going guys.

There are a few ways of doing this, the easiest simply being to include an iframe in a HTML block. However this is far from a perfect solution as iframes are not universally supported by all browsers, and they are detected as a security issue by others.

The best method is to read the Info returned by the URL into a string and use this directly, however, this depends on the value of allow_url_fopen. The allow_url_fopen directive is often disabled, as many see it as a security issue (the truth is that the directive itself is not a security issue, but it can be used to exploit a site once it's security has been compromised). If you can use this directive you will need to do the following.

• Read the URL into a string
  • Strip any excess / unneeded info
  • Put the code into a php block on your site (deano had a mod for this / jtadeo has a tutorial)
  • Echo the string to the browser within the block
The info you will need to strip depends on what you want to display. If you want to display only a certain portion then you may be better off to extract only this portion instead - the methods are different.

To replace identifiable portions use the string replace function - the example below replaces the head tag with nothing
To replace everything between some identifiable portions use a regex - the example below matches everything between the body tags

<?php
// read url into string
$yourstring = fopen("http://www.yoursite.com/wordypress/index.php", "r");

//replace some text
$yourstring = str_replace('<head>','',$yourstring);

//match everything between the <body> tags
preg_match_all('/\<body\>(.*?)\<\/body\>/', $temp_text, $temp_array);
$yourstring = $temp_array[0];

//echo to browser
echo $yourstring;
?>

Whilst this is not a complete solution hopefully it may help you.

As an aside, it is worth noting that if allow_url_fopen is set to off, you may still be able to achieve the same with fsockopen and fgets.

HTH

/DM

PS I will still be continuing with development of the WP integration, but I am currently very 'time poor' due to other commitments.

Just pointing me in the direction of the post by jtadeo was a huge help... Lets just say i was doing it wrong. I didn't realize a few things.

4 May 2010

Have you become "time richer" yet DeeEmm? LOL

This would be such a useful mod. I really hope that *someone* does it - if not you.

21 Jun 2010

Have you become "time richer" yet DeeEmm? LOL

This would be such a useful mod. I really hope that *someone* does it - if not you.

LOL - I'm never really completely time rich.

I haven't forgotten about this, just shifted it down the list a little. (sorry)

As far as major mods go, I really want to get the Orca mod I'm working on out first. It's nearly there - just got some administration functions to add in. After that is done I will jump back onto this mod. Not forgetting that I'm also still working on minor stuff in-between times.

Of course, having an update released also does not help much - as I have to find the time to test and update all of my mods to work with 7.0.2 (thankfully now finished)

/DM

21 Jun 2010

Hi DeeEmm, any updates on the WordPress integration?

Regards,

Stuart

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
14 Jul 2010

We have developed wordpress integration for dolphin before a year for dolphin 6.

We can modify it for dolphin 7 as well. Interested people can contact me.

----
15 Jul 2010

We have developed wordpress integration for dolphin before a year for dolphin 6.

I am interested. If you do this, please let me know.

Thanks!

15 Jul 2010

I too am interested in this!

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
17 Jul 2010

RE:

Demo?

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
17 Jul 2010

i'm thinking that it might be easier to further develop the dolphin news module into a wordpress like blog, than it would be to integrate wordpress into dolphin. anyone?

i'm tired
5 Sep 2010

I love to have that !

Is anything new about it, or I missed something ?

2 Jan 2011

Any progress DeeEmm?

Best regards, Eru

Best regards, Eru - http://www.zoopal.org
4 Feb 2011

It would be great if someone could pull this off. I have a couple of things that would be nice to use a Wordpress integration  for.

Simply getting the logins/logouts to correlate would be good enough for me.

28 Feb 2011

Im def interested :-)

28 Feb 2011

I have integrated wordpress with dolphin 7  for several clients.

I will  set up a  live  demo on my  dev  server   so you can see it   live.

will post links to free resources for integrating wordpress in dolphin

Samuel

www.gsgroup.info

Your Success is permanent when you help others around you to Succeed.
2 Mar 2011

I have integrated wordpress with dolphin 7  for several clients.

I will  set up a  live  demo on my  dev  server   so you can see it   live.

will post links to free resources for integrating wordpress in dolphin

Samuel

www.gsgroup.info

That is a great news :-)

Thank you !

2 Mar 2011

We have done this for several dolphin 7 websites. It is ready to be installed on any dolphin website.

The installation and initial setup needs some care. So, we will do that for you.

If any of you interested, contact me.

----
2 Mar 2011

We have done this for several dolphin 7 websites. It is ready to be installed on any dolphin website.

The installation and initial setup needs some care. So, we will do that for you.

If any of you interested, contact me.

Demo Plz ???

15 Mar 2011

Price estimate?

15 Mar 2011

Any update on integration  i am very interested

17 May 2011

Samuel, did you ever get a demo server up with wordpress and Dolphin integrated? I like alot of the Dolphin funcions but simple stuff thats works well in WP like vertical menus would be great. I have seen the code posted on Boonex about creating vertical menus and it works nice. But I have not been able to find a way or were to integrate it into dolphin 7. Any Ideas? Just using the base template how can I move the menu from horizonal to vertical?

18 May 2011

Plz. wait for a couple of days for a demo.

----
18 May 2011

UFO360: No Advertising

Your Success is permanent when you help others around you to Succeed.
22 Jun 2011

any updates, demo? Also interested.

27 Jun 2011

Plz. wait for a couple of days for a demo.

Any progress ?

21 Sep 2011

I have a customer who wants to MOVE all of his WP blogs (a few hundred)  to Dolphin 7.   Is there any easy way to do this?

Thanks!

8 Dec 2011

No, you would have to pay someone to write a migration tool for you or do it manually.

I have a customer who wants to MOVE all of his WP blogs (a few hundred)  to Dolphin 7.   Is there any easy way to do this?

Thanks!

BoonEx Certified Host: Zarconia.net - Fully Supported Shared and Dedicated for Dolphin
8 Dec 2011

I have a customer who wants to MOVE all of his WP blogs (a few hundred)  to Dolphin 7.

I would suggest that your customer submit to a psychological evaluation.  They have to be completely nuts to want to do this.

My opinions expressed on this site, in no way represent those of Boonex or Boonex employees.
8 Dec 2011

I'll explain a bit further.  They have a few hundred Microsoft Word documents that they want to add to Dolphin 7 blog posts.  I know how to use the Word Publish to Wordpress blogs and that is very quick and easy.  Then if they're all in Wordpress I was hoping that it was an easy transition to D7. 

If there is an easy, automated, way to go direct from Word to D7 then I'm listening...

(thanks for the responses!)  ...and I have searched this forum for ideas but no luck so far...

8 Dec 2011

yeah not something that is going to happen with dolphin. 

I'll explain a bit further.  They have a few hundred Microsoft Word documents that they want to add to Dolphin 7 blog posts.  I know how to use the Word Publish to Wordpress blogs and that is very quick and easy.  Then if they're all in Wordpress I was hoping that it was an easy transition to D7. 

If there is an easy, automated, way to go direct from Word to D7 then I'm listening...

(thanks for the responses!)  ...and I have searched this forum for ideas but no luck so far...

you would possibly fare better if you would bridge the logins for dolphin/wp then disable the default blog module, and wrap dolphin around wordpress

dolphins blogging system does leave a lot to be desired. 

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
9 Dec 2011

I've found the "Dolphin Blog Importer":  http://dolphin.modules2buy.com/blog-importer.html

Looks like a solution...   Anyone have any experience with this importer?

9 Dec 2011

Never heard of that mod or that website, I don't know if I would trust either of them.

9 Dec 2011

I've found the "Dolphin Blog Importer":  http://dolphin.modules2buy.com/blog-importer.html

Looks like a solution...   Anyone have any experience with this importer?

Never heard of that mod or that website, I don't know if I would trust either of them.

http://www.boonex.com/m/dolphin-blog-importer

The mod is listed in the market here.  I recommend contacting the developer and asking any questions you might have in regards to the module.

9 Dec 2011

Update:

Installed the Blog Importer module and it works pretty darn well.  The one thing we see is it's not recognizing the Wordpress Categories and changing them all to category = 'Wordpress'.  Not making much sense and I'll contact the author.

This will solve our Wordpress Blogs importing to Dolphin and make our lives a whole lot easier.

9 Dec 2011

i must say that is indeed interesting. 

Update:

Installed the Blog Importer module and it works pretty darn well.  The one thing we see is it's not recognizing the Wordpress Categories and changing them all to category = 'Wordpress'.  Not making much sense and I'll contact the author.

This will solve our Wordpress Blogs importing to Dolphin and make our lives a whole lot easier.

though i am still baffled about the desire to opt for dolphin's minimalistic blogging system over wordpress? i would still love to see a database bridge for wordpress, and some type of wrapper to integrate/bridge the use of the wordpress blogging system into dolphin for a more cohesive approach to blogging. 

Good luck in your ventures, but i think you could be traversing the wrong direction here. good find on the plugin, and hope things work out for you. 

When a GIG is not enough --> Terabyte Dolphin Technical Support - Server Management and Support
10 Dec 2011

Update:

I've cleaned up the code for the Blog Importer module and it now includes the Category listings.  I also found a way to import the Wordpress blogs directly into D7 Articles.   Converting to Articles may be cleaner for my client.

The more that I look at the Blogging on D7 the more I'm agreeing with the consensus.   I'll have to give some thought to the integration of Wordpress blogs to be directly viewed in D7.   If someone has done this, I'd love to see a demo. 

I've since discovered that the client has many more hundreds of Word docs that they want on Dolphin.  Maybe I'll take the Blog Importer module and convert it to input the Word docs directly...   Will it never end... ;-)

10 Dec 2011

Anyone ever get anywhere with login / registration being integrated?

17 Mar 2012

I think there is no chance to integrate Dolphin into Wordpress. 

But maybe there is chance to integrate chat module only? Any ideas - anybody?

1 Apr 2012

Is there a mod - or a method - for people to send an email directly from D7 public profiles?   What I would like is a "send message" button that brings up a simple form - with a captcha - that allows people to send messages directly to members of a site. 

3 Apr 2012

Is there a mod - or a method - for people to send an email directly from D7 public profiles?   What I would like is a "send message" button that brings up a simple form - with a captcha - that allows people to send messages directly to members of a site. 

What does this have to do with a WordPress integration?

3 Apr 2012
19 Dec 2012

Below is the legacy version of the Boonex site, maintained for Dolphin.Pro 7.x support.
The new Dolphin solution is powered by UNA Community Management System.